Transfer Deadline Day: Goodbye Big Daws

The final day of what has been an incredible window for West Ham is upon us. Suggestions are that we're not done yet and there may be another player or two coming to the Bowl.

Bednarek appears to be the closest, poised to join on loan (with an option), should Moyes allow Dawson his move up north. Broja continues to be linked, as he has been all summer, but a move may depend on who Chelsea manage to bring in.

We have two domestic loans left and I think Moyes will use them. And I wouldn't rule out another permanent buy because, well, after £170m already spent, why not?

So sit back, relax, and enjoy Forest signing another half a dozen players.

Comments

• I want to see the yellow polo shirt!
  • The Mail is saying that Wolves will pay £5.25m for Dawson. Instinctively that feels like a good deal for us.

Never thought we'd turn a profit on him, to be honest. Although didn't he make the EL Team of the Season? Maybe we should have asked for more.
  • edited September 2022
    Will be interested to see where Ashby is come 11pm. Rumours of a permanent move to Newcastle or a loan move to PNE have been circulating recently.

Personally, I'd rather keep him here, particularly as Johnson is injured. I think he'd get a decent number of games across the cup competitions.
  • edited September 2022
    Deadline Day

Rumours Out:-

- Ashby (Links to a deal to Newcastle on a Permanent or Loan move to Preston)
    - Dawson (Strongly linked with Wolves and Aston Villa)

Rumours In:-

- AWB (Ten Hag has reportedly said AWB is staying until at least January)
    - Elvedi
    - Bednarek (Strongly linked with a loan move to us should Dawson be sold)
    - Barkley (Comments from Moyes indicate a possibility)
    - Vanaken (new deal signed with Club Brugge)

Anymore to the list going into the final day of Ins and Outs?
  • I think the only players we may see leave are Dawson, Ashby and Coventry.

I can't see Chelsea letting Gallagher go with their issues in midfield, but I do think Broja is still a possibility on loan.

If I was a betting man, I'd say two out (Dawson and Coventry) and two in (Bednarek and Broja)
  • Seko Fofana signed a new deal @ Lens - Boo!
  • edited September 2022

Seko Fofana signed a new deal @ Lens - Boo!

So that's Sangare, Vanaken and now Fofana that have signed long-term extensions after being linked with us 😄
  • Mail reporting that we've asked Wolves about Dendoncker and may use Dawson as part of the deal.

£20m plus Dawson would be an excellent bit of business, IMO.
  • edited September 2022
    I would hate to see Ashby go to Newcastle. If Eddie Howe wants him and is prepared to pay a rumoured £2.5m then he's clearly a talent that we should be keeping. And anyway why help an EPL rival?
    Let him go to Preston and develop his game. His value would more likely be higher if we decide to sell him after all.
  • Mail reporting that we've asked Wolves about Dendoncker and may use Dawson as part of the deal.

£20m plus Dawson Dawson plus £20m would be an excellent bit of business, IMO.

Fixed it for ya. =)
  • Please make it stop.
  • Always a confusing day for me
    Seeing my face and thinking I don’t remember posting that 😂 🤦‍♂️
  • Ravel49 said:

Always a confusing day for me
    Seeing my face and thinking I don’t remember posting that 😂 🤦‍♂️

Glad I'm not the only one at sea 🤣
  • At least for once I seem to be making some very valid points
  • Deadline Day

- Elvedi
    - Dendoncker
  • Dawson, although not here long, has been a stand up guy and all round positive good egg. If he wants to be near his family then, because of his conduct, I'd want to see him happy (plus a nice profit if we get the 5M)
  • Just seen this pic and admit that when I see similar of Rice so happy it hearts my heart at the thought of him leaving. If he signed a new contract and stayed another 5 years he'd so be a club legend. I still have hope no matter how little it may be. Trying to enjoy him while he's here and will hate whichever club he may go to

• As an afterthought, who installed an invisible walkway at the stadium and didnt tell Fornals about it??
  • For info as I wasn’t sure myself

• Baz, they're just wearing the latest land version of these

• Oooooh if there was some blue with that claret I'd get some ;)
  • PL trio make Dendoncker approach
    Wolves have had approaches from Everton, West Ham and Aston Villa for Leander Dendoncker.
    It is understood to be 50/50 that they will let the Belgium international leave, with any deal likely to hinge on whether or not they can bring in a replacement so late in the window.
  • Ravel49 said:

PL trio make Dendoncker approach
    Wolves have had approaches from Everton, West Ham and Aston Villa for Leander Dendoncker.
    It is understood to be 50/50 that they will let the Belgium international leave, with any deal likely to hinge on whether or not they can bring in a replacement so late in the window.

It's rumoured that Wolves will accept £12m for him. If they want Dawson, then him and £7m for Dendoncker is (transfer window bingo) a no-brainer, IMO.

Game time might be an issue for the player though, but with a 50+ game season he'd get some decent minutes I reckon.
  • Well, it wouldn't be a West Ham transfer window without links to Caleta-Car.

Ex is reporting that we're in talks with him, and earlier Twitter noise was that he'd flown to the UK this morning.
  • Deadline Day

- Elvedi
    - Dendoncker (Sky Sports being chased also by Villa and Everton)
    - Caleta Car (ExWhu Unconfirmed Reports?)

• Saw the flight story then came 'Ex' to confirm tweet. At the 17th attempt (when we now have some great CBs already in!) are we signing him B)
  • (as other clubs are interested, do we really need him unless its really cut price?)
  • Bazshuayi said:

(as other clubs are interested, do we really need him unless its really cut price?)

If Daws go you'd imagine so

Seems the only reason Daws is going is his home situation, Moyes clearly would like to keep him but Daws is pushing this move
  • Just loaning Bednarek seems a more prudent decision. Maybe thats not as close as reported?