Well, it's back. Other PL games during Project Restart. (Discussion of matches)

Comments

• Too many people too confident after our result yesterday.pressure well and truly back on
  • You just cannot trust st Brenda
  • edited July 2020
    I must admit I did not expect both Villa & Leicester to take 3 points today. So, yeah, pressure well & truly on & I actually feel plying two rivals hampers us. I’d rather be playing Southampton & Everton like Bournemouth.
  • Mrs G dropping 2 points in one of the opening games you have time to recoup but when you’re in a relegation battle they become more critical. If we need to beat villa to stay up and are 2-0 up but draw 2-2 I would class those 2 as the most important.
  • Almost 5-1 there
  • Cancel Sundays
  • jay, you can’t legislate for Leicester self destructing. Man City next up for Bournemouth hopefully normal service with resume. Last day looks dodgy again after today’s results.
  • That was the most ridiculous game I have seen for the longest time, half time there was no way they looked like scoring and could easily have had six in the second half, unbelievable
  • I really hope Leicester fail to get champions league. Their second half performance was unreal and you’d think it was fixed the way they capitulated.
  • We have to beat Watford ,My heart wont take it if we dont
  • We need City and Everton to be really up for it this week otherwise Friday is going to be very scary or even more scary than it already is.
  • imagine if Bournemouth and Villa both win midweek crikey xD
  • ok Bournemouth vs Southampton is a grudge match with both areas hating each other and all that happened this weekend is that we improved our GD vs all the clubs that matter.
  • I reckon we’ll still be fine tbh. I feel less comfy than I did 6 hours ago, but I still feel confident
  • If City’s champions league ban is upheld tomorrow then they won’t be putting much effort in from now on I should imagine.
  • If City’s champions league ban is upheld tomorrow then they won’t be putting much effort in from now on I should imagine.

Thorn, why? They’ve been top four guaranteed since before lockdown
  • Top 4 would mean nothing if they’re not in champions league. 9.30 tomorrow morning is the decision time.
  • Point is, if the appeal is successful, they’ve still been top four for ages and it’s never been in doubt. Tbh, I think if they get the ruling against them they’ll be even more competitive just to show UEFA what they’re missing
  • They are also still in the Champions league this year, which restarts in August so they will have to keep their levels up

But yes, this hasn't gone our way, but we did our part and if we keep doing our part doesn't matter what the others do
  • Guardiola doesn’t let his teams switch off. It doesn’t happen. They’ve been mostly incredible since Liverpool were crowned champions, and that won’t change against Bournemouth.
  • Football is interesting though.

Had we been the final team to play this weekend, following wins for Villa, Bournemouth & Watford, & then we had done the business to extend the gap, we’d all be buzzing.

As it is we feel deflated simply because we played first & ‘imagined’ a scenario where we could have been 5/6 points clear if Palace & Leicester had helped us out.
  • I'm still buzzing. B)
  • Citeh’s champs league ban overturned
  • Schmeichel was doing his best Roberto impersonation last night, or was it actually Roberto in a blond wig?
  • edited July 2020
    Wish I'd been playing relegation bingo - already had 'playing for their future' and ' shop window' and it's not even kick off! Chelsea v Norwich.
  • Could we be one of the first teams to relegate two / three teams by relegating Norwich and maybe Villa.
  • Bournemouth should have lost to Spuds and Leicester - surely they can't get anything from Citeh - can they ? 6pm today Sky
  • City have made 6 changes
  • And took 6 minutes to score.
  • After a good period of pressure from Bournemouth; 2-0