Other matches Friday 9th - Thursday 15th

Comments

• A good weekend

3 points gained on Spurs, Villa & Leicester

Would have been really happy if Villa had held for a draw against Liverpool as that two point gain would have put a nice cushion between us.

If we can take three points from Newcastle then Chelsea will be the big one. Having taken the three points today we could feasibly still stay in the top four race with a draw as we have all winnable matches in May. If we are 4th or 5th after Chelsea I may start to believe it's possible. Hopefully Rice back for May also, and rested for a big finale.

What a season!

• With regard corners - a lot of pitches have very little space for a run up or there is a steep slope so I think the quadrant could be larger. At the London Stadium there is masses of space which may be part of the reason we have more goals from corners than most other teams
  • Dawcek is the main part of the reason obvs.
  • Be interesting to see how WBA do today. Was that win at Chelsea a one-off freak result or has it clicked for the final stretch.
  • I fancy West Brom to beat Southampton tonight. They have been playing some decent stuff recently but with the basic defensive errors thrown in.
  • Just hope Brighton beat Everton
  • West Brom goal disallowed by VAR, but the scorer looked inside to me!
  • How was that off? They didn’t even draw the squiggly dotted line.
  • Sam was just showing off. He thought he would get everyone going by letting West Brom sweat before rescuing them. 2-5 away victory at Chelsea and now beating Southampton for another three points.
  • According to BBC gossip section Mourinho is wanting Fellini. Oh my, if that is not a last throw of a dice on a managerial career I have no idea what is.
  • I think the source is The Sun, so ....
  • This West Brom mini-resurgence has come just in time for them to play Leicester next week.
    Excellent.
  • Me thinks it’s maybe to little to late for the baggies
  • Does it matter if they make life difficult for Leicester?
  • Doesn’t matter to me no
  • Everton have eight on the bench, including two keepers. Iwobi is the only outfield name I recognise.
  • Everton are weird

Feels like they've gone off the boil and yet they win their two games in hand they go ahead of Liverpool and only 2 points behind us

And yet don't see them as a threat, not just because I can see Brighton getting something tonight (Calvert Lewin is missing)
  • edited April 2021
    They started really well. Didn’t they win their first 5 or 6 games of the season? That’s why they’re still hanging in there.

They do feel like they’ve been rubbish for ages. One home win in 2021.
  • Brighton are tough to beat. Can see this being 1-1
  • Hate playing both those teams
  • Brighton’s collars 😩😩😩
  • Moyes at the Amex 👍🏻
  • I know I’m talking to myself, but what a dull game so far 🥱🥱🥱
  • Yawn!! Are they still playing? I've just woken up
  • Is moyes looking at players or the two teams we still have to play
  • Brighton must be the most boring side in the league
  • edited April 2021
    Why do we get stressed in all our games protecting leads, when Brighton and Everton fans get to sleep through their games?
  • No way Everton are finishing top 6. They are rubbish.
  • 21 shots 3 on target lol
  • Brighton look very good