Other Games 27th Feb - 4th March

124»

Comments

• edited March 2021
    I expected Villa & United to win tonight for sure

Fulham & Baggies tomorrow
  • From the bbc text comms

“Richard: If a genie gave me three wishes, the first would be that United stop playing out from the back. It just puts us in so much trouble, so often“

And then a little later at half time from the guys writing the comms:

“You know all that talk about genie wishes earlier on. I'd actually use my first genie wish to just fast forward to the final whistle at 22:10ish“

• It's nice feeling smug when our Champions league rivals drop points. Much better than feeling relieved when our relegation rivals drop points.. =)
  • With the way the results went last night, if Liverpool.draw 0-0 with Chelsea, then surely it is ordained that we are destined to finish in the top four........Nurse !!
  • Hells Bells, Hoddle calling out "Harry the captain of England" suggesting a dive.
    How can this be ............................. Kane, a diver, I need my meds NOW!!!!
  • How has that been disallowed that goal by Fulham?
  • Everton winning and we're down to 5th.

Boooooooooo
  • The rules are ridiculous, his arm was not in an unnatural position, ball kicked at it - but if the ball touches the arm, accidental or otherwise, and it leads (immediately, I presume) to a goal, the goal is ruled out. Ridiculous. >:)
  • Everton winning and we're down to 5th.

Boooooooooo

Come on you Baggies =)
  • edited March 2021
    Lukerz said:

How has that been disallowed that goal by Fulham?

This handball rule needs to go. 100% accidental. What more could Lemina do? Honestly, decisions like that are slowly killing the game, IMO.
  • edited March 2021
    I know what you mean, but for ages people have been asking for clarity and to have the 'opinion' aspect removed from the handball rule.

There was a lot of pressure for this kind of thing - that's why the rule was changed so that any goal coming after any handball was disallowed.

I foresee a circle where the rule is returned to the 'judge if its deliberate' category.. controversy ... calls for clarity ... and repeat.

Fwiw, imo, it was a mistake to bow to pressure in the first place - the element of 'intent' (and the unknowability of such, until we have mind-reading technology) should have been retained and we'd have just had to live with it.

I think the handball rule should be the same all over the pitch.

Same as the foul rule. (if only!! 'not enough for me' Glen)
  • Cool I.D picture Mrs G
  • Lukerz said:

How has that been disallowed that goal by Fulham?

This handball rule needs to go. 100% accidental. What more could Lemina do? Honestly, decisions like that are slowly killing the game, IMO.
    Amputate? =)
  • Whatever happens in the Liverpool game will will go down to 6th.
  • edited March 2021

Whatever happens in the Liverpool game will will go down to 6th.

To be fair, all the teams below us play THREE times before we next play a match.
  • Whatever happens in the Liverpool game will will go down to 6th.

#MoyesOut
  • How do you work that out Luke.
  • Also, not too much damage to goal differences considering our last game was Man City.
  • yoyo said:

Cool I.D picture Mrs G

I stole it :-)
  • How do you work that out Luke.

Spurs will have played Burnley, Fulham, Palace before our game

Everton will have played Saints, WBA

Liverpool will have played Sheff Utd, Chelsea, Fulham

Villa will have played Leeds, Sheff Utd, Wolves
  • Looking at how West Brom and Fulham caused Everton and Spurs problems I can't see them winning more games than us in the run in. I reckon we will finish above both of them.
    Actually I expect us to finish somewhere between 2nd (if all results go our way) and 6th (if results go against us).
  • Hadn’t realised you were counting last weekends games too.
  • edited March 2021
    It really is in our own hands as we play all those around us and have the advantage of home venue in three of the matches.

We play Chelsea, Leicester, Everton at Home Man Utd away.

Matches between each other for Euro places.

United play City, Spurs, Liverpool West Ham & Leicester
    Leicester play City, Spurs, Man Utd, West Ham & Chelsea
    Everton play Chelsea, City, West Ham & Spurs
    Liverpool play Chelsea, Manu Utd
    Chelsea Play... Liverpool, Everton, City, West Ham & Leicester
    Spurs play Man Utd, Everton & Leicester

Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea also have Euro matches.
  • Chelsea 1-0 up at Anfield

Fnarrr
  • edited March 2021

The rules are ridiculous, his arm was not in an unnatural position, ball kicked at it - but if the ball touches the arm, accidental or otherwise, and it leads (immediately, I presume) to a goal, the goal is ruled out. Ridiculous. >:)

I haven't really got a huge problem with this (despite the fact that it's cost us a couple of goals). A defender shouldn't be penalised if there was nothing he could do; attackers would just be aiming at arms rather than the goal otherwise. However, it feels wrong to me for an attacker to gain an advantage from a handball, even if it's unintentional.

One big advantage is that it's easier to have a degree of consistency in interpretation as it is, rather than letting on-field officials act against us,which they invariably do whenever they have a chance; the less they're allowed to interpret things the better imo, as they always find a way to interpret things differently for us than they do for our opposition.
  • edited March 2021
    Urchins beat Notts County on pens to reach FA trophy final, come on you U's Hornchurch ftw
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56552480
  • Hereford v Hornchurch at Wembley, 22 May. Hope they allow fans in

Congrats, whupathman, chuffed for you
  • edited March 2021
    Fans will be allowed in but the number hasn't been announced. The FA trophy and FA Vase finals are played at Wembley on the same day.