Other matches Friday 9th - Thursday 15th

Wolves played their "get out of jail" card last night two minutes into injury time, Fulham have 6 matches left and it looks pretty hopeless.

Ironically we would like Villa and Palace to do us a favour today, if Chelsea draw and Liverpool win we'll be down to 6th on goal difference.

Also tonight Real Madrid v Barcelona 8pm but it only seems to be available on subscription channels

Comments

• Yeah it looks tough for Fulham now. I hope they push it to the end at least. I want to see Parker do as well as he can but I actually don't care at all whether the club stay up.
  • Fulham had a resurgence but seem to have ran out of gas

Seems bleak for then now

Agree that Palace and Villa need to do us a favour, a draw in both would be huge
  • Whoops, Leeds go 1 up at the Etihad with their one and only shot on goal so far.

And then reduced to 10 men on VAR
  • What is it about Bamford, he was anonymous today and when Leeds scored from his own assist, he went over for the goal huddle but his body language showed no interest whatsoever.

I think the red card was harsh, I get it, force and follow through and all that but the ball was there to be played and he played it, for me a yellow would have been appropriate
  • edited April 2021
    Andre Ayew scores to put Swansea 1-0 in London SE16
  • Leeds now 2-1 up
  • Great time for any side to play city in the league. They will be resting plenty of their top players and only really playing them in the cups and CL. I wish we had had them in our run in.
  • Villa couldn't just do us a favour....
  • This is why Villa should be cancelled as a football club. This and Grealish.
  • edited April 2021
    We all knew Liverpool would score in injury time as they always seem to do over many years as it’s the “Liverpool way”. ☹️
  • Ross Barkley should’ve won it for Villa , he completely fluffed a superb chance in the last couple of minutes then Liverpool go up the other end and score.
    Fine margins eh?
  • How can Palace be this dross.
  • Palace getting spanked
  • Not sure whats worse ,Chelsea looking like they might score 8 .or Karen carney .Think i may go for a lay down .Really dont want to hear her saying Chelsea are on point again and again
  • Palace are such a " nothing " side
  • Chelsea rampant.
  • Palace are getting schooled and Wilf is throwing his toys about.
  • So nothings changed then?
  • On the subject of the cancellation of Villa, we should remember that we had the chance to do exactly that on the last day of last season
  • A draw is a must now, at least.
  • It would be great if we could stay in the Top 4 but I have to be realistic & hope and pray we can stay in a league position which will result in us qualifying for Europe. Having looked at the fixtures of the other clubs I can only see two matches where Liverpool for example may drop points, @ Leeds and Old Trafford where as we have got to get the better of Leicester and Chelsea with tricky games to come now more so without Declan & Antonio. The others have got some head to head games but it would be typical of the red half of Merseyside to put a run together to finish top 4 especially if they go out this week of the Champions League.
  • I am hoping we finish as high as we can, & of course want us to aim for top four.

Realistically, my ambition for this season is to see if we can stay in the top 6. Any sort of European outcome would be great.
  • Lukerz said:

I am hoping we finish as high as we can, & of course want us to aim for top four.

Realistically, my ambition for this season is to see if we can stay in the top 6. Any sort of European outcome would be great.

I agree but for my Chelsea mate who would never let me forget that they finished above us and qualified for the champions league.
    That’s despite me obviously telling him for the past ten years or so that “ Yeah , but you bought that.”

• Slacker said:

Lukerz said:

I am hoping we finish as high as we can, & of course want us to aim for top four.

I agree but for my Chelsea mate who would never let me forget that they finished above us and qualified for the champions league.
    That’s despite me obviously telling him for the past ten years or so that “ Yeah , but you bought that.”

My brothers are both Arsenal fans, and whenever we beat or are doing better than them I HAMMER them. When they beat us, if they ever try it with me I just say “yeah but we’re West Ham? You’re meant to?” and it takes the fun out of it. Any Chelsea fan that teases a West Ham fan for finishing ahead needs their head screwed in. Even the fact that there’s a competition is pretty damning of their season
  • Who says cheats don’t prosper. Son spends 5 minutes lying on the ground holding his face after a little flick hoping that McTominay would get a second yellow and it results in a goal being ruled out. He then ends up scoring himself.
    Somehow they've got to find a way of ruling out cheating with all this “go to ground and you’ll get a foul”.
  • Spurs players falling over, to get goals disallowed and players booked. Couldn’t happen to a nicer team than Man Utd, but even so Spurs are cheating.
  • Son was a disgrace in that incident
  • Even Sky said “if Son stayed on his feet, that goal stands”.
  • Then why stay on your feet?