Other matches Friday 9th - Thursday 15th

124»

Comments

• I was waiting ages for that one key moment to happen and it did right at the end, the ref blowing the final whistle.
  • 0-0 works for me :)
  • Brighton are your classic wannabe side. They want to play nice football, always have 60% possession, have loads of shots, don’t create a clear chance all game. So dull.
  • Brighton are Palace without Zaha
  • Useless stat of the day

With Brightons draw they mathematically cannot finish above us

21 points yet to play and even if we lose every single game the lowest we could possibly get is 15th (which is also impossible as not every team can get max points as they have to play each other)
  • After the first two games this season, I'd have taken 15th without a second thought... if this is a dream , please don't wake me =)
  • I disagree with the Brighton hate (strong word that nobody said but I’m using it for shock value!)

I think they play some really good stuff, and if Neal Maupay was even 20% better at finishing they’d be much higher up the league. I think they create a lot of good changes (not last night by the sound of it) but just can’t put it in the net. If they had someone like Ivan Toney I think they’d be a very very good team
  • I hate Brighton
  • Ham, thanks for that. =)
  • I like Brighton! It's my favourite place in England and I remember early Championship Manager days when Bobby was banging them in Division 3!
  • Brighton use to be my second team ,as my sister lived there ,not so much now as for some reason i cant stand Potter
  • edited April 2021
    I have absolutely no opinion of Brighton & Hove Albion

It used to be a nice away trip but that was at the old ground, I've never been to one in Falmer which is well away from the seaside
  • I'm down the road from it. Their fans are some of the most plastic you'll come across (not all).
  • Aslef summed it up well. I have no opinion on Brighton either - they seem to do nothing of interest (apart from to their own fans obviously). At least we win the odd game, or upset people occasionally!! 😀⚒
  • Hamstew said:

I hate Brighton

I'd wager he doesn't rate palace either =)
  • Hi lives in Crawley so is likely caught up in the vortex of both the clubs. Can’t be too pleasant for him.
  • Hamstew said:

I'm down the road from it. Their fans are some of the most plastic you'll come across (not all).

Most of the season ticket holders I know, Brighton isn’t their first team.
    And that to me is reflected In The atmosphere at the ground.
  • Hi lives in Crawley so is likely caught up in the vortex of both the clubs. Can’t be too pleasant for him.

I am living the M23/A23 derby nightmare.
  • Hamstew said:

I'm down the road from it. Their fans are some of the most plastic you'll come across (not all).

Most of the season ticket holders I know, Brighton isn’t their first team.
    And that to me is reflected In The atmosphere at the ground.
    Same
  • I lived in bolney maybe I should have hated them both ?
  • I've lived in Norbury & East Grinstead so could have had allegiance to either but for a very long family tie to West Ham which of course makes me very thankful most of the time.
  • My ex worked at unijet you must follow me fortune lol 😂
  • Went on a stag weekend in Brighton about 25 years ago - almost fully recovered now.
    I think it was Brighton - mmm not 100% sure
  • Just heard the commentator at the Dortmund/City game saying City have a 2-1 lead which is a very nervy lead. He should have one of our 3-0’s then he’ll know what nervy really is.
  • Liverpool lose, Man City win.
    I'll take that
  • When Diop's goal got disallowed, which would have put us at 4-0, in my head i said that 's a shame as that would have given us a cushion. I used to consider a second goal a cushion. Not anymore.
  • edited April 2021
    I'm starting to think we're better off at 2-0 because at least we keep pushing!

(Though also think the problem might just be energy. You can't attack like that for so long. Maybe we need to refresh legs earlier in the game.)
  • It’s remarkable how we have made two pretty different approaches be effective in the same season

When Leicester won the league they pretty plated one way and no-one managed to find an answer.

For us, in the first half of the season (with some exceptions) we were set up as hard to break down and being pretty lethal especially from set pieces. It was very effective

Latterly though, we are getting our goals through attacking with pace, often on the counter attack. Defensively though (perhaps as a result of our style, perhaps due to the lack of Oggy) we are more shaky. In terms of wins and points though, it is still so far proving to be effective.
  • edited April 2021
    I actually think we might have even played three styles. From Christmas through to the end of Jan we were playing quite good football with the ball, probing at teams around the edge of their box. We then went more direct when Lingard came in and we lost Ogbonna.
  • I think we are just putting the ball in the net at a better rate than we were. How many times did we say we wasted great chances and with that the match?