Well, it's back. Other PL games during Project Restart. (Discussion of matches)

Comments

• Young Greenwood reminds me of Antonio at times, but not in front of goal unfortunately. :*
  • How on earth is Grealish talked about as good enough for a top team?i I'd beastonished if Man U had a genuine interest in him.
  • He'll end up at Spurs imo.
  • Grealish is rubbish

He’s the most fouled player for a reason, hangs onto the ball far too long whilst yet another attack slows up & breaks down, then he’s fouled.
  • Hopefully we will be safe before we play Utd as there’s a chance our goal difference advantage will be wiped out when we play them.
  • Hopefully we will be safe before we play Utd as there’s a chance our goal difference advantage will be wiped out when we play them.

Well we won’t lose 10-0 against them...
  • I hate to say so as it's the Mancs but Greenwood is one hell of a player.
  • He strikes the ball so well for someone so young
  • Gotta say, it was a shocking penalty award for Utd, even though it benefited us. Dreadful to give it in the first place, and dreadful for VAR not to overturn it. No way in a million years that gets given at the other end.
  • According to the Spurs fan I was watching with yesterday without Alli they've got no creativity and without Eriksen they've got no alternative to Alli

He's not a Mourinho fan btw
  • I can't say Alli brings much to the party either.
  • IronHerb said:

I can't say Alli brings much to the party either.

A case of beer perhaps?
  • That'll do nicely.
  • Newcastle doing us a favour atm, 1 up at Watford.
  • Deeney had a new born boy at home, and wasn't prepared to take any chances. Generally I've got no time for the bloke, but in those circumstances, can't fault him.
  • Damn, Watford equalised.
  • Even worse, Watford ahead now.
  • It’s not bad. We’re both almost safe.
  • Almost, not certain

Big plus getting our GD even further ahead

Still will be more confident after the weekend, Bournemouth and Villa have winnable games
  • edited July 2020
    Over to Villa to get 8 points from 12
    Over to Bournemouth to get 7 from 12
    Whilst we lose all 3 of our remaining games
  • Whoever wins against Watford vs West Ham will be guaranteed safe. A big ask to see Villa winning 3/4 and Bournemouth 3/4 though.
  • I really wouldn't worry about what Watford are doing. It's the two below them.
  • IF Bournemouth lose v Leicester tomorrow & then at the Eithad plus Villa only pick up a point from Palace at home then at Goodison my prediction of a 0-0 or 5-5 v Watford will mean we are both safe.
  • I heard on the commentary during our game that, since the restart, the bottom 3 haven’t won a game, have picked up a combined 3 points and have scored 6 goals.

Turning that form around without a crowd pushing you on seems practically impossible to me.
  • I think Burnley's result at Anfield put's their win against us into perspective, especially as it was a MOM performance by Pope to keep us out.
  • And he was MOTM again today
  • Burnley are a really difficult side to beat which is of course down to Dyche. However, I find them frustrating to watch and boring. I would not want Dyche as manager.
  • But is Dyche only using the tools he's got? Would he play different with flair players?
  • Norwich, Villa and Bournemoutas thethree down have been pretty nailed on since we beat Chelsea.
  • EXETERHAMMER, boring football, ninth in the league & 16 points better off than us. I was as frustrated as everyone else on Wednesday but begrudgingly give them credit for playing to their strengths, especially as they didn't have a full squad to pick from, but which I know is built on having a very good goalkeeper and disciplined set up. Would I want that every game, probably not, but am getting tired of the relegation tussles more seasons than not. Arsenal & Liverpool have won leagues in the past by winning 1-0 on a regular basis as has Jose but I resign myself to know it's "The West Ham way" to play in a particular fashion and not be too successful 1986 aside and most of us wouldn't have it any other way.