Wolves (away) 3pm Saturday 14 January (not on TV)

edited January 2023 in Match Threads
After our first win over Brentford since 1993 we go to Molineux although Wolves have a trip to Forest on Wednesday for the League Cup quarter final.

Wolves have the unenviable record of scoring the fewest goals in the PL this season, 11 in 18 games, with their only league wins so far against Everton, Forest and Saints

Raul Jimenez was back in the starting XI on Saturday for the first time since he returned from injury, replacing Diego Costa, although joint top scorer (4) Daniel Podence was missing with a knock

An away draw at least?

Comments

• Forgot wolves have a game on Wednesday ,lets hope that helps us
  • A win please & nothing else. 😉
  • Wolves are on a new manager bounce, and will be every bit as tough as Brentford. I'm hoping Bowen finds his shooting boots and PackettAH continues to improve.
  • edited January 2023
    Saw a tweet that Lanzini & Fornals are in the top 3 for most ‘presses’ over the last 12 months.
  • Fabianski
    Johnson - Dawson - Aguerd - Emerson
    Fornals - Rice - Paqueta
    Bowen - Benrahma
    Scamacca
  • Wolves put out a strong team against Forest with seven changes from the starting XI against Liverpool

Jiminez starts for the second time in a row, Podence is fit enough for the bench but Diego Costa is noticeable by his absence
  • And they're losing. 🤷‍♂️
  • edited January 2023
    They lose on penalties, hopefully they don't get themselves back up for our game 🤞🤞🤞.

Scuffles between players afterwards too, not a good look.
  • This is a huge game, because if we lose it really does start to look bleak. I hope the form shown in the last two games will mean we can take a win from this game. I hope it’s a sign of turning the corner but I think it is very difficult to stay positive if we come out of this with 0 points.
  • edited January 2023
    I think Moyes will, personally, go with:

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Ogbonna - Aguerd
    Coufal - Fornals - Rice - Paqueta - Emerson
    Bowen - Scamacca

I think he’ll leave Dawson out after the rumours with Wolves.
  • Lukerz said:

This is a huge game, because if we lose it really does start to look bleak. I hope the form shown in the last two games will mean we can take a win from this game. I hope it’s a sign of turning the corner but I think it is very difficult to stay positive if we come out of this with 0 points.

Also, if we lose, it makes the Everton game so much tougher.
  • Lukerz said:

I think he’ll leave Dawson out after the rumours with Wolves.

I think Dawson is completely professional enough for any potential rumours not to affect Moyes's decision to select him.
  • Getting more and more stressed out as the week goes on
  • Zouma being back would really help us. Felt we were relatively strong defensively with him playing.
  • I've been waiting for some training photos in the hope that we might see Zouma or Cornet, but no photos so far this week which is unusual imo.
  • edited January 2023

I've been waiting for some training photos in the hope that we might see Zouma or Cornet, but no photos so far this week which is unusual imo.

Zouma posted a picture of himself training last week and Moyes said he was getting back into training before Brentford.

Cornet wrote this: "the disappointment is big ... disappointed not to be able to return the love you showed me when I joined the West Ham family... the road is long but the end is near! thank you all for your many messages, rehabilitation is going very well, see you soon. Happy New Year everyone!❤️ Maxi"
  • Thanks for that Outcast. Was Cornet's message after the treatment he went to France for?
  • I think so Buffy, it was posted on his Instagram 6 days ago. Wasn't the treatment before that?
  • Cornet was going to Paris for one last attempt at an injection, if that doesn't work he will have surgery. Lets hope the injection works, a fit Cornet would be very welcome at the moment.

This was posted on 3rd Jan on another thread, not sure where Whitehorse got his information or when the injection was, but yeah, hopefully he's finally got to the bottom of the issue. 🤞🤞🤞

• edited January 2023
    I imagine Zouma will be available in the next couple of games or so, if not Wolves.

Cornet seems like he could be out for a while.
  • I think that came from a Moyes reply to an injuries question. His latest comments don't say if his rehab is from the injection or surgery.
  • No mention of injured players at all in today's presser:

https://www.whufc.com/news/moyes-wolves-lopetegui-and-pushing-after-brentford-win

🤔🤔🤔
  • No Dawson today apparently.
  • Unveiled by Wolves before the game 🤦‍♂️
  • Comes out in West Ham tracksuit and takes it off to reveal a Wolves kit and then DDTs David Moyes
  • edited January 2023
    Fabiański, Coufal, Aguerd, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Rice (c), Souček, Bowen, Paquetá, Fornals, Antonio
    Subs: Randolph (GK), Benrahma, Downes, Johnson, Kehrer, Lanzini, Emerson, Scamacca, Zouma

Lukerz and Ironherb called it right, Dawson not even in the squad. Antonio starts ahead of Scamacca who is returning from injury, and about the only good news is Zouma makes the bench.

We need to score plenty, a back 4 with Cresswell and Ogbonna scares the life out of me.
  • Three left footers in the back four! Wild.
  • Going to be big movements at the bottom of the table

Everton v Southampton
    Wolves v West Ham
    Forest vs Leicester

• edited January 2023
    Moyes hates Benny pass it on.
  • might take a point ,at lest its not a loss