Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• A good transfer policy makes all the difference....

DYufA6dX4AEmeTP
  • Not to mention spending about £120 million...
  • vorselaar - but that same transfer policy bought the first three players originally...
  • Liverpool May have bought a few duds (including AC), however they have bought and seen Suarez, Torres and Coutinho go for massive money. And they still sit with Salah, firminho and more
  • Jordez - Salah is probably worth than on his own now...

MrsGrey - I don't think bought by the same club is the same thing as transfer policy. I can't imagine Lambert being bought by Klopp different style.
  • Yes. ;ok

But in that case isn't 'transfer policy' just another way of saying 'they buy players the manager rates'?

To be classed as an actual 'policy', I think it needs to be more than that.... maybe covering ages of players, type of contracts they get, how the deals are structured, what sort of clauses are put in the contracts and stuff like that.
  • edited March 2018
    I'm not sure 'buy good players' counts as a transfer policy...
  • Its a 'mission statement' ;ok
  • I was responding to the post.

"but that same transfer policy bought the first three players originally..."

My point was that just because players are bought by the same club it doesn't mean the thing as the same transfer policy.
  • MrsGrey said:

Yes. ;ok

But in that case isn't 'transfer policy' just another way of saying 'they buy players the manager rates'?

To be classed as an actual 'policy', I think it needs to be more than that.... maybe covering ages of players, type of contracts they get, how the deals are structured, what sort of clauses are put in the contracts and stuff like that.

Which West Ham, have being miserable at, one of the highest wage payers in the league and possibly getting relegated.

From saying we have enough money to purchase players but wouldn't buy Defoe because he had no resale value but then signing players like Fonte / Evra / Zabaleta....

West Ham's policy is the worst in the league when you measure up finances to finishing places to wages paid. Tragic.

• From saying we have enough money to purchase players but wouldn't buy Defoe because he had no resale value but then signing players like Fonte / Evra / Zabaleta....

You assume that all other things were equal.
  • edited March 2018

My point was that just because players are bought by the same club it doesn't mean the thing as the same transfer policy.

What about during the same season?

The same transfer policy (same season, same manager) bought Firmino and Benteke.

Or the same manager? Rogers brought in Borini and Firmino. (But in different seasons.)
  • Simple to conceive of.

Not so simple to execute.

Otherwise everybody would be doing it ;wink
  • edited March 2018
    https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5a043b366957da157e2557c5/t/5ab29608f950b7f3284d3293/1521653258257/WHUISA+Minutes+of+Meeting+with+David+Sullivan+March+2018.pdf
    Minutes of meeting between David Sullivan and the WHUISA this morning.
    Looks to have been fairly constructive...
  • That certainly looks more constructive and fair play to DS for inviting them in.

I also read all 32 pages of the Karren B, letters to LLDC/Mayor or London, I think she handled herself quite well in those but seems to be banging her head against a brick wall. For some reason E20 do not want to play ball and it would be in their interests to do so and help reduce the cost to the taxpayer, legal action is now on the horizon and that won’t do anyone any good
  • I'd be happy if the club were to pay a bit more if the club were to have a bit more say on changing a few things.
  • In her letters they do offer to pay for the track cover and seem willing to help
  • edited March 2018
    No often I’d say this but well done the tax man ;ok
  • Presumably he has now sacked his tax advisor. ;lol
  • Can Scribble off "British TaxPayer" as a sound bite they like to use then.
  • I suspect he still stumps up a fair bit more than we manage.
  • Well yes, as he should.
  • Herb

Indeed.

My point was that he can probably still be regarded as a British tax payer.
  • Although another that try’s to cheat the system
  • Cuz

That hardly makes him unique.

The opposite, in fact, I'd say.

Doesn't pretty much everyone try to game the system where they can?

• edited March 2018
    Oh well, must just be me, then.

Well, me and Diddy D, obvs.

Oh, and Ken Dodd.
  • Swept I don't believe you. Do you pay into a pension scheme? I would imagine that everyone uses whatever tax avoidance measures are at their disposal.
  • edited March 2018
    imo Anybody who has never said to the Revenue, 'Oh look I can afford an extra fiver. Go on, you have it,' can't legitimately criticise anybody else for also making sure they pay what they are liable for and not a penny more.