Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• Dropped his wallet on it
  • Getting out of bed?
  • Three theories doing the rounds currently in the Friday papers....

andy
  • I must say that I am soooo done with AC - thanks for the occasions when you were simply unplayable, and thank you so much for THAT goal, however I am over you now.

All the best.

And yes, I do mean business, I am transferring you out of my FF team.......
  • Ramble pod cast has just said that West Ham can’t find evidence of an ankle injury on any scan.

He wants away?
  • edited January 2018
    Well someones telling fib ulas ;yercoat
  • If he signs for Chelsea in Jan we will know who....
  • edited January 2018
    The bloke isn’t cut out for football.

It was said by Sam and Slav, as well as Bellamy the other night on Sky, he just doesn’t have the professionalism or dedication to be anything other than a 10 goal a season forward who spends 50% of his time crocked.

Not saying all the injuries are caused by him, but it is well known he could do more to put himself in a better position to contribute to the side.

He may as well just retire and pursue something else. We all know he’ll need surgery and this will be a 4 month lay off.
  • That well known that I don’t know about it so what more in your opinion do you think he could do more, me personally think it’s how he plays that helps to contribute to his lay offs
  • Ramble pod cast has just said that West Ham can’t find evidence of an ankle injury on any scan.

He wants away?

;hmm I would like them to explain to me how they think how his pretending to have an injury that will keep him our for between 1 and 4 months is going to increase his chances of getting signed by another club, because I can't see it.

Also, I would like to ask them to explain why other (national, reputable) media sources are reporting that a scan has found a hairline fracture. And where they got their info that West Ham could find no problem on the scan.

Without wishing to prejudge any answers they might give, can I just say Rubbish, and leave it at that. OK, maybe a little bit of prejudging ;whome

• One memorable performance this season. Speaks volumes, as far as I'm concerned.

It's all such a shame because he would be such an asset if his fitness and dedication matched his ability, for both West Ham and England.
  • I get that everyone is frustrated (me too!) but can we find a bit of sympathy or even empathy for someone who desperately wants to play football, and has been knocked back yet again. He must be gutted. ;weep
  • One memorable performance this season. Speaks volumes, as far as I'm concerned.

It's all such a shame because he would be such an asset if his fitness and dedication matched his ability, for both West Ham and England.

I can agree with his fitness, but dedication imo isn’t right, can’t believe people are blaming him for his fitness issues, when he does manage to play for us at least you get maximum effort and commitment
  • I reckon he told his wife they were going to Chelsea, and she said no way am I moving. But I’ve told everybody now. “i don’t care, make up some excuse, and make it believable......”
  • Cuz - no doubting his effort on the pitch at times. Pretty easy to give your all for an hour on a Saturday.

I’m talking about the off the pitch, day to day professionalism which past managers have alluded to. Two different things IMO.
  • Yes they are lukerz spot on but we moan about lazy journalism and you have nothing to substantiate that these two are linked as I’ve said probably because he’s more dedicated and committed to get on the pitch only imo
  • edited January 2018

I must say that I am soooo done with AC - thanks for the occasions when you were simply unplayable, and thank you so much for THAT goal, however I am over you now.

All the best.

And yes, I do mean business, I am transferring you out of my FF team.......

mmmm..... Transfers ;biggrin
  • Andy Carroll is a great player, I love watching him play, I think he is exciting to watch and has an excellent attitude and approach to the game when he is on the pitch. From what I`ve heard he also trains well and works bloomping hard to get himself back in shape and fit after each lay off. He`s no angel, I`m sure he likes to party and have the odd drink or two, but anything above and beyond this is pure speculation, tittle tattle and smear. Fake news. I honestly don`t think his lifestyle impacts his performance or inhibits the way he plays. Bottom line is I don`t think his body, his physicality, is suited to football. The man is fragile and I feel for him, he wants to play, he has bucket loads of ability, he has a good footballing brain, his body just doesn`t co-operate. And not in the slightly amusing Carlton Cole way. Whatever he chooses to do I wish him luck, he seems a decent bloke, and if he is ever out Suffolk way I`d buy him a pint.
  • edited January 2018
    Have plenty of sympathy for him and do think he does his utmost to get himself fit and then give his all on the pitch

BUT

His presence at our club is a big chunk of the payroll. So playing every now and then doesn’t really work for a club like ours. He is preventing us having someone else who can make a more consistent contribution to our cause.

We are not Man Utd where we can afford to have an Ibra on a huge wage sidelined for lengthy periods and not playing
  • Have plenty of sympathy for him and do think he does his utmost to get himself fit and then give his all on the pitch

BUT

His presence at our club is a big chunk of the payroll. So playing every now and then doesn’t really work for a club like ours. He is preventing us having someone else who can make a more consistent contribution to our cause.

We are not Man Utd where we can afford to have an Ibra on a huge wage sidelined for lengthy periods and not playing

I actually agree and personally even though I like him I’d sell him but it gets my goat when his commitment and dedication comes into question because of his poor fitness record, I believe if that was the case he wouldn’t come back after injury and still give 100% to the cause and not just for an hour on a Saturday again imo it’s a cheap shot
  • I think the fact Slav publicly questioned his off field behaviour and said from memory there were things he could do to better look after himself might be where people get idea from .
  • I think the fact Slav publicly questioned his off field behaviour and said from memory there were things he could do to better look after himself might be where people get idea from .

Probably didn’t have to train under Slav if we believe what the players and Moyes said when he’d left

Thing is, Slav was (a) never specific about what that 'off field behaviour' was. It could have been resting more at home (the club monitors stuff like that) or going to bed earlier, or eating more kale... But assumptions were made amongst sections of the fans. We all know what those were.

Also, Slav never subsequently said (b) we've told him what to do/not do and he's ignoring us. Again, assumptions were made by some fans.

It is entirely possible that the 'things he could do' were based on the latest developments in sports science, or research into diet, and that he took them all on board and adjusted his lifestyle accordingly.
  • Andy has become a family man, he has his son Arlo and there was another child expected, but I don't when or if, it has happened yet.
  • deehammer said:

Andy has become a family man, he has his son Arlo and there was another child expected, but I don't when or if, it has happened yet.

They named him wolf nine if I remember correctly
  • So the stuff about drugs was true, after all.

;wink
  • See Bellamy has stuck the knife in the back, lovely, considering some of the things he’s got up to, loved his book but he needs to shut it
  • One of the giants of the game.
  • Small Man Syndrome. Classic case.
  • edited January 2018
    Bellamy and Wise on Sky The Debate for those what was wondering.