TRANSFER WINDOW KLAXON - stand clear, this window is now closed

Comments

• I read somewhere the deal was pulled by Anderlecht because it left them with no time to find a replacement - which is highly likely if only 2 hours are left in the window ;lol

It still points to trying to squeeze it all into the last day
  • I was listening to a football agent on the radio this afternoon who said it normally takes 4-6 weeks of negotiations to complete a transfer and that the January window doesn't allow enough time. It didn't make it clear which player he was talking about but he said that it's not as simple as club A bidding for a player from club B and that's it. Especially in January most clubs will only complete a deal if they have a replacement in line which will come to fruition which is why the Sanchez affair etc took so long.
    For all we know we may have had bids in since Jan 1 but couldn't finish the deals off.
  • edited February 2018
    Baracks,

I heard they couldn't get Mitrovic back from Newcastle because they couldn't raise the funds by selling one of their players.
  • I read somewhere the deal was pulled by Anderlecht because it left them with no time to find a replacement - which is highly likely if only 2 hours are left in the window ;lol

It still points to trying to squeeze it all into the last day

Barracks
    I think that the deal that was pulled was Mitrovic to Anderlecht because the Dendonker deal with us fell through
  • Fortune beat me to it!
  • bbb,

We heard the same report, unless it was fake news! ;wink
  • I know it can take 4 weeks at least of you are buying an Atletico Bilbao player because you have to be a Basque to play for them.
  • Ahem. Athletic Bilbao.
  • Sorry my mistake.
  • It seems quite incredible that Leicester wouldn't let us have Slimani because of Karen Brady.
    What on earth does she actually do that is positive for this club ? All she seems to do is upset everyone.
  • Because she is part of the board with there ego

• Clappers on another thread has said it's time for a change at the top as the 2 Davids can't deliver on what they may genuinely like as they haven't got the funds to bankroll it.

I have no doubt that their business intentions are good regarding the club as a whole. Lets face it, it is their business after all and no one wants their own business to go foul.
    If they haven't got the bunce to back up their targets and claims then I'd like to see them keep quiet about pretty much everything and get on with the job in hand.
    If that isn't achievable or they can't keep out of the spotlight for one min then the writing is on the wall and should allow someone to take the club on who will.

There's plenty of other clubs owners who get on with it without the need of the celebrity of being a football club owner.

• I am looking forward to seeing what the boy Hugill can do and I am sure he will be giving it his all in these coming games as he has it all to prove.
  • Baroness Karren Brady, the modern face of the House of Lords and the best example of the justification for its abolition.
  • Bubbles

Oh, I think we can come up with better justification...

• Are they actually alive?
  • Serving the country splendidly well there ;lol
  • I'd like to be paid £300+ per day to sleep.
  • The guy in the maroon tie, is still there, incidentally.

He died two weeks ago.
  • I'll do it £150.

#racetothebottom
  • MrsGrey ;lol , but are you sure that's not Madame Tussaud's
    ;biggrin
  • Wow I assuming a nice lunch with a bottle of red contributes to that picture.

I forget now the details but I once saw an article about the Bar Bill for the Lords, they drink like FISH....
  • edited February 2018
    At least it's taken our minds off the Transfer Window and Tony Henry for a bit ;biggrin
  • I'd like to be paid £300+ per day to sleep.

I got sacked for being awake on the job. Made everyone else look bad ;puzzled
  • Last century, I worked as a labourer on a German building site. In a 12-hour day, the British and Irish workers used to have to sneak off and hide for the last 6 hours to not show up the German crews, (and probably to still get paid for the full day)
  • Grey

Not sure where or how you got that picture but I am so pleased you did, I am sitting on a train at 6.30am and the temperature is a bone chilling 2 degrees Fahrenheit.

That picture made me laugh out loud and I am not talking about this LOL nonsense, I mean really laugh out loud.

;clap
  • Baroness Karren Brady, the modern face of the House of Lords and the best example of the justification for its abolition.

Why stop there, I understand the house next door is currently undergoing some renovations, looks beyond repair to me. Perhaps the wrecking ball would be the cheaper/better option. After the house has been vacated, of course.
  • V for Vendetta it and don't look back.
This discussion has been closed.