Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• 'A protest against the board is not a lack of support for the team.' It is when it affects them directly. How can anyone be supporting the team whilst hurling abuse at the Board?
  • Quite easily actually.
  • IronHerb said:

Quite easily actually.

Not at all imo
  • Did anyone else notice Barry Fry sat in the Directors Box with David Gold? We all know that S&G like hiring people they've worked with before, he's currently Director of Football at Peterborough and Sullivan says he'll be hiring a DoF

Hopefully not
  • Also I think I spotted Martin O'Neill sat behind Sir Trev
  • I spotted Fry leaving the ground in his white Merc with number plates POS11
  • Let’s hope it was just a social visit. I don’t think Barry fry could do any more for us than a pot plant.
  • That's unfair to aspidistras
  • edited April 2018
    Cheers, ASLEF; that gives me a slim opening to trot out one of my favourite puns:
    Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra: The biggest asp disaster in the world.
  • I am debating whether or not to Flag that last post. ;hmm ;lol
  • Probably lining up as manager for next season lol
  • Wouldn’t it be more of a player simply wanting to play in The Champions League or Europa League and the chances of that in the short term at West Ham are pretty slim rather than it being either an issue of our owners or our fans behaviour?
  • http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43606646

So the fans want Sullivan, Gold & Brady to go. Who's willing to put their cash where their mouth is and stump up the money to enable this to happen.
    Let's see what plan of actions these groups come up with.
  • Let's say the club is worth £100m, S&G own 86% plus the club owe them £61m in loans so that's £147m split between 3000 WHISA members.

50 grand a piece, no probs
  • But then they need to invest in new players, too.
  • The club's not for sale.
  • MrsG - I wouldn't expect it to be. But even if it were, the costs would be a lot higher than just simply the debts and and the stakes of DD.
  • So, not the cold-hearted shambles some suggested:
    The accessibility supporter and his carer were required to move from their normal Season Ticket seats as a result of the new safety and security measures introduced at London Stadium.

Lifelong Hammer Jim was compensated for any inconvenience caused with complimentary Club London access to the Boleyn Bar, new seats closer to the halfway line and an outstanding performance from his favourite team.

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/april/01-april/west-ham-fan-jim-thanks-club-great-matchday-experience#heYRrs3Yuoz9BCV2.99
  • What about Eastbourne Hammer on KUMB who originally was told that they'd have to move to a downgraded seat, any word from them? Did they get the same upgrade? Was the upgrade a result of them making the issue public?
  • edited April 2018
    In turn, West Ham United would like to thank Jim for his understanding
    Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/april/01-april/west-ham-fan-jim-thanks-club-great-matchday-experience#1CIdma2ycYDuHGSM.99

Presumably Jim's immediate response when first contacted about changing his seat wasn't one of outrage, hostility and non-cooperation.
  • Took KUMB and WHUISA getting involved to get the ball rolling but the right result in the end. Protest works.
  • So, not the cold-hearted shambles some suggested:

The accessibility supporter and his carer were required to move from their normal Season Ticket seats as a result of the new safety and security measures introduced at London Stadium.

Lifelong Hammer Jim was compensated for any inconvenience caused with complimentary Club London access to the Boleyn Bar, new seats closer to the halfway line and an outstanding performance from his favourite team.

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/april/01-april/west-ham-fan-jim-thanks-club-great-matchday-experience#heYRrs3Yuoz9BCV2.99

Think we’ve already been over this squire? (See my earlier post)

When he was first contacted then he was told he was moving, no choice and not to the place he ended up.

WHUISA and KUMB stepped in as Horsham mentioned, then you get the RIGHT action.
    MrsGrey said:

In turn, West Ham United would like to thank Jim for his understanding
    Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/april/01-april/west-ham-fan-jim-thanks-club-great-matchday-experience#1CIdma2ycYDuHGSM.99

Presumably Jim's immediate response when first contacted about changing his seat wasn't one of outrage, hostility and non-cooperation.

Yeah it was, he told his story all over KUMB he wasn’t moving and didn’t agree to anything in the first call.

don’t believe everything you read in the papers/online......especially the BBC

The official site seemed to leave out the details from the first call, how conveneient

;hmm
  • Think we’ve already been over this squire? (See my earlier post)
    Don't know that we've been over anything. ;hmm

As to not believing everything in the papers/online: I take it you are not suggesting I shouldn't believe that this happened?

Perhaps you meant to suggest you don't always get the full picture from a single source?

In which case, that would be useful advice for everyone, don't you think?
  • 1. I didn't realise it was the same person. (How would I know?)

2. Now that I know it is... my point stands. You/others have assumed it wouldn't have worked out this way without his initial hostile and stroppy attitude. It is perfectly possible to also assume that if he had been pleasant and understanding in the first instance, it would still have worked out this way. Just without all the aggro along the way.
  • MrsGrey said:

Now that I know it is... my point stands. You/others have assumed it wouldn't have worked out this way without his initial hostile and stroppy attitude.

The club initially tried to downgrade his seat and he refused. How is that a hostile attitude?
  • edited April 2018

Think we’ve already been over this squire? (See my earlier post)

Don't know that we've been over anything. ;hmm

As to not believing everything in the papers/online: I take it you are not suggesting I shouldn't believe that this happened?

Perhaps you meant to suggest you don't always get the full picture from a single source?

In which case, that would be useful advice for everyone, don't you think?
    What I’m suggesting is that even the sites with the biggest so called credibility don’t tell you the whole picture, they chose to publish this as a good warm fuzzy story, that’s far from how it planned out.

Bottom line this fan was originally contacted (as per my original post on the subject) and was told they were moving and it wasn’t going to be anywhere of their choice and it certainly wasn’t going to be an upgrade. They refused it and were told there would be a call back

There was.....and the club did the right thing, therefore I posted accordingly and praised them (regardless of what you “think” when they do, I praise it, trouble is it’s not that often imo)

Now you and Mrs G have applauded the club and doubted the oiriginal story, well I’m
    Sorry to tell you both, but your wrong, there was reason to slate the club initially and it took the intervention of two groups to help get the fan what he probably should’ve got in the first place.

It’s okay to publish the club being wrong, it really is, as long as they learn from it (not sure that’s been the case over the years PR gaffs have been continuous)
  • MrsGrey said:

1. I didn't realise it was the same person. (How would I know?)

2. Now that I know it is... my point stands. You/others have assumed it wouldn't have worked out this way without his initial hostile and stroppy attitude. It is perfectly possible to also assume that if he had been pleasant and understanding in the first instance, it would still have worked out this way. Just without all the aggro along the way.

I’d lay money it wouldn’t of, without the fan standing up for themselves and without the help of KUMB and WHUISA.

• edited April 2018
    Your betting record is that good it it? ;lol ;sofa
  • It’s okay to publish the club being wrong, it really is, as long as they learn from it (not sure that’s been the case over the years PR gaffs have been continuous)
    I don't give a monkey's about people knocking the club, assuming it is factually based and fairly reported.

Can you bear that in mind for the future, so you don't feel you need to tell me again?
  • Blimey no need to get all narky G man

They didn’t tell the full story in the article, most people wouldn’t know what had gone on, luckily some do

You and Mrs G questioned essentially what i originally posted to start this convo off, with the BBC and OS stories, they didn’t tell the full story though.

It is factual, from the fan himself, unless you think he’s lying? And the club have it right?

Perhaps you should bear in mind that the club does make mistakes.....and stop questioning any piece of negative information what feels like most of the time?