Board/Fan Relationship

Comments

• He's worth a reported 21 billion. Knowing our luck, Microsoft will go bankrupt and we'll end up potless again.
  • We can but dream.......
  • And then they fade and die. ;weep
  • Nice to see that Paul Allen has done so well since leaving us...
  • I wouldn't get too excited as even if they agreed to sell Willie Young would come in at the final moment and ruin everything.
  • Hammerex, never ever ;biggrin
  • BBB, I was thinking that myself - although by the look of him he hasn't aged well ;wink
  • He must have gone back to college or something - apparentley there is money to be made in this computer malarky......
  • Not surprising that has come up again, what with the guy interested in buying Wembley and the Spuds new ground incorporating an NFL pitch. I visited the designers of the new Spurs stadium and had a look at some of the plans - I have to say I was impressed, especially with the Special Needs/Mental Disability inclusive areas - was almost as if they had taken all the ideas I put forwards to our owners during the consultation for the move and included them.

Also had a look at the initial stages of the designs for the new Everton, Chelsea, Fulham and AFC Wimbledon stadiums - needless to say when I left the tears prickling my eyes were not of joy, when comparing them to our current home.

In a few short years we will have maybe the fifth or six best stadium in the capital ....
  • A lot of reports about Paul Allen appearing in the press on this side of channel too...

You never know with American money it's not the same as oil money.

But I think a new broom would be a good thing at this stage.
  • Apparently we will have a new club badge...

DcRWKYoXUAEEFLB
  • He hopes to reboot the club, that will crash then ;biggrin
  • Does he know all the team's UK sizes, cos US sizes are not the same. ;biggrin

oh, reboot ;doh ;yercoat
  • edited May 2018
    Another pop at the fans in today's 'column' from Karren.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6268235/karren-brady-mohamed-salah-kevin-de-bruyne-west-ham/amp/#click=1t.co/EOI6WjfZvY

Her arrogance knows no bounds.
  • Keyboard warriors.....who werr at the game in protest

We didnt have poor season because of them, it wasnt until lwe were 30 odd games in and flirting wuth relgation did they come out in force

Woman is a clown

G&S will never sack her though
    Another tick in the box to why i want them out
  • She’s got some front, she’s been signing off on a checklist of items (latest being the artwork around the stadium featuring previous players) with a known group of ex-hooligans/firm.

She signed off on the deal, perhaps she shouldn’t of let the £ get in the way and made sure we had more options, now she will probably cost the club money in court

She’s a hypocrite plain and simple and she lies a lot and really doesn’t get WHUFC at all. Can’t wait for the day she leaves.

• Yeah, and now we have those blooming flags being aimlessly waved about pre game and at half time.

Marvellous!
  • Brady out !!!!!!!
  • Horrible woman. In my view when she and the other two leave they will have taken more than they gave.
  • I just got an email from the WHU Independent Supporters Association
    Emergency Motion of No Confidence in Karren Brady - vote tomorrow at WHUISA meeting

Members have risen concerns for several months now that the Vice-Chair of West Ham United Football Club has made comments her column in the Sun Newspaper that have embarrassed the club and supporters. In a recent high profile example had a direct issue on the clubs transfer business.

We will therefore be holding an emergency debate and vote tomorrow and propose the following motion:

Karren Brady's latest comments in her newspaper column are ill-judged at best, inflammatory at worst.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6268235/karren-brady-mohamed-salah-kevin-de-bruyne-west-ham

"We have some problems at the London Stadium caused to a degree by the terms of our lease, which we are tackling, but also by malcontents and keyboard warriors."

The ignorance and arrogance of this statement, in addition to others made in this and previous seasons, indicate that her position as vice-chairman of West Ham United is untenable.

She has fundamentally failed to deliver against any of the promises made when justifying the stadium move, and her continued inability to either understand or respond to justifiable fan grievances prove that she is no longer fit to hold her position.

Therefore we, as the West Ham United Independent Supporters Association, have no confidence in the current Vice-Chair of the club and call for an immediate end to the Sun Newspaper column for the good of the future of our Football Club.

The meeting will be at The White Post Café/Bar starting at 12:00 Noon. Map Here.
    Kind Regards

Mark Walker (Chair of WHUISA)

On behalf of the WHUISA Committee – Come on you IRONS!!
    Not a happy bunny

• I made my position clear regarding the board earlier in the thread & my opinion hasn't changed.If the other two really want to improve relations between them & the fans they should get rid of this awful woman a.s.a.p. I didn't agree with the Burnley protest & said at the time that fans should protest against Everton if we are safe. I believe people should protest on Sunday,particularly against her & this hurtful article in that despicable rag. Leave our club Brady, you're not wanted or welcome here.Rant over.
  • As I've said elsewhere Brady has spent the last 30 years working for Sullivan, she goes wherever he goes and while he's here I think it unlikely she is going to leave.

Sullivan has said he wants to pass his 51% share of the club onto his sons so he's unlikely to sell up unless there's a big money offer, like when he sold his shares to the Icelandics.
  • https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/13/karren-brady-pressure-drop-sun-column-malcontents-west-ham

Now even some within the club want her to drop the column according to this. I'd rather she dropped it all and left the club tbh.
  • Well, if she left, I wouldn't care what columns she wrote.

I don't read them anyway.
  • malcontents and keyboard warriors

Excellent choice of wording.... I thought she was a savy business women, nice way to communicate about your customers....
  • Another unnecessary foot in mouth... Don't understand this at all..
  • malcontents and keyboard warriors

Excellent choice of wording.... I thought she was a savy business women, nice way to communicate about your customers....

Or not....just plain nasty.
  • "keyboard warriors"

From the person putting her feelings down in type....

Really..