Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• Chelsea target Andy Carroll has told West Ham he is unable to train.

He claims he has an ankle injury, but scans taken by the club are understood not to show a problem.

[Mirror Football]
  • Chelsea target Andy Carroll has told West Ham he is unable to train.

He claims he has an ankle injury, but scans taken by the club are understood not to show a problem.

[Mirror Football]

Oh quelle surprise. Wouldn't surprise me if all his mysterious injuries suddenly clear up. And he's probably Sussed that there's a better class of kebab shop in SW6.
    Anyone else sense a "Payet" coming on. ;fishslap
  • If he said he was fit would be a bigger surprise to me because he hasn’t since he’s been here
  • Being reported that AC is out for 4 months on London Live News
  • Hang about, I thought they had scanned his ankle and saw nothing and now he is out for 4 months? ;angry
  • Only 4 months, with a missing ankle!!!!!
  • Sky sports saying a month
  • The Mirror says a month, the sun says six weeks. Let’s run a sweepstake ;lol

The mirror also says he is “shell shocked” at the news. I mean seriously, if you were AC, why would you be shocked if you got injured? ;lol
  • So he claimed his ankle was injured (and scan revealed nothing) so we'd have to assume he's not been able to train (or he's ducked out of it) and now, all of a sudden, he's injured for at least a month.

I am so done with this guys injuries and really hoping against hope that Chelsea are mugs enough to actually buy him (same goes for Sakho to Palace)

#get rid
  • Thank goodness we have found a manager who has a found a way to play without relying on him overly
  • Well who has overly relied on him with his injury record? ;hmm
  • edited January 2018
    All those numbers are just guesstimates, based on the standard protocols and average recovery times for ankle injuries.

To summarise the various reports: between 4-6 weeks unless he requires surgery; if surgery is required it could be up to 4 months.

Re the scan, there has been nothing official, and no media outlet has quoted a named or unnamed source, nor have they attributed their 'understanding' of the results of the scan to anyone 'close to the club' or anything like that.

The Telegraph is reporting that a scan was done today, and these are the results.

• Well Moyes has been the only one to be prepared to consistently bench him even when he’s “fit”?
  • Or maybe the Chelsea medical revealed the injury ;whistle
  • Or maybe the Chelsea medical caused the injury ;whistle
  • Hazard or we will sue
  • Maybe I misheard the 4 weeks for 4 months. ;doh
  • IronHerb said:

Maybe I misheard the 4 weeks for 4 months. ;doh

You probably be more accurate in the long run
  • IronHerb said:

Maybe I misheard the 4 weeks for 4 months. ;doh

What is telling is that no-one was disbelieving of you
  • Should have quit while I was ahead. ;biggrin
  • It's not good news all round...
  • I think its safe to say that Carroll will be with us for the rest of the season and possibly until the end of his contract..........
  • Who in there right mind would take on and match his salary with his injury record because I can’t name anybody
  • Unbelievable....

Chelsea had already made a parking spot for him as well....

B85CD822-9B6E-4A5D-B328-B03A7A78F421
  • Unbelievable, we get some interested and reported possible £20m for a guy who I really like but is probably of the same strength as a popadum and he gets injured

I bet Sully is gutted, he was going to to up young jacks new pad with that money
    ;whistle
  • Crouch, who turns 37 this month, is one of a list of names the club had in mind for this January transfer window, including West Ham’s Andy Carroll, who was ruled out of action on Thursday with an ankle injury that could yet necessitate surgery and a four-month lay-off.

As reported in the The Telegraph
  • Does anyone know when Carroll could have sustained this ankle injury. I've looked and can't find when he could have done it. ;hmm
  • Making a sandwich?