Other Games 27th Feb - 4th March

Good to see Lee Mason keeping up his performance ratings. Shocking.

Comments

• I've posted on the wrong thread. Ref looks clueless
  • He definitely blew the whistle for the free kick to be taken. He then realised his mistake and blew again just as the ball was crossing the goal line!! He initially said no goal, then changed his mind and said goal, only for VAR to say no goal.
  • He looked totally lost ost when surrounded by both sets of players. Reminds me of the teacher at school who has to ref but who's hearts not in it because he doesn't know all the rules!
  • And some people still think Mike Dean is the bigger fool...No chance IMO, Lee Mason all day long for me takes it hands down.
  • But Dean listened to him twice recently and then had the reds rescinded.
  • IH if u are just considering 2 games, then not sure what to say, I'm talking about his career in general , Dean has been there done it and one of the top ref's, Mason does simply not fall into that category...........IMO
  • What worries me is these refs and var could cost us a top 4 finish =)
  • steve said:

What worries me is these refs and var could cost us a top 4 finish =)

Isn’t that a great problem for us to face though :-)
  • Isn't it great when the commentator and co-commentator do not know the laws of the game that they make a living from? Welbeck hits the penalty against the post and tries to hit the rebound in. The penalty taker cannot touch the ball until someone else has. They are still confused.
  • Stat nicked from the BBC:
    Brighton have had 66 shots in their last three games and scored once.

O.o
  • The mighty Urchins overcome Darlington 2-1 away to march into the FA Trophy semi final. Absolutely brilliant for a Step 3 team. They have only been allowed to play in this completion since mid December.

COYU
  • edited February 2021
    Just heard that myself!!!!! Urchins Urchins. I wanted to stream it but Darlington had it as pay per view on their website and it was only available in the UK, they underestimated to their cost the international appeal of the mighty Urchins :-)
  • Ironherb, are you local and able to attend matches? a couple of my best mates are regulars over there.
  • I am local, in Brentwood. I don't go as I follow West Ham home and away but was hoping to get to see them when they finally closed the stadium to fans.
  • "Luke Ayling now having to do some emergency hair maintenance to get his flowing locks under control. Snapped bobble. Modern footballer woes."
    :p
    :p
  • If only I could have 'snapped bobble' worries.  😢
  • That’s got to be Lee Mason done for the season
  • I've not watched much (any) Leeds this season and I'm struggling to see what the fuss is about tbh. Maybe it was just coming up against the mighty Villa that made them look bad ....
  • Leeds are not playing the way they were earlier in the season for sure. The hard press and speedy attacks seem to have disappeared.
  • IronHerb said:

Leeds are not playing the way they were earlier in the season for sure. The hard press and speedy attacks seem to have disappeared.

Yep, which is the same point Karen Carney made a while back. They run out of steam after a while
  • edited February 2021
    BBC showing Palace v Fulham live, 0-0 half time, 4 shots, none of target. Zzzzzzzz

Meanwhile Arsenal (nosebleed shirts) 2-1 up away at Leicester.

The bottom of the table is looking a bit more interesting, Fulham are creeping closer to Newcastle, Brighton and Burnley but its Southampton that caught my eye, They were 7th on 24 pts before Christmas, they're now 14th on 30pts and have lost seven of the last eight.

Dive, dive, dive!
  • Absolute dross are Palace. Have no idea how they get away with it every season.
  • edited February 2021
    Watching Leicester v Arsenal and I could distinctly hear the fake crowd singing "Bubbles"

Well done, BT Sport

Meanwhile Leicester are dropping like flies
  • Hamstew said:

Absolute dross are Palace. Have no idea how they get away with it every season.

I think we all know Ham.....The injured one....
  • Such an uninspiring, nothing side
  • They’re going to get a last minute winner though aren’t they
  • I fear that Spurs might run into a bit of form now the caddie is actually starting games. Luckily we’ve not got to play them again this season.
  • Luckily or shame as it’s always nice taking points of the spuds