Wolves (away) 3pm Saturday 14 January (not on TV)

Comments

• edited January 2023
    2-0, but flagged offside, close though, VAR checking. Offside, still 1-0.

FT.
  • We're a complete shambles of a team at the moment and I'm not sure how we're going to get ourselves out of this mess.

Well we can't sack the entire playing staff, so I know where I'd start.

Obviously no guarantees that a new manager will turn the tide, but I'm absolutely convinced that Moyes definitely won't.
  • He just has to go but like i said before i reckon the board give him the Everton game (last one in Jan) before giving him the boot
  • Dismal. How can a team in the 6/7 turn into this, and that after spending about £160 million. There is no resilience, fight, defending or attacking in the team. Need to change the manger now, not next week or we have a relegation fight. It is not just this game or the last few, we have struggled for a year.
  • That has to be it for Moyes.
  • As bad as Everton are I can easily see them beating us next week. We are an absolutely clueless mess of a team. The only positive thing from todays game is that we only conceded one when normally it’s two.
    We know that if, and it’s a big if, we score first we can’t hold onto it and if we concede first then it’s a massive uphill struggle. Go two behind and it’s game over.
    I’ve no confidence whatsoever at the moment that we can turn this around. We can’t even put a run of two draws together and can’t remember our last win.
  • Being realistic I think that’s the title gone if I’m honest.
  • edited January 2023
    Slacker said:

Being realistic I think that’s the title gone if I’m honest.

But now trying to be serious, your humour is fine......
    BUT.....
    a question for you.
    Do you beleieve we should stick with Moyes? simple, yes or no....
  • Looking at Moyes on the touchline I think he knows he's out of ideas.
  • Slacker said:

BUT.....
    a question for you.
    Yes.
  • Don't think we have anything to loose by getting rid ,but might gain with someone who can get us uping our game by 10 or 20 percent
  • Simple yes or no. Slacker, are you David Moyes 🤣
  • I think the way football is these days doesn’t help. If (when) we go down the new signings all know they can move on and there’s no inspiration in the team as we are being captained by someone who openly states to the media that he wants to leave for CL football and it’s a known fact he will go at the end of the season.
    Unless we have a big name lined up getting rid of Moyes now would be a mistake because I can’t think of anyone currently out of work who would be a step up.
    The players really need to look at themselves and acknowledge that they are seriously underperforming especially the forwards who currently couldn’t hit a door if they were holding the handle.
  • As bad as Everton are I can easily see them beating us next week. We are an absolutely clueless mess of a team. The only positive thing from todays game is that we only conceded one when normally it’s two.
    We know that if, and it’s a big if, we score first we can’t hold onto it and if we concede first then it’s a massive uphill struggle. Go two behind and it’s game over.
    I’ve no confidence whatsoever at the moment that we can turn this around. We can’t even put a run of two draws together and can’t remember our last win.

Nailed it!
  • Slacker said:

Slacker said:

BUT.....
    a question for you.
    Yes.
    Fair enough..I respect your opinion, but hey, I don't agree with you!...
  • Hamstew said:

Simple yes or no. Slacker, are you David Moyes 🤣

Nope, are you really a scary clown?🤷🏻‍♂️

• edited January 2023
    @Slacker, IF you aren't just trying to wind people up here, then the question has to be why Yes?
  • Slacker said:

Hamstew said:

Simple yes or no. Slacker, are you David Moyes 🤣

Nope, are you really a scary clown?🤷🏻‍♂️

You know I am
  • Who would have thought lingard made the right move going to forest instead of us,
  • We don't have the poll option on here anymore, do we? I'd be genuinely interested to see the Moyes In v Moyes Out numbers.

My Twitter feed is unanimous but admittedly that can be an echo chamber, so I'd like to see the question on a more neutral platform.
  • We don't have the poll option on here anymore, do we? I'd be genuinely interested to see the Moyes In v Moyes Out numbers.

My Twitter feed is unanimous but admittedly that can be an echo chamber, so I'd like to see the question on a more neutral platform.

Perhaps someone could start a new thread with a simple question and answer, twist or stick....
  • Didn't even bother watching after I saw the team sheet

Moyes is a dead man walking and I don't think he has any idea how to fix this
  • I think the root cause of our situation started with the quest for European competition. This necessitated a larger squad which has led to signings that have either been injured, still to integrate or are unsuitable. Moyes, who it is said, prefers a smaller squad, has still to find his best team. I don't think he ever will and the longer it goes on the worse it gets.
    It needs a fresh pair of eyes and some new ideas, before it's too late, if it's not already.
  • @Slacker, IF you aren't just trying to wind people up here, then the question has to be why Yes?

I was asked to answer yes or no.
    How in any world is my answer a wind up?🤷🏻‍♂️

• He keeps picking the wrong line up IMHO & just reverts to type by picking some of last seasons players who are now simply not good enough or so off form. Cresswell? Antonio who has a mood as he is not first choice but why should he be? Ogbonna hasn't got over his injury and is lacking, Soucek & Bowen need a break. How many of the new players started today - 2 and how many were on the bench - Four. What has Benrahma got to do to start?
  • Slacker said:

@Slacker, IF you aren't just trying to wind people up here, then the question has to be why Yes?

It just my opinion, ok, but I am really struggling to see how anyone can say we should keep him as a manager based on the last years Premier League statistics. If someone would like to give me a couple of reasons why he should stay I would be interested to hear them when we could appoint a better calibre of manager before it's too late.
  • Slacker said:

It just my opinion, ok, but I am really struggling to see how anyone can say we should keep him as a manager based on the last years Premier League statistics. If someone would like to give me a couple of reasons why he should stay I would be interested to hear them when we could appoint a better calibre of manager before it's too late.
    I think I’ve answered that in the in or out thread.

• @Slacker, Just seen that. Thanks.
  • Getting sick of moyes coming out with the same old stuff after every game