Stockport (A) - FA Cup - 8pm 11/01

The Danny Whitehead derby (Yes, I cheated).

If I were called Jorderdici I'd be starting match threads on a top four forum.

Comments

• Oh Jesus. Here goes Snorederz and his match threads.
  • The Billy Brown Derby.

U wot m8? Of course I didn't google it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Brown_(footballer,_born_1900)
  • Hamstew said:

Oh Jesus. Here goes Snorederz and his match threads.

Just think though, if he prevails in this game he will be presiding over Burnley after that
  • Ok, so, I want a cup run about real loads. I also want some key players to be rested. So I guess I’d like to see something like:

Randolph; Dawson Balbuena Diop Johnson; Noble Coventry; Yarmolenko Lanzini Benrahma; Antonio
  • Randolph
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Johnson
    Noble - Rice
    Yarmolenko - Benrahma - Lanzini
    Antonio
  • edited January 2021
    I didn’t include Fredericks because he is isolating today and wasn’t two days ago, so presumably his two weeks will include this game? Idk how it works though really

Also, Rice needs a rest, surely. He’s played every league minute and that’s not going to change anytime soon. He needs a rest if he can get one.
  • I just look at Rice as invincible.

Think isolation period is 10 days, so that would make him available for this as it is a week Monday.
  • Lukerz said:

Randolph
    Noble - Rice
    Yarmolenko - Benrahma - Lanzini
    Antonio

Benhrama on left and Lanzini central is more effective I believe.
  • Put Johnson at RB and give Longelo another match. I’d also like to rest Rice and/or Soucek, so maybe Snodgrass/Noble and one from the U23? Also bench for Antonio for U23 striker, or leave Haller to try to help him and Behrama get on the same wavelength.
  • Just remembered we signed Alves too. I wonder if he’ll get a run out
  • This is definitely the Iain Dowie Derby btw
  • Thanks for the heads up!
  • play haller he needs goals to get him going and he can score vs lower level players
  • Randolph
    Johnson - Balbuena - Diop - Ashby
    Coventry - Snodgrass
    Yarmolenko - Benrahma - Antonio
    Haller
  • Is Ashby back from injury?

play haller he needs goals to get him going and he can score vs lower level players

I’d rather Antonio got more minutes under his belt and got closer to full fitness, tbh. Our season will be far more impacted by Antonio getting back to his best than by Haller
  • Yarmo as the false 9
  • edited January 2021
    I don't think Haller's confidence is going to be helped by scoring against a Conference side, a bit like shooting fish in a barrel and with Antonio not fully fit I doubt if Moyes will want to risk Haller getting injured

Moyes being Moyes he's only going to give Antonio 45 minutes maximum

Who goes in goal depends on how bad Fab's injury is, if he's going to recover for Burnley then Randolph, if its going to be longer then Martin should be good enough for Stockport.

Fredericks should be out of self isolation (10 days) and even Noble should be able to keep up so he gets the armband.
  • I think Randolph should play regardless of the length of Fab’s injury. He’s naturally going to be rusty, and getting some minutes is a good thing.
  • He looked sharp enough yesterday (apart from the goal kicks)
  • He looked sharp enough yesterday (apart from the goal kicks)

Yeah he was fine yesterday, but I just think it’s better to give him some game time
  • What was up with that goal kicks? I thought he had a knock but seemed like he just couldn’t kick it properly.
  • Lukerz said:

What was up with that goal kicks? I thought he had a knock but seemed like he just couldn’t kick it properly.

Was weird. But then I'm the second half he seemed ok. Maybe it was his footwear.
  • He did slip a couple of times when taking goal kick so maybe it was footwear
  • I bet Ian Dowie’s really looking forward to the t. v. coverage of this one.
  • Fabianski is back in training, it was a thigh problem and he's expected back for Burnley

Pretty sure that means Randolph in goal with Martin on the bench
  • IronHerb said:

Randolph
    Coventry - Snodgrass
    Haller

Ahem,

Looks like I need to make a few changes required here.

Randolph
    Noble - Coventry
    Odubeko
  • IronHerb said:

Randolph
    Coventry - Snodgrass
    Haller

Yes, this post hasn’t aged terribly well 😂
  • I agree id like to see odubeko....even if I don't know how fit he is after a long layoff
  • edited January 2021
    IronHerb said:

IronHerb said:

Randolph
    Coventry - Snodgrass
    Haller

Ahem,

Looks like I need to make a few changes required here.

Randolph
    Noble - Coventry
    Odubeko
    Coventry's injured, so it's looking like Rice or Soucek will have to play. Pretty sure Fredericks has been ruled out because of the self-isolation rule, so I guess it's Coufal or Johnson at right back (depending on whether Cresswell is rested), and Odubeko hasn't played for months so I'd be surprised if Moyes started him.

Have the U23s even started training again after the Covid outbreak? 🤔 Can we even use any of them if we wanted to?
  • edited January 2021
    The U23s first game after the break is Chelsea Friday next week so I guess they must be back in training.