Couldn't think - from Dec 2022

Comments

• Great player rip

• edited December 2022
    Went to Newham Bookshop (743-745 Barking Rd) yesterday to pick up a copy of Mark Noble's book "Boleyn Boy"

The owner told me that back in November Noble was signing copies at the shop and people started queuing up at 9am even though he wasn't due to be there until 2pm.

They sold the 400 copies they had and Noble had to fetch some more from the boot of his car.

She also tipped me off that Dicks has a new book coming out in June
  • Went to Newham Bookshop (743-745 Barking Rd) yesterday to pick up a copy of Mark Noble's book "Boleyn Boy"

The owner told me that back in November Noble was signing copies at the shop and people started queuing up at 9am even though he wasn't due to be there until 2pm.

They sold the 400 copies they had and Noble had to fetch some more from the boot of his car.

She also tipped me off that Dicks has a new book coming out in June

I'm amazed that there's actually a bookshop. =)
  • Its been there since 1978, excellent local bookshop with West Ham connections. Bought a signed copy of Clyde Best's autobiography there a few years ago.

I get all my new books from there as I refuse to give money to Mr Bezos
  • Why wouldn’t there be? As Aslef says, a fantastic bookshop, used to go as a child and should go more. Viv cares a lot about the people who come through as well.

Funnily enough, I was actually planning to go there yesterday but with the Christmas opening hours couldn’t organise myself to get there in time.
  • I’ve deleted all my West Ham social media stuff.It’s one thing having a proper discussion about the manager and or players but it’s just got so toxic that it made me want to hurl. The final straw was some “fan” who on two separate comments said he wished Moyes was dead.
    Yup that’s me done.

That’ll learn em eh?
  • That's what's so nice about this place, and a wonderful testament especially to Grey, Mrs Grey and the mods but also all the members here. We might have widely differing views on a lot of things, but we've got enough perspective (except Ham wrt Palace 😂🤣😂) to realise that although we'd all really want to see our beloved West Ham do well, it's really not THAT important in the grand scheme of things.
  • I unfollowed almost all football-related social media stuff a long time ago. If it's not toxic fans, it's trolls trying to wind up the toxic fans.
  • Moyes out 😜
  • edited December 2022
    Well the steaks are all seasoned and the Jack Daniels is being gradually depleted,happy New Year fellow Irons.❤️⚒
  • And to you and yours Slack
    And the rest of the WHU fam and extended
  • Happy New Year to you all……and at the moment survival by the end of May will do the job.
  • A better 2023 for west ham and all you lot
  • MrsG, Can we please have an update on how your move is progressing?
  • 😂
    Ok.
    Almost finished... A few issues that needed sorting out along the way, but expecting to exchange contracts in a week or so, and complete 3 days later. ( No chain, cash buyer, flat is unoccupied now so can be speedy about it all.)

I expect to move back to London mid February.

Although (one of the issues I alluded to above), there will be a period of about 10 weeks when there is no lift. So unless I can get moved in before the lift replacement work starts, I'll have to live somewhere else cos I'll have no furniture! Can't carry furniture and all my goods and chattels up to the 8th floor 😃
  • Anybody else want to share their house moving tales?
  • MrsG, You could invite us “all” around to form a chain & we would have your furniture etc up to the eighth floor in no time. 😁
  • Happy New Year everyone, may it bring health and happiness to you and your own.
  • MrsG, You could invite us “all” around to form a chain & we would have your furniture etc up to the eighth floor in no time. 😁

A group of ten to fifteen 60-70 year olds? I think anything above the second floor would be considered a bonus. 😂
  • I could get a chair up there. I could sit on it when I get tired or need a drink 😉
  • Is there going to be free pizza and beer ,cause i could make the trip over from Canada =)
  • I could bring the Jack.🤷🏻‍♂️
  • edited January 2023
    Seb Haller is back 🙌🏻🙏🏻🖤💛
  • edited January 2023
    Slacker said:

I could bring the Jack.🤷🏻‍♂️

Can't see how that's going to be much help. =)
  • I would rather Fleetwood Mac than Jack.
  • Just watched a great documentary on the 1970 World Cup.
    Certainly brought back some memories for me, some long forgotten players and wonderful footage of the games.
    Obviously it’s very dated, not least the commentary, but we’ll worth a watch.
    It’s on i player.
  • But at least the dated commentary was indeed commentary and not a constant stream of lists or irrelevant little known facts or in-jokes with co comms.
  • edited January 2023
    Please tell me some here is watching the darts? I can't believe what I've just seen.
This discussion has been closed.