Norwich away Sunday 8th 14:00 post Europe hangover

Comments

• Shame benny was not given it to get the hatrick
  • He’s still got half an hour
  • Lanzini not Benrahma?

• edited May 2022
    Well this is rather nice and relaxing
  • edited May 2022
    Dawson still feeling his clash into the hordings, suggestions that Noble coming on with Rice to drop to CB; no CB on the bench.

Noble indeed has been introduced.
  • Let’s hope it’s just a knock
  • Happy birthday to the skipper.
  • Fans singing happy birthday to Noble ......Love it
  • Credit to the team, I feared this might go another way but we have controlled the game and looked worthy of our table position, given the disappointment from Thursday, this is a great performance.
  • Could have easily been 5 there
  • What a goal that would have been
  • edited May 2022
    Shoulda been another one, Fornals puts it wide from very close range after a lovely build up.
  • I only wish my away shirt had arrived in time for today :-)
  • Benrahma taking an age to shoot when 1v1
  • edited May 2022
    Benrahma was through and clear, but a last ditch tackle prevents him getting his shot away.

He's in some discomfort now, unfortunately. He's going off now, Vlasic to come on for the last 15 minutes.
  • Vlasic to get the winner against Citeh, you heard it here first :-)
  • Nice performance against admittedly poor opposition, the only worry is 3 injuries, 2 of them to players in positions that really have no cover for in the squad.
  • Away fans seem to be serenading all the players in turn.
  • Good save Fabianski when Pukki was 1-on-1.
  • Nice performance against admittedly poor opposition, the only worry is 3 injuries, 2 of them to players in positions that really have no cover for in the squad.

I can’t see Dawson or Antonio being serious
  • Wonder when the last time we scored 4 goals away from home 4 times in the league in a top-flight season.
  • Happy happy joy joy, best get cracking with the citeh thread
  • Proper professional performance, well done to all, keep on saying it but I am still surprised that we have not seen more of Vlasic, what little I have seen has not made me think that he deserves so little game time.

But what do I know

COYI
  • edited May 2022
    Big win, basically guarantees 8th and means Wolves must take at least 3 points from games against City and Liverpool to go above us - assuming we lose our last two.

Very professional, very focused, some nice football, good intensity & it could have easily been seven. I'm not sure the injuries are that serious; Benrahma looked the worst.

Can only beat what's in front of you but fair play to the lads.

Wouldn't put it beyond us beating City next week. Also wouldn't put it beyond Man Utd to lose at Palace. So 6th still alive if we can get another win from somewhere.
  • Next week is the last home game for Noble. Should be a special atmosphere. There's a lot of reason to put in a real performance.
  • Cannot realistically fancy us against City, but I agree that Man U are perfectly capable of tripping up against Palace meaning we have to be up for the game against Brighton.

Could be quite a proper last game of the season atmosphere with a lot to play for, and as fans, what more can we ask for.

COYI
  • Cannot realistically fancy us against City, but I agree that Man U are perfectly capable of tripping up against Palace meaning we have to be up for the game against Brighton.

Could be quite a proper last game of the season atmosphere with a lot to play for, and as fans, what more can we ask for.

COYI

No, but I think with Nobes final home game (as well as our final home game) there is going to be a celebratory atmosphere & it’s a game in hand on United. We know a win would put 6th in our hands on the final day. I think we’ll make it hard but I expect City to win.
  • Lukerz are you assuming then that Wolves are guaranteed to win their game in hand
  • A welcome win but a more ruthless team would have banged in a in an other couple to improve the goal difference, which could be crucial in the chase for Europa places. Hope the injuries aren't too serious Benrahma didn't look good.