Newcastle at Home

Comments

• Looks like i will be drinking a lot tonight .......And all season me thinks
  • Hamstew said:

Sad sad state of affairs. How can anyone be positive about anything regarding this team

nope
  • That was horrendous
  • Yet another first day loss. Business as usual has been resumed.
  • How many goals do we let in from the LB’s area?
  • Hamstew said:

Sad sad state of affairs. How can anyone be positive about anything regarding this team

I'm positive that this has reinforced my view that I have more important things in my life to spend 90 mins on then ever watching this shower of a team play.
  • but they have tried to sign someone by the end of October, shame we could be at the bottom by then, being tight does not cut it
  • edited September 2020
    Sooner the season ends the better

Just shows that there is more to life than football, & for a time I foolishly didn’t think there was
  • you know its bad when Ashley makes the broad look bad
  • 94th minute and we finally get a shot on target.
  • edited September 2020
    Hamstew said:

I’m sure a few on here might just!!!
    But really we are a championship team with an average manager and owners who can’t/ won’t compete... Its so sad for me to say I don’t care so much anymore... life’s too short..there IMO are far deeper problems than just the team, the club’s rotten IMO
  • How many goals do we let in from the LB’s area?

And everyone knows it

Hell even my mates who are neutrals know that cresswell is awful
  • Fans:- We need a new left back
    Moyes:- First a new centre back.
    Board:- First let's just sell players
  • Noble and Rice are the heartbeat of our team. Both look thoroughly downbeat. We are deep, in trouble.
  • Moojor said:

Hamstew said:

I'm positive that this has reinforced my view that I have more important things in my life to spend 90 mins on then ever watching this shower of a team play.
    So see you next week then....
  • Also, we need a new keeper.

Fab is just not the same anymore.

Add that to the list.
  • Its almost as if the players didn't want to sell Diangana.....

Absolute shambles
  • edited September 2020
    To be fair, the players moping about cos a kid has been sold...seriously?

If there is any semblance of truth to that, they really need to get a grip.

It’s like a company crumbling cos an apprentice has taken another job.
  • Imagine having a player with some energy and enthusiasm to make things happen?
  • You can guarantee that Outcast?
  • Lukerz said:

Also, we need a new keeper.

Fab is just not the same anymore.

Add that to the list.

Nope, post-injury he's not been the same. But is Randolph any better? David Martin certainly isn't. And after that it's two untried kids. Again, the recruitment in this position has been poor.

Bowen looked a shadow of the player we signed. Rice was well off it, but still comfortably our best player, and the least said about Cresswell the better. He's been regressing for about 4 seasons now and he still gets in ahead of Masuaku. How bad must Arthur be?!
  • Not much to cheer about though the possession stats deceive. Left-back asleep for both Newcastle goals. The team lacked intensity and did not looked dangerous. Now where are those cardiac tablets.
  • Lukerz said:

It's deeper than that
  • Oggy our MOTM for me.
  • IronHerb said:

Oggy our MOTM for me.

Agreed
  • Don't hold your breath that new players will be forthcoming even though it is obvious where we need them, because according to the Baroness in her Sun column we are skint! Other teams seem to have found money to get new additions in but we haven't got any. Several players have moved on free transfers so far this window but we must have been asleep.
  • Don't hold your breath that new players will be forthcoming even though it is obvious where we need them, because according to the Baroness in her Sun column we are skint! Other teams seem to have found money to get new additions in but we haven't got any. Several players have moved on free transfers so far this window but we must have been asleep.

its paying off the cost of building the new stadium , not
  • Lukerz said:

Luke, come on, you know it's more than that. Yes, he was popular, but think about the message it sends. And the players may have bought into Moyes' 'Red Bull Model', but our first bit of business was to sell the one player that actually fitted that model.

And maybe, like the fans, they expected some level of investment given where we finished last season and how we struggled for two-thirds of it. Maybe they've seen their rivals strengthening whilst their bosses plead poverty.

This club is a shambolic mess, and I've no doubt whatsoever that that affects the players.
  • I don’t care who was our MOM when we lose 2-0 at home against an average team and if people think it was Ogbonna it’s worrying and probably true... we never looked like scoring that’s the biggest problem IMO
  • But that's like turkeys voting for Christmas.