Other Games 27th Feb - 4th March

Comments

• Included in Roy Hodgson’s post match comments following their draw at home to a side in the drop zone were the following words:

“I’m delighted”

😂😂
  • But this is a woeful Burnley team and performance.
  • Bale love fest in full flow again ..Feel a bit sick all of a sudden
  • Leicester lost which is good as it keeps them closer to us and with their injuries really mounting up they are the most likely to struggle in coming games.

I am not sure how I feel about Chelsea Vs Man Utd, I guess a draw would be best but maybe accept United are in form and definitely taking a top four spot so it may be better for Chelsea to drop points.

We do play Man Utd, Leicester and Chelsea so very much in our own hands. What sort of crazy crazy world do we live in now when those matches are six pointers for us at this time of year!
  • I want a Man U win personally. Yuk!
  • Watching Leicester v Arsenal and I could distinctly hear the fake crowd singing "Bubbles"

Well done, BT Sport

I'm sure I've heard come on you sp ..... sp ..... sp .... well another team anyway during our matches on BT. Probably only have one track for every game
  • Realistically, IMO, Chelsea are more likely to catch us than we are Utd. Therefore I want Unite...... sorry but I can't quite finish the sentence as it goes against my instinct!
  • edited February 2021
    Watched the NBC highlights of our City game and they showed Snodgrass in the graphical line up for us, come on NBC keep up.

As an aside going back to the Hornchurch game against Darlington, Hornchurch set up a fund to pay for the players to stay overnight and apparently David Gold stepped up with £500.00, small beer for him certainly but he wanted to support a local team and it was a nice gesture nonetheless
  • VAR calls ref over to the monitor to see if Chelsea have conceded a penalty for handball. ( VAR thought it was and so did I but not given ). Anyway, why he's looking at the screen he has 3 Chelsea players standing behind him watching and giving him grief. Totally out of order.
  • The ref should book all 3 of them.
  • He needs to get the decision right first, then book them.
  • I've just read that Glenn Roeder has past away. Sad. RIP
  • He never really recovered from that brain tumour. Very sad, only 65
  • See that Liverpool have named two keeper on the bench, both teenagers

I know they are missing players, but they aren't missing the most on the league

Their depth really is quite worrying....and it's not a surprise...Klopp has basically named the same XI plus and extra 3 or 4 for the past 3 years, lucky they haven't had any more injuries

Sheffield are already gone imo, so actually want them to win this...not that I think they will
  • Thomas Tuchel rivalling Klopp for most irritating manager after that interview and Ole not happy.... should have had Mike Dean reffing 🚵‍♂️
  • Good results for us this weekend so far (besides our loss obviously). Still in 4th. Only 5 points behind 2nd place.
  • It' s getting exciting at the top. If i try and look objectively I see it playing out as follows.

City win the title.

The next three champions league spaces are between the next 8 clubs currently in the table. I don't think Villa are going to manage a push for it despite their games in hand however.

I think United will maintain form and take a place
    I think Liverpool will recover form and take a place

This means the final champions League spot and probably two Europa spots between
    Leicester, West Ham, Chelsea, Everton and Spurs.

I think we will finish 6th and get into the Europa if City beat Spurs in the League cup.
  • Come on you Blades ...................NO what have i said
  • Steve, I have to agree mate, wierd isn't it!?
  • c&bsky, I really hope we do end up qualifying for Europe next season but it may need one of the top 5 winning the FA Cup if Manchester City beat Spurs. It gets complicated if one of our neighbours in north London were to win the Europa League!
  • I haven't looked at all possibilities Fortune, but I did know if City beat Spurs it opens up 6th. There is a lot of football played before we meet Leeds next and we could be in a really good position as among other games Chelsea play Liverpool and Everton and Utd play City.
  • edited February 2021
    c&bsky, if one or two teams above us at the end of the season, say Man City & Man U were to win the Cups then 7th gets us into Europe but if Spurs or the Arsenal win the Europa League then they would qualify for the Champions League and the 4th placed team world drop down to the new Europa League with the other two qualifiers. That is my understanding but it might have changed?
  • What was that again =)
  • c&bsky, if one or two teams above us at the end of the season, say Man City & Man U were to win the Cups then 7th gets us into Europe but if Spurs or the Arsenal win the Europa League then they would qualify for the Champions League and the 4th placed team world drop down to the new Europa League with the other two qualifiers. That is my understanding but it might have changed?

The latest I read was it a non-top four team wins the Europa, five teams qualify for the Champions League.
  • I am dreaming of fourth as I am sure we all are, but realistically I suspect 6th is about achievable and that would be amazing as I was not hopeful at the beginning and would have considered 12th a great season and expected 16th.
  • Lukerz, I think you are right but I am going to wait until later in the season until we might actually look to be qualifying before I investigate how it can go wrong as that would be the West Ham of old. 😀
  • I am dreaming of fourth as I am sure we all are, but realistically I suspect 6th is about achievable and that would be amazing as I was not hopeful at the beginning and would have considered 12th a great season and expected 16th.

Glad you stopped there c&b. Any more and you would have had us relegated. 😂
  • After watching another so called top 6 match up provide zero goals, am starting to get really irritated by Bruno Fernandes, he's a whinge bag deluxe, I'm sure if he played for a lesser team he'd be in trouble a lot more, the dissent he gives in nearly every match is nothing short of abuse IMO.