Wolves (away) 3pm Saturday 14 January (not on TV)

1235»

Comments

• @Slacker, IF you aren't just trying to wind people up here, then the question has to be why Yes?

I don’t think Slacker’s trying to wind anyone up or should be accused of it. I think how you approach supporting your team is a personal, emotional and mostly irrational thing and I don’t think anyone should have their view belittled. Obviously you can debate that view but if people desperately want Moyes out, or want him to stay, or want more transfers, or don’t like his lineups and subs then that’s fine. Don’t think it affects any of the rest of us.

If you don’t like it, sigh and move on.

(Not targeted at Fortune, just my view on some of the stuff here these days.)
  • steve said:

Who would have thought lingard made the right move going to forest instead of us,

JLingz, nothing more than JLingz... Trying to forget my feelingz of love...
  • In an earlier post I said I couldn’t remember the last time we won. That’s been solved…..it was 24th October….nearly 3 months ago.
  • We should buy De Zerbi and half the Brighton team. That'll sort relegation out.

The only good thing about this season is that there are a lot of games left (actually and we aren't yet having to make up any number of points to get out of bottom 3).

Classic relegation teams cant score goals. This worries me the most.
  • edited January 2023

…. Ogbonna hasn't got over his injury and is lacking, Soucek & Bowen need a break.

Haven’t they just had a long break?
    Ogbonna does not look confidant at all.
  • Yes neither was involved in the World Cup and had a holiday followed by a pre season.
  • @Slacker, Apologies if my comment was uncalled for. It was me perceiving you were just saying Yes to gain a reaction. You have explained why you said it.

@MIAHammer, That makes their performances even worse doesn't it.
  • For me, I would be amazed if the powers that be are not looking for a replacement, the problem is that they probably recognize that we need someone, but not just anyone.

When that someone becomes available then that is when the trigger is pulled, it does not make sense to me to say that following any particular game that the manager must go when a suitable replacement has not been lined up.

The recent run of results has probably accentuated the search and I am hopeful that it bears fruit, until then, I am happy that the role remains DMs to lose or rescue.

• Since returning from the World Cup, Rice has been a shadow of his former self and was mediocre today. I don't think his heart is at WHU and having a captain who openly says that he wants to go can't be good for morale of other players. He should be sold now and the money be handed to a new manager who can bring players who are hungry.

Contract disputes with Coufal and Soucek haven't helped and both were poor today. Ogbonna has passed it. Cresswell and Antonio and shadows of their former selves.
    Paquetá and Scamacca haven't delivered. OK, defence may be strengthened with Zouma's return but we don't look like scoring from open play. May be it is worth throwing in some selected young player. At least, they will be hungry.

We need at least 8 wins from the remaining 19 games to get near the 40-point magic mark, and in view of the form from 2022 onward Moyes isn't going to deliver that. So the Board needs to act now
  • I thought Coufal had a decent game.
  • IronHerb said:

I thought Coufal had a decent game.

I thought Aguerd looked class, it will be interesting to see him and Zouma playing together
  • IronHerb said:

I thought Aguerd looked class, it will be interesting to see him and Zouma playing together
    Perhaps they can play up front!
  • IronHerb said:

ASLEF, it's a dot on the cards that as soon as Zouma is fit, Aguerd will be injured.
  • ASLEF, it's a dot on the cards that as soon as Zouma is fit, Aguerd will be injured.

As Local used to say "again with the negative waves, Moriarty"
  • I miss LGH.

What happened to him. Does anyone know?
  • Hamstew said:

I miss LGH.

What happened to him. Does anyone know?
    Or Suze? One day she was posting regularly, the next day she disappeared from view.
  • I think she gave up her season ticket and was following the women's team. Could be Hamstew's fault, he did traumatize her with the clown hahaha
  • That story still makes me laugh when he was out for a run in his West Ham shirt with XL holidays on as the sponsor and some random lady had a go at him as XL had just gone bust and she had lost her holiday. Like it was Locals fault 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😂