Newcastle at Home

Comments

• Well as usual West Ham have gone back to being clueless after a few signs of improvement . Only people to blame are Gold , Sullivan and Brady. The way they are gradually destroying this club is horrible. Selling Diangana was a pathetic stupid mistake and it has destroyed any team spirit that there was . To be in a relegation battle already is truly unbelievable but I cannot see any team that we will be able to beat with that side . Unless they don’t bother to turn up. If Rice does go which could be very possible after what has happened the last couple of weeks we will be lucky not to finish rock bottom
  • Moyes moaning after match ... miles off last seasons finishing performances ,moaning about the officiating.... Not encouraging
  • He wins games, thats what he does
  • Well, Carroll would have been sent off for the challenge on Fredericks if he was playing for us.
  • No idea where we go from here.
    Moyes has his work cut out.
  • IronHerb said:

Well, Carroll would have been sent off for the challenge on Fredericks if he was playing for us.

Atwell at best is a mediocre ref, but if u really believe that then Imo you are clutching at straws
  • edited September 2020

No idea where we go from here.

Throw money at the problem like we are expected to do?

• looking at 7th November for first points

Board needs to invest,, intact I don’t care
    I hope we lose the next matches, then there do something
  • yoyo said:

He wins games, thats what he does

Oh.....I’d forgotten about that.....we’ll be fine this season (not)
  • Lukerz said:

Sooner the season ends the better

Just shows that there is more to life than football, & for a time I foolishly didn’t think there was

Agree Luke.
    I was sickened to read today in the Daily Mail that the PL have written to HM Government urging them to open stadiums to fans......er sorry have they totally ignored Covid infection rates doubling in a week? Yes Clubs are losing money, however their attitude is let people get ill and die so long as we’re making money......
    Premier League stinks, end of.
  • I went to a wedding today. Sounds like it was a much better choice
  • Lukerz said:

Sooner the season ends the better

Just shows that there is more to life than football, & for a time I foolishly didn’t think there was

Yep, wise words Lukerz.
  • Missed the match as it was rearranged at such short notice, but, by the sounds of it, I didn't miss much.

Gutted but not surprised, not only do the board set the bar at "avoiding relegation", but they're truly out of touch with current standards; only a purple patch by Antonio post-lockdown kept us up last season.

If reports are even halfway close to being true, they bought us for c £100m, and now want £8-900m; and yet still need to charge interest on money they lend us, mostly through their own ineptitude and reliance on transfers and loans recommended by a select few "close" friend agents.

To think they sold our home for this.
  • And to add salt to the wound, how often did Andy Agent Carroll start and play 88mins before being subbed for us.

• The whole club is poisoned to the core

I just hope by the time 2021 comes we are no lower than the championship
  • On a positive note, at least there are early signs that we have addressed our problem of failing to hold onto a lead.
  • edited September 2020
    we have one striker on the books and a midfielder with a good run last season as the preferred option. no wonder we are in trouble.
  • edited September 2020
    It was massively disappointing, & I can’t say I was buzzing for the game like I usually am at the start of a season.

But it was a drab game. I have heard so many people say ‘only 3 shots on target from West Ham’. Well Newcastle only had 2. Results skew the feeling in any game. Had that ended 0-0, nobody would have said it was an unfair result. The game was decided on a poor bit of goalkeeping/arguably a foul. That was it.

There was nothing really in it. Newcastle were the slightly sharper I would say, but it was a typical first day of the season game. Lacked a lot of energy.

But it is clear to everybody that we need signings & if the owners can’t afford to fund the club going forwards, they need to think about selling.
  • IronHerb said:

Well, Carroll would have been sent off for the challenge on Fredericks if he was playing for us.

Atwell at best is a mediocre ref, but if u really believe that then Imo you are clutching at straws
    Clutching at straws? What you on about?
  • IronHerb said:

IronHerb said:

IH, I'm on about your statement that Carrol would have been sent off if he was playing for us......Simply cannot agree, that's it.

On another note anyone else feel that Fornals simply does not offer enough to warrant starting?..Just feel he might work a bit, but that's all he offers us...
  • I think Fornals and others will lift their game if we get 2 or 3 decent signings. the team need movement and energy; we have got a tough season ahed
  • edited September 2020
    Watched the game with my old man. It was tragic.

Fabianski thought was okay, but allowing Wilson to get his foot in front of you from Hendricks flick on, flatten Wilson if you have to get your hand on it, MAN UP ?

The Back 4, Cresswell and Fredericks passing and crossing is a liability not even league one standard, can chuck defending in that bracket too. Diop and Ogbonna caught out a few times. All 4 of them passing it between them for 12 - 15 passes before lumping it or giving it to Noble whom would pass to a Newcastle player.

Midfield 3, Rice didn't look an 80m player couldn't pick a pass. Noble might as well have worn the barcodes shirt, but at least he came deep to collect the ball before giving it to them. Soucek didn't really have an effect.

Front 3, Antonio isolated (read comments when Haller plays up top solo, when Carroll played up top solo, when Hernandez played up top solo.....and on and on and on *insert any striker* as far back as when GSB bought the club)
    Bowen skill already gone, never ever ever once took on the fullback literally passed it back to the fullback and devoided all responsibility to create anything himself even when on one v one against the fullback, either gutless or the manager is telling him to do the same which is gutless. Fornals a headless chicken who doesn't understand positioning or know where to move to.

The Bench, Anderson - 40m / Haller - 40m / Yarmelenko - 15m / Lanzini - 10m
    100m of dross.

GSB enjoy the Championship and losing money. Tripp and the American Consortium or whatever don't worry you will get club cheaper in the Championship than whatever dumb valuation that GSB rate this club and we the fans will force GSB out one way or another to make it happen come 2023.
  • IronHerb said:

IronHerb said:

IH, I'm on about your statement that Carrol would have been sent off if he was playing for us......Simply cannot agree, that's it.

On another note anyone else feel that Fornals simply does not offer enough to warrant starting?..Just feel he might work a bit, but that's all he offers us...
    Then say don't agree then.
  • On another note anyone else feel that Fornals simply does not offer enough to warrant starting?..Just feel he might work a bit, but that's all he offers us...

Hopefully if he plays in his natural position rather than on the wing he would do far better.

Just imagine, Diangana playing where Fornals is, and Fornals replacing Noble.
  • But the club in their limp justification of the diang sale classified Fornals as one of the players who could play there?

The only people at the club who genuinely want to try and take their man on (which surely is something a winger should try and do?) are Antonio (who is now our striker) and Bowen (who has now had the art coached out of him)
  • But the club in their limp justification of the diang sale classified Fornals as one of the players who could play there?

The only people at the club who genuinely want to try and take their man on (which surely is something a winger should try and do?) are Antonio (who is now our striker) and Bowen (who has now had the art coached out of him)

Exactly....look at Maximin for them

He was positive and attacked the full back at every chance and it gave everyone a lift (and an out ball)

Diangana is that type of player, he would've tried to do something, even if it didn't always come off
  • edited September 2020
    IronHerb said:

IronHerb said:

IronHerb said:

Then say don't agree then.
    Oh really..Am I not entitled to my opinion and say what I like, just like you?....
    You stated something, I didn't agree, I was not rude or did not made it personal,I just said what I thought ( as I stated IMO )...You can have your opinions, and I can have mine.

I don't have to say what you want me to say!, sorry.
  • What is tragic is how Lewis was interchanging with Wilson seamlessly as if they’d played with each other for years. Likewise Wilson and AC. Bruce has had wilson and Lewis for less than a week.

Lewis had the most touched and covered the most ground of any NU player.