Stockport (A) - FA Cup - 8pm 11/01

Comments

• alderz said:

He’s had a few shaky moments in his first few games, which I think is to be expected. But, like a Jorderz match thread, he’s been very dependable

I was going to say that Dawson & a Jordan match thread means we don't concede, but because there were a few minutes left I decided not to chance it.
  • OMG. Stopped watching after first half and just tuned back in. One goal?! Scored by the defender nobody wanted?! Embarrassing.
  • Wise decision
  • Well, as bad as we were, we won. And over the last few seasons we probably wouldn't have done.

Rest up lads, because you'll have to be much, much better on Saturday.
  • Well that was hard work
  • Banana skin avoided.
  • I really think the conditions made a big difference there. The problem was not going more direct earlier.
  • Craig Dawson going through the post-match interview clichés at some rate. Just called Stockport a "great team", which I think is pushing it a bit.
  • Cant really say to much about how we played in the conditions .so take the win and move on
  • That pitch brought back memories of the Baseball Ground from the seventies
  • Poor game but glad we are through and home to Doncaster, Lanzini, Antonio, Yarmolenko and Benrahma were poor. Antonio hardly had any service.
  • happy happy joy joy, dug in and found a way to win
  • get that Burney thread open and keep the run going :)
  • Conditions were shocking, we a slight better... Still not convinced with Benrahma tbh....
    But we won....so...👍🏻
  • The win was the main thing. The only other positive is no injuries. Not many stand out performances
  • Benhrama and Yarmi poor.
    Antonio not anywhere near match fit.
    Coufal looked like he was running through treacle at times.
    Dawson was solid and glad he got a goal, but again went down with a problem in the first half that seems unusual/inexplicable.
    At least we won.
  • Pengeman said:

Poor game but glad we are through and home to Doncaster, Lanzini, Antonio, Yarmolenko and Benrahma were poor. Antonio hardly had any service.

I know another striker who hardly had any service, he ain’t here now
  • edited January 2021
    That was getting worrying near then end. Tough game in awful conditions against a team who were camped in there own box (understandably). Benrahma really struggled but Yarma really is a terrible player imo.
    Was obviously gonna be a messy game if Jorderz did the thread.
  • Considering the opposition, I thought Yarmolenko, Benrahma and Lanzini were poor. Yes, conditions were bad, but Rice still found a way to impress. With such a thin squad, we can't afford to have passengers.
  • Hope we get a new striker in for Saturday otherwise Burnley will be laughing & BFS won’t be losing any sleep.
  • Cuz1 said:

Pengeman said:

Poor game but glad we are through and home to Doncaster, Lanzini, Antonio, Yarmolenko and Benrahma were poor. Antonio hardly had any service.

But Cuz it was his fault for not making things happen ;)
  • Did we win?
    I’ve just woken up from a Paul Scoles induced coma. Jeez that man’s voice could send Bez on speed to sleep.

Tough old game, I thought Stockport defended really well so glad we got out with the win.
  • MIAHammer said:

Cuz1 said:

Pengeman said:

Was hallers fault for not making things happen, but not Antonios for the same reason, no wonder haller never stood a chance with some of you
  • I wouldn't be upset if Yarmo doesn't play for us again. Benrahma must be in shock. To think last season he had Eze and Watkins buzzing around him making space and giving him passing options. Not sure what Moyes said at half time but I expected us to come out firing but we kicked off back into our half and it took 12 passes before we got the ball into their half. Rice was comfortably MOTM.
    Still, not easy conditions and we won. Bring on Doncaster.

COYI
  • MIA, very few players can make things happen without the support of their team mates. Even Messi or Ronaldo can’t carry a side on their own.
  • Going by his record, Dawson ins’t due another FA Cup goal until the 2030’s.

From BBC - West Ham’s Craig Dawson scored his first FA Cup goal since netting for Rochdale versus FC United of Manchester in November 2010, 10 years and 67 days ago - indeed, all three of his FA Cup goals have come in different decades (2000's, 2010's & 2020's). Towering.

• MIA, very few players can make things happen without the support of their team mates. Even Messi or Ronaldo can’t carry a side on their own.

I think you'll find that they can actually.
  • And another thing. How does Mike Dean get away with wearing a Stockport County goalkeepers jersey?
  • Cuz1 said:

MIAHammer said:

Cuz1 said:

Pengeman said:

Was hallers fault for not making things happen, but not Antonios for the same reason, no wonder haller never stood a chance with some of you
    That was my point!

I was making the point that whenever someone pointed out that Haller didn’t get the service, it was suggested that he should do something about it.
    IronHerb said:

MIA, very few players can make things happen without the support of their team mates. Even Messi or Ronaldo can’t carry a side on their own.

I think you'll find that they can actually.
    But probably none of them are going to come and play for us.