Injury and Recovery News 2020/21

Comments

• A cross-over Injury news + kids thread. Do we have one for this season?
  • We’ve had so few injuries that we haven’t needed one.

Maybe us having an injury thread was the reason we were getting so many injuries.

Nice going, Mrs G.
  • edited December 2020
    Arthur has undergone surgery so will now be out for a while.
    https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=135125
  • Looks like either Benrahma is coming in as a Wing back or we going to a back 4 ?
  • He took that down apparently.

Very weird to do it now, if he's been having this problem for a while. Unless it's flared up recently.
  • Why would Moyes not announce that today?
  • So that's two key payers that are now out for a while with no suitable back up.

So frustrating when every West Ham player could see what the board and manager refused to.

And because of it we're likely to have to change formation and have Cresswell at left back, where he's struggled for years.
  • edited December 2020

He took that down apparently.

Very weird to do it now, if he's been having this problem for a while. Unless it's flared up recently.

He's had the pain for two years according to his Instagram account

And because of it we're likely to have to change formation and have Cresswell at left back, where he's struggled for years.

I don't think we've tried Cresswell as a LWB with a back three, maybe bring in Diop and stick with the formation
  • 3-2 away win.

COYI
  • Have you been on the vino IronHerb.
  • I have just had a glass of red after work
  • Not yet Hammerex, but I will imbibe whilst watching the game. 🍷🍷🍷
  • Anybody seen anything on Arthur’s expected recovery time? Is it expected to be season ending?

Find it very odd that nothing official has come from the club. Normally we get a statement on the website with some detail on his injury, he has had successful surgery & well wishes.

Just seems a bit odd. Even Moyes has barely mentioned it.
  • Not sure mate originally I thought I heard about 3 months but as you say seems to have gone a bit quiet
  • edited December 2020
    Cuz 👍 just find it strange.

I wonder if Arthur did it without consulting the club & they are a bit wound up? Speculating only. I remember he stuck it in his Instagram account & the swiftly took it down.
  • Yes must admit I thought that originally but surely the club would know he’d been playing with said knee injury
  • edited December 2020
    I suspect if he underwent surgery or any other medical procedure without consulting the club they could stop his wages.

More likely they know its going to be a long one but are hoping he might recover earlier than expected.
  • I thought the post that was taken down was because it was just before match day and nothing had been announced officially, so it was sort of leaking team news?

Of course, once it's been posted taking it down again doesn't really serve any purpose.

Maybe the club have a social media policy.

I think that's more likely than a player can somehow have surgery without anyone at the club knowing.
  • Lukerz said:

Anybody seen anything on Arthur’s expected recovery time? Is it expected to be season ending?

Find it very odd that nothing official has come from the club. Normally we get a statement on the website with some detail on his injury, he has had successful surgery & well wishes.

Just seems a bit odd. Even Moyes has barely mentioned it.

2-3 months i read somewhere i remember. Probably back in March ?
  • edited December 2020
    A quick google shows that early rumours were that he could be back for the Everton game. (Sean Whetstone)

But ExWHU says it could be much longer.

It was widely described as 'minor keyhole surgery'.
  • MrsGrey said:

It was widely described as 'minor keyhole surgery'.

Well, these locksmiths charge a fortune plus call out

Coat please, the black mac on the end hook
  • C&H reckon that Masuaku won't be back until mid-April, possibly Leicester (H) on 10th (subject to TV alterations)

https://www.claretandhugh.info/potential-return-date-for-masuaku/
  • Ex on West Ham Way podcast says

"Ogbonna has had a setback in his return. He’s out of his protective boot now, the original prognosis was four weeks, but that’s been extended by pretty much double that. Unfortunately he seems to be a little bit further away, but hopefully we’ll see him before the end of the season.”
  • edited March 2021
    Unfortunately will rule him out of Hammer of the Year, which I think leaves it between Souček & Cresswell for now, maybe Coufal too.
  • Not Coufal, but surely Dec has to be in with a shout?
  • For me, HOTY goes: Soucek, Rice, Cresswell
  • For me HOTY goes rice end of
  • HOTY should go to the entire team. I find it difficult to single out anyone specific this year. They are all great.