Brighton Away Sunday 22nd 16:00

12346»

Comments

• It got them a top 10 finish which is huge for them as a statement of intent
  • Leaving aside our poor performance and Moyes's permanent hesitation in using substitutes, I hate Brighton for all their moaning, whining, cheating, diving, plus we got nothing from Kevin Friend yesterday, it took him till the 83rd minute to book Maupay for deliberately kicking Ben Johnson.
  • Two season ago we finished 16th, 5 points from relegation, below Brighton, Palace and Newcastle.

The last two seasons have been magic and as long as we keep Moyes things can only get better
  • edited May 2022
    It was a shock (a very pleasant one) that we did so well 2 seasons ago and we started the last season in the same way. Yes, that extended period of performance led to higher hopes and expectations. Perhaps with any team initially seen punching above its weight, there's obviously a strong desire to maintain it and ways to potentially go about it.

As we progressed a little way through the season, Man Utd were a shadow of their 2nd place finish selves. Arsenal had shown little signs of any form and Spurs were terrible and getting rid of Nuno. We were in as good a shape as any team to challenge for that 4th spot.

We had that opportunity to strengthen (Villa getting Kamara I see today and talking with Tarkowski) in the Jan window and the thought of doing so prior to the window opening. The chance for history was there and at the end of the day the people responsible for bringing players in failed.

So yes two seasons of an appreciably higher level than recent history and reasons to be happy. But, for me, its still very much tinged with what might have been to take advantage...