Stockport (A) - FA Cup - 8pm 11/01

1234568Β»

Comments

• IronHerb said:

I wouldn't be upset if Yarmo doesn't play for us again. Benrahma must be in shock. To think last season he had Eze and Watkins buzzing around him making space and giving him passing options. Not sure what Moyes said at half time but I expected us to come out firing but we kicked off back into our half and it took 12 passes before we got the ball into their half. Rice was comfortably MOTM.
    Still, not easy conditions and we won. Bring on Doncaster.

COYI

I think Benrahma would be even more
    Shocked to have had eze buzzing around him given he was playing for qpr πŸ˜‚
  • πŸ‘ MIA misread it sorry my friend
  • Benhrama and Yarmi poor.
    Antonio not anywhere near match fit.
    Coufal looked like he was running through treacle at times.
    Dawson was solid and glad he got a goal, but again went down with a problem in the first half that seems unusual/inexplicable.
    At least we won.

Coufal pretty much was, tbh. Did you see the pitch?
  • We've looked pretty solid and organised lately. It was an uninspiring game. It happens and we were due one. No big deal as long as it was a one off. I just hope it was
  • IronHerb said:

I wouldn't be upset if Yarmo doesn't play for us again. Benrahma must be in shock. To think last season he had Eze and Watkins buzzing around him making space and giving him passing options. Not sure what Moyes said at half time but I expected us to come out firing but we kicked off back into our half and it took 12 passes before we got the ball into their half. Rice was comfortably MOTM.

COYI

Good social distancing then
  • IronHerb said:

COYI

Good point well made. πŸ˜‚
  • yoyo said:

We've looked pretty solid and organised lately. It was an uninspiring game. It happens and we were due one. No big deal as long as it was a one off. I just hope it was

A one off......West Ham.......if only! πŸ˜‚
  • IronHerb said:

IronHerb said:

COYI

Good point well made. πŸ˜‚
    I think it’s probably the first slight factual faux pas I have seen from you.

Such instances are almost as rare as an entertaining passage of play in a Jorderz match thread πŸ˜‚
  • This really was the peak of Jorderz match threads. Rubbish football made worse by playing in a swamp
  • What must Diop be thinking - we are yet to concede in a game Dawson has played in and to top it off he ends up being the match winner. He is truly the reverse of Quashie
  • I bet as soon as we lose a game both Dawson and Jorderz disappear forever
  • Well one of them might =)
  • Enough of this slagging off our most successful player in years....COYJorderz for the next match thread!! =)
  • Is this a record? Mike Dean not booking anyone?!?
  • Pub quiz question?
  • I thought Stockport were very well organised and worked hard . Reminded me of a Sunday League match with the pitch getting worse and worse during the game. Not a good performance but we won and its one of the games we would have forgotten about in a few months time (with luck lol)
  • A hard game, but we won. West Ham players spend all week training on near perfect surfaces practicing quick passing and clever little round the corner moves, which you have to do to compete with top premiership players. None of that worked on that pitch against a well organised side sitting deep. It's hard to change the style of play you practice all week in 90 minutes, but they found a way to win a difficult game. Well done, now forget that and get back to premiership football on a good pitch.
  • Considering the opposition, I thought Yarmolenko, Benrahma and Lanzini were poor. Yes, conditions were bad, but Rice still found a way to impress. With such a thin squad, we can't afford to have passengers.

Conditions were ideal for Rice, that’s how it’s grown.

• Considering the opposition, I thought Yarmolenko, Benrahma and Lanzini were poor. Yes, conditions were bad, but Rice still found a way to impress. With such a thin squad, we can't afford to have passengers.

Conditions were ideal for Rice, that’s how it’s grown.

He won't enjoy Stamford Bridge then.
  • Apparently I didn't miss much