Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• I bet Slav's press conferences are going to be entertaining ;wahoo
  • No negativity please

#Bilic
    #WeBelieve
  • Pottsy + Cottee very pleased with the appointment ;clap
  • Ok - getting to this thread a bit late, but really chugged and excited at Slaven Bilic's appointment - no hard facts of course but it just feels so right.

COYI
  • Slightly worrying thing in that during his first 18 months at Besiktas he failed to hold onto any 1-0 or 2-0 leads.
  • edited June 2015
    Slightly worrying thing in that during his first 18 months at Besiktas he failed to hold onto any 1-0 or 2-0 leads.
    Just trying to get my head round this. Does that mean he didn't win any games? Or does it mean they only games he won was after he fell behind? ;hmm
  • Transfer/squad comments moved to here:

http://www.whu606.com/discussion/8552
  • I can't wait for the transfers to be done and the new season to start.
    Bilic wasn't who i was hoping for but I am sure he can do a great job, so looking forward to seeing flowing attacking football & hopefully a few more goals "for us".
    coyi
  • Next manager lining himself up already!!!

Takeb from bbc gossip...

Midfielder Ravel Morrison may only be 22 and had his West Ham contract terminated in February, but he wants to take charge of the club in future. He writes on Twitter: "One day I would love to manage West Ham and take them to the Champions League.
  • and take them to the Champions League.
    So he aspires to drive the team bus then?
  • Super, super Slav ;quaver

• ;quaver
    Slaven Bilic's claret and blue army ;quaver
  • It will be great to hear the crowd singing the managers name again.
  • I'd hope he earns it first.

The crowd never did it for Curbs, as far as I remember, and he was far more one of our own.
  • Agreed.

But some will want to get that chant going early doors.....for reasons I will not mention.
  • Grey, indeed but this sort of thing isnt always empirical.
  • I hope and expect the fans to sing it from the first appearance and get behind him straight away.

It will be Interesting to see how some of Sams faithfuls perform too.
  • I don't see why anyone would expect fans to sing his name.

He hasn't done anything other than take the job.

Why should all fans get behind him when they didn't for the last few managers?

Did people expect the fans to sing Curbishley's name?

If so, they were clearly disappointed, and Curbs was properly 'one of us'.

Personally, I'll do what I have always done - get behind the man who is given the job of managing the team.

Just a shame that isn't the case for everyone, but it isn't a perfect world.

Also, it feels a bit ironic that those who were hyper-critical of previous managers should now expect everyone to sing paeans of praise from the same hymn sheet just because they approve of the current incumbent.
  • I won't sing his name until I feel he has earned it. That's my position with any manager.

It doesn't mean I won't be supportive.
  • edited June 2015
    ;ok Grey

I chant everyone's name* - all West Ham players, all West Ham managers... new and old.

Do those that suggest what I should and should not chant actually go. Whilst those that don't can say what they want about a game they don't get to lecture me.

*not Grant
  • Agreed.

But some will want to get that chant going early doors.....for reasons I will not mention.
    Me, because I'm a big mouth.

coyi
  • ;quaver I cheer who I want, I cheer who I w-a-aant

Any anyone who doesn't like it, can jump in the lake.

;biggrin

• Suze

Anything would be better than

'We are West Ham's Claret and Blue Army'

That always made me cringe.
  • Grey

I didn't sing that, I put the managers* name in.

*not Grants
  • managers new and old and future (ravel morrison)
  • ;lol Have you got that asterisk not Grant on a macro?
  • Yes ;biggrin
  • Cheered me up.
  • edited June 2015
    It needs to be said every time, I can't have people thinking I liked him.
This discussion has been closed.