Norwich away Sunday 8th 14:00 post Europe hangover

Comments

• A pleasing result to come home to. Yes, it was Norwich, but the game still had to be won and we appear to have done it quite comfortably.

Big win, though. Goes a long way to securing European Conference League football next season, and gives us an outside chance of Europa League. Really positive having something more to play for over the next two games.

Pleased for Benrahma. 16 G/A this season I think I read? That's pretty good for a player who has been in and out of the team all season. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad and he can go into the City game with confidence.

Look forward to seeing the highlights later for the first time in a long time.
  • I still like Benrahma tries to make things happen. Inconsistent but if he was better he wouldn't be here.
  • Just noticed there was no CB on the bench. Didn't Diop make the bench last time out? And no Alese either.

What happened when Dawson went off? Johnson at CB?
  • Rice at cb
  • And how were things without Soucek? Obviously didn't miss him, but how good was the midfield? Did Rice sit?
  • Penge our goal difference is 10 better than Utd’s and Wolves so it’s unlikely that goal difference is going to be an issue. Of course we could get a couple of hammerings and they could both have big wins but doubt it.
  • And how were things without Soucek? Obviously didn't miss him, but how good was the midfield? Did Rice sit?

Rice & Lanzini were the deeper & seemed to alternate to me, Fornals played more advanced.
  • Cheers Pathman, Lukerz 👍
  • Antonio & Dawson seemed fine but Benrahma ended up on crutches.
  • Wonder when the last time we scored 4 goals away from home 4 times in the league in a top-flight season.

I've only done this quickly, so it is possible I've made a mistake. BUT the fixtures tab in spreadsheet goes back to 1976-77 season, and I don't think we've scored 4 or more goals away from home 4 times in a single top flight league season until now.

The last time we scored 4 or more goals 4 times or more in the top flight (home and away) was 1985-86, I think.
  • alderz said:

Wonder when the last time we scored 4 goals away from home 4 times in the league in a top-flight season.

I've only done this quickly, so it is possible I've made a mistake. BUT the fixtures tab in spreadsheet goes back to 1976-77 season, and I don't think we've scored 4 or more goals away from home 4 times in a single top flight league season until now.

The last time we scored 4 or more goals 4 times or more in the top flight (home and away) was 1985-86, I think.
    Top statting 👏👏👏
  • edited May 2022
    That was a top result today. Well done to Moyes and players.
  • I only wish my away shirt had arrived in time for today :-)

I recently got my order. Decided to be a little different and go for a training top. Got it and it either runs a bit tight or I've put on a chunk of weight =)

• Not a "Kids medium" is it =)
  • alderz said:

Wonder when the last time we scored 4 goals away from home 4 times in the league in a top-flight season.

#Tumbleweed (see, I told ya ;) )
  • Bazshuayi said:

alderz said:

#Tumbleweed (see, I told ya ;) )
    Maybe I am the nerd of the forum but I love these statistical nuggets from alderz. Helps me keep a healthy perspective on how we are doing. I have supported West Ham from the 60's, went my first game in 1973, and can't remember a longer consistently successful time in terms of match results.
  • I think Alderz would win 'Statter of the Year' award. Again =)
  • I think Alderz would win 'Statter of the Year' award. Again =)

I don’t know, ASLEF does a lot of good stuff
  • Oh the modesty.😂
  • alderz said:

I think Alderz would win 'Statter of the Year' award. Again =)

I don’t know, ASLEF does a lot of good stuff
    Oh no, you're statistically so much better than I sir ;)
  • edited May 2022
    Without any disrespect to Alderz, but I think of him as "grasshopper" to Aslef's "Master Po". ;)
  • Without any disrespect to Alderz, but I think of him as "grasshopper" to Aslef's "Master Po". ;)

Shots fired...
  • alderz does original stats, aslef does research.
  • Shots returned...
  • What Mrs Grey said
  • What Mrs Grey said

I might as well get me coat then. ;)
  • Sorry, I couldn’t respond earlier as I’ve been presenting to the Government Data Science Festival. What was that about not being the best at stats?

• Hang on, I'm just popping my corn.
  • alderz said:

Sorry, I couldn’t respond earlier as I’ve been presenting to the Government Data Science Festival. What was that about not being the best at stats?

If there's one thing worse than arrogance.

Soooooo smug. =)
  • MrsGrey said:

alderz does original stats, aslef does research.

Sounds like you’re saying that Alderz makes stuff up.