The twonk that is... Mark Lawrenson

Comments

• Darlin'

The internet lies.

scared-child
  • Lawro is football's number one expert in the same way that Brendan Rodgers invented the game
  • I've always thought that Sam Tomkins was a very shrewd football pundit, even though his main sport is with the oval ball....
  • Come on folks - let's admit it, it's a relief he predicted us to lose. Think how nervous we would be if he predicted a win!
  • So his goal for prediction still stands at 5. I make it 22 goals that we have scored. Close Lawro.
  • edited October 2015
    Also can anyone guess how many games before this one Lawro has predicted Watford to win this season?
  • edited October 2015
    I think he knows by the law of averages he will get a West Ham result right one day.
    However his reasoning for Watford winning is just pathetic.
    I think it is clear that his predictions are based clearly on his dislike of West Ham and have nothing whatsoever to do with football reasons.
    If it makes him feel any better I can confirm that his feelings towards West Ham are reciprocated.
    The mans a fool!!
  • Also can anyone guess how many games before this one Lawro has predicted Watford to win this season?
    zero2
  • Darlin'

The internet lies.
    ;nonono

I mean to say ;nonono

But, but , but

#worldcrashingdownaroundmyears
  • Just back on the tangent that is Lawro, fine if he wants to predict a Watford win but at least look at how many we have scored and go for 3-2 or 4-3 or something like that.
    When you have predicted a total of 5 points and 5 goals and the reality is 20 points and 22 goals at least make it look like you think.
  • I don't reckon 'think' and 'Lawro' fit in the same sentence Moojor ;ok
  • I think Lawro is an idiot.
    will that do?
  • I think Lawro is an idiot.
    will that do?
    In German we say (as you probably know) that thinking/believing means not knowing.

Judging from all that he has said over the past seasons we KNOW he is an idiot. So 'think' and Lawro are still words that must't be used in the same sencence.

• I do not think, I KNOW that Lawro is an idiot.
    How about that then?
  • Well, if you don't think then you're as bad as him. ;whistle
  • Turkish Delight, there is nothing delightful about them.
  • You just know as a result of this thread Lawro's predication for Saturday will be correct.

#TheWestHamWay ;biggrin
  • He has a new book out soon , it's called An Irrational Hatred of West Ham ;lol
  • On the plus side the more we win, the more Lawro looks like a twonk.

We'd be in the relegation zone if his predictions were correct ;lol
  • I do think we've had very little credit from a number of pundits/media. We 'took a gamble' changing managers apparently, that manager has brought in players like Payet and Lanzini, we've beaten City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool already. Where's the credit?
  • Oh and how rude of me... Lawro's a twonk.
  • Twist

I don't think anyone could argue that Bilic wasn't a gamble, since he had no experience in the PL.

Plenty of good managers have come to the PL and failed miserably.

It would seem that he wasn't the owners' first or even second choice for the job.

It's delightful that (at least so far) the gamble seems to have paid off, and long may it continue, but it was a gamble.
  • Grey, I agree it was a gamble but that's my point, look at the job he's doing! He deserves much more credit than he's (not) getting?
  • TBH Twist, I'd much rather we were sailing under the radar.
  • edited October 2015
    From the official West Ham twitter account ;clap ;lol:

West Ham United FC
    @whufc_official
    LAWRO: @BBCSport 'football expert' Mark Lawrenson has excelled with his #WHUFC and @WatfordFC predictions so far...

• ;lol I was talking about Lawro at the SAB meeting...

They were listening ;puzzled
  • Twist ;ok

Oh, and, of course