Brighton Away Sunday 22nd 16:00

The season finale with more excitement that game of thrones, will we overcome the pesky seagulls and stop them stealing our chips. Away win and Manu to lose, if carling made weekend results COYI

Comments

• Unchanged, for me. If Benrahma’s available I think he comes in for Lanzini.
  • Bad time to play a team that has always been a bogey side for us

After losing 6 on the bounce they have now had only 1 loss in their last 8 games

All to play for here, feel Palace will get points of United and a result here could get us 6th and Europa

Massive massive game
  • I'm sure Manu will want to win, even if he starts from the bench.
  • edited May 2022
    We've just given City a run for their money so Brighton shouldn't hold any fears. OK, we haven't beaten them recently but we need this win more than they do. 2-0 Hammers.
  • I think people underestimate how badly they will want to finish above Palace. They 100% have something to play for.
  • edited May 2022
    Brighton only have league position money to play for, so you'd hope they wouldn't be as up for it as much as we should be.

I'm with alderz; Benrahma for Lanzini and really go at them. Literally nothing to lose with 7th secure so we have to go all out for the win.

The problem is that Palace have nothing to play for either so they may not give Man U the game we hope they do. But we can't influence that so can only win our game and hope for the best.
  • I can only hope that enough of the Brighton players will be on orders from their wives not to get injured before their holidays 🤞
  • Palace are at home in front of their incredible fans, well a bloke with a drum and a few flags. Viera won't want to loose to United so they will be up for it imo.
  • Brighton have played 3-4-3 the last three matches with an unchanged starting XI apart from Pascal Gross coming in for the injured Enoch Mwepu. Jakub Moder is also injured

Sanchez
    Veltman Dunk Cucurella
    March Bissouma Calcedo Trossard
    Gross Wellbeck Allister

Neal Maupay has only started one game in the last seven and has only been subbed ont wice
  • Welbeck always seems to score against us. If he doesn't, Maupay will.

I think this might be another 2-2, y'know.
  • Wellbeck has only scored five goals in 18 against us, Maupay 2 goals in three but he's not getting much playing time at the moment.

Trossard is the one to keep an eye on, he's scored 4 in the last 6 appearances with two assists
  • Wellbeck has only scored five goals in 18 against us

It feels much more than that. Maybe those five have left a deeper scar than I can remember.
  • edited May 2022

Wellbeck has only scored five goals in 18 against us

It feels much more than that. Maybe those five have left a deeper scar than I can remember.
    He’s scored 5 goals against us, four of them have been in games his team have won, his goals include a 90th minute EFL cup winner, a 90th minute equaliser in the league, and an 85th minute winner.

Makes sense if they hurt a bit!
  • edited May 2022
    Lauro has gone for a draw. I didn't realise, but it his his last ever Premier League Predictions - maybe he's being relegated ... However a good tribute to his efforts over the last 20 years so and a nod to his West Ham predictions: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61493783
  • Areola
    Coufal - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio
  • Moyes this afternoon

"Said Benrahma should be fit for the game. Issa Diop's ankle is not quite right yet, but we'd expect Benrahma to be available."

Potter this afternoon

"Enock (Mwepu) will be involved in the squad, probably not from the start, but he will be in the squad. Jeremy Sarmiento the game comes too soon for him but he’s making good progress."

Jakub Moder still out with ACL

We've drawn the last 6 and lost 3 before that. Surely we are due a win?
  • Lukerz said:

Areola
    Coufal - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio

Bit harsh dropping Fab after he saved a penalty last week.
  • Absolutely no way Fabianski is not going to start the last game of the season
  • Just got tickets for me and my son. First away game ever and just down the road from us.
  • Home or away end Ham?
  • Away. I've been to this fixture before but sat with the weird Brighton fans.
  • Ronaldo injured for Utd which may help our 6th place quest...
  • edited May 2022

#Keep it up
  • edited May 2022
    Don’t worry about Man Utd, it’s going to be hard enough winning against Brighton.

I can’t see us winning today, annoyingly, going for a 1-1 at best. Only difference today is it’s a final game of season game. Usually we have played them twice quite early.
  • How many qualifying rounds would we play to make the group stages of Conference League?
  • We certainly won't lack motivation and hopefully will put in a Seville/Lyon type of performance. Bighton are decent but if we play well, assert ourselves etc they've mentally got no big reason to try that hard if we get and keep the upper hand. I am used to disappointment but I am also adept at getting past it quickly. Totally optimistic at 230am and wondering whether I should bother sleeping before the 8am kickoffs
  • edited May 2022
    Lukerz I think we go into the play offs and only have a two legged game to play.
  • Lukerz, Hopefully we will be seeded & we can actually get into the Group Stages.
  • Lukerz, Hopefully we will be seeded & we can actually get into the Group Stages.

Is this possible? Is there a way we could go straight to Group Stages?
  • Lukerz, I am not too sure but I reckon we will have to play a two legged Play Off as thorn indicated to progress. My comment about being seeded was to hopefully avoid one of the teams from the other bigger European leagues like Spain, France or Germany.