Other matches Friday 9th - Thursday 15th

Comments

• Point is son grabbed the United player, which was a foul, & was then caught as he was basically pushed off. How do Man Utd then suffer for that?

Second time. In the home game Llamela got Martial sent off too.
  • Maybe any player who goes down holding his face or head should be made to go off as a concussion substitute.
    The touch by McTominay was the equivalent of a butterfly landing on his face but he went down as if he’d been glassed. I wish pundits/commentators would call them out as cheats instead of keep saying things like “if he hadn’t gone down the “foul” wouldn’t have been given and the goal would have stood”
    It was a deliberate act to get McTominay booked again and so off.
  • .......because it is cheating!
  • I heard earlier that OGS has said that the Tottenham players would look to get one of his side sent off & that appears to be what Son was trying to do with McTominay when he went down in the build up to the Man U goal which people are saying shouldn't have been disallowed?
  • I don't think it was a foul. McTominay was trying to fend Son off but caught him in the face, with the touch of the heaviest butterfly ever know, and Son went down. Fair enough. VAR once again got it wrong so what's new.
  • When Cavani was booked, he was annoyed when an upper body contact resulted in the Spurs defender going down holding his leg. No wonder Cavani was annoyed and tried to pick him up.
  • I may have to go and sit down in a darkened room all this supporting the Manchester United cause but it is v Tottenham.
  • Good old Fred.
  • Genuine question as I don’t know. I’ve started to notice that when pros take corners they almost all now place the ball on the very outside of the corner ‘quarter-circle’. Why is this, and does it make so much difference to a cross.
  • edited April 2021
    5 yellow cards, all Man U
  • Make that 6
  • That was a good goal.
  • Spurs need a VAR intervention against them to give them something to moan about.
  • Man Utd winning again after going behind. They don’t like scoring first.
  • I want ManU to play well for the rest of the season as that will give City second thoughts about playing second string teams. They will want to win the league and since they still play a good few of the other teams who are vying for 4th between them that would certainly help us.
  • edited April 2021
    I agree with earlier comments, upon review it was clear that Son was trying to grab the Utd player and was just being held off, no force or malice whatsoever, Ref should have concluded that it was a six of one and a half dozen of another type of interaction and let the goal stand.

Just my Tuppence worth
  • Normally I'd feel kinda dirty wanting Man Utd to win, but I can't abide cheating so more than happy to see Spurs lose (which, admittedly, I would have been anyway).
  • Comment on the bbc Spurs match thread:

“Totally agree Kane and Son deserve to be playing champions league football.....come to West Ham then”
  • Lol Spurs
  • Jose's such a whinger.
  • edited April 2021

Genuine question as I don’t know. I’ve started to notice that when pros take corners they almost all now place the ball on the very outside of the corner ‘quarter-circle’. Why is this, and does it make so much difference to a cross.

Some even place it not actually on the line because it only has to overshadow the line or something like that. I guess if you think about how little difference there might be between a goalkeepers glove or opposition’s head and getting a clean contact on the cross, then maybe having to swing the ball that little bit less does make a difference

But it’s definitely always felt weird to me that they’ll try to hard to place it like this.
  • Cavan I had a great game, his movement was superb and he kept going
  • must pop onto the fighting cock, no doubt filled with love and happiness at todays results :)
  • Nice to be so far ahead of the gunners ,You really dont care who wins that game =)
  • not happy with Kane and one even joked lend him to us for CL footie next year lol

• the best one, why would rice come to us lol
  • Great post match comment on the bbc from OGS on the Son/McTominay disallowed goal incident

“If that was my son and he stays down and he needs his mates to help him up, he doesn’t get food because that’s embarrassing”