Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• And Cresswell
  • Can't even play Kouyate there as we have no CMs to cover him.

This club.
  • He was pants... he hasn't got better because he is now pants in China.
  • Oggy and Ginge are our first choice pairing at the moment and both should be fit for Saturday.
  • Reid our for the rest of season and probably Byram too

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/11279809/winston-reid-out-for-remainder-of-west-hams-season-with-knee-injury

Testing times. Can we recall Oxford, Burke? Can anyone else step up at thus this crucial time?
  • Can't even play Kouyate there as we have no CMs to cover him.

This club.

You've summed up the problem right there. Our squad is so thin that if we are short on CB's, we take Rice out of midfield and then become short on CM's/DM's.

We then become short on CM's so we play a RB (Zabaleta) in CM.

Byram then gets injured and we are now short on RB''s.

Then we move Kouyate to CB. Etc.

I feel Zab can do a job in CM, and Rice is pretty versatile too. However when half of your team are playing out of position that's when the problems start (even if they can do a job there). I think it's fine to play a player out of position if he can do a job in there but it becomes problematic when we have 2 or more players in the team that are also playing out of their favoured/natural position.
  • Welove ;ok

With a squad as brittle as ours, we desperately needed to strengthen in January. Now we find ourselves in an all too familiar position of scratching around for a match-day 18 in the midst of a relegation fight.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/triathlon/43313998

Unbelievable, and we think we've got problems.
  • MrsGrey said:

Cullen.

Bless you
  • Kouyate can step in as centre back. He may even play better there than he has in midfield the last few weeks.
  • Ginge went off early in the Dagenham friendly match.
  • So Edmilson could play no part at all in our previous league fixture but is suddenly ok to go and represent his country? ;hmm
  • I don’t dislike him but I actually don’t care at all whether he can play for us or not. He’s like filler.
  • edited March 2018

So Edmilson could play no part at all in our previous league fixture but is suddenly ok to go and represent his country? ;hmm

Don't know why the ;hmm

Out last fixture was 2 weeks ago.

• And I stand by my point. Not ready for even place on the bench then after a very lengthy lay off and suddenly good to go for his country.
  • edited March 2018
    What point would that be?

He's been called up. Lets see if he plays.

Many players are, one week, not ready for the bench and 2 weeks later, make the matchday squad - which is what's happened here.

(And I'm not sure it's true, in any case, to say he wasn't fit enough for the bench. Was that officially said by anyone from the club?)
  • He was not considered for a game v Dagenham only 3 days ago featuring a host of first team players. What’s happened since?
  • edited March 2018
    Since? Nothing, as far as I know. He's still in France. Where he was 3 days ago.

The Dagenham game used 1st team players who hadn't joined their international squads.

I repeat, what is 'the point' you have so far only implied, and that you are sticking to?

Are you claiming he's not really fit? He wasn't really injured? Moyes doesn't rate him?
  • edited March 2018
    I’m fully standing by my ;hmm so let’s leave it at that ;ok
  • I'll stand by my 'Move along, nothing to see here' ;biggrin
  • Fernandes is with the U-21s rather than the senior Swiss squad, they didn't have a game last week but they play Portugal tomorrow
  • See Lanzini has picked up an injury on international duty, according to football London (source is a journalist with the Argentina squad).
  • Daily Heil reporting it as 'a knock' that caused him to 'skip training' yesterday. He 'might not' play on Tuesday.

;pray
  • even without him, our best attacking form was with Mario behind Arnie and Hernandez, so we might be capable without him
  • alderz said:

even without him, our best attacking form was with Mario behind Arnie and Hernandez, so we might be capable without him

Do you have stats for that (cos I'm too lazy to do them myself)?
  • ASLEF

Not to hand, and honestly I might be completely wrong when I say that. I’m jusy trying to make myself feel less concerned about the idea of Lanzini being out