Stockport (A) - FA Cup - 8pm 11/01

Comments

• It's all very sideways. No-one is really running in behind, which makes it easy for any defence.
  • These games are always very attritional. Almost never pretty.

We just need to win it one way or another.

A perfect synopsis for every one of your match threads 😂
  • It's all very sideways. No-one is really running in behind, which makes it easy for any defence.

Don’t know if there is any space behind!
  • These games are always very attritional. Almost never pretty.

We just need to win it one way or another.

A perfect synopsis for every one of your match threads 😂
    Say what you like, but I don't even know what losing feels like.

I am invincible and fantastic.
  • Terrible pitch. Aren't we lucky none of our players get injured easily,🤕 👎
  • Will turn it off if I hear moyes name mentioned ref Everton again, remind me what he won with them again

Don’t know if there is any space behind!
    Good teams will make it. But Antonio's wearing concrete boots and isn't dragging his centre back anywhere, and Benrahma keeps coming inside and further narrowing the pitch.

I think the goal will come, but only when Soucek's on the pitch.
  • He won games, Cuz because that is what he does
  • Lol 😂 😂
  • Yarmo and Benrahma need to be prepared to release the ball quicker. They both take too many touches missing playing their colleagues in and slowing the pace of attacks.
  • Fireworks on 15 minutes to remember a 15year old badly injured after being run over.
  • edited January 2021
    I actually think Benrahma is doing the right thing, though needs to do it faster. Trying to pass it about isn’t working. Committing players by taking them on might pull them out of shape.
  • Painful. Yarmalenko is actually awful
  • Plus Benrahma hasn't got an outlet to his left. No overlapping from Johnson.
  • Not much of a game. WHU slow, ponderous, punchless. no penetration, too may side/back passes. Hope we don't fall for the sucker punch.
  • Moyes needs to earn his money here
  • We do always seem to revert to sideways football when Noble plays
  • I've got Dean Ashton on comms.
  • We'll thrash them.... on penalties
  • This pitch is turning into a bog
  • alderz said:

This pitch is turning into a bog

Ball holding up now. Wouldn't surprise me to see this abandoned.
  • Yarmolenko has been awful
  • Starting to remind me of that Switzerland and Turkey match in the Euros. That was entertaining though
  • Bring Odubeko on for Yarmolenko or Lanzini and start crossing it.
  • Bring Odubeko on for Yarmolenko or Lanzini and start crossing it.

Yarmo. Definitely Yarmo.
  • Rice starting to just run whenever he gets the ball now, which is making things happen
  • Sideways, backways, sideways, backways. Just no clue how to break teams down. And this isn't a stubborn Championship side we're up against; they're non-league. We really need to be better.
  • I’d be tempted to get Bowen and Holland on to run at them and try to shoot. Yarmo & Lanzini have been wasteful with the ball so far. Antonio looks out of sorts too
  • And extra time is the last thing we need with such a thin squad.
  • edited January 2021
    I hope it doesn't go to extra time, simply because I couldn't stand another half an hour of this . Bowen has to come on