Norwich away Sunday 8th 14:00 post Europe hangover

Comments

• Wolves have still to play Manchester City (H) & Liverpool (A) so hopefully 🙏 we will be ok if we can win tomorrow.
  • Brighton currently leading Man Utd. If that stays the same we could have a 7th place shoot out with them on the final day.
  • Not necessarily Lukerz that would give us a 6 point gap but they’d have 3 games to play against our 2 so 7 for them and none for us would pip us. Unlikely but knowing our luck far from impossible.
    Let’s win tomorrow first though.

Not going to happen with Liverpool and City to play
  • So with United 2-0 down and a tricky final day at Palace, we could still yet pip 6th
  • 3-0 now.

We still have Brighton to play though...
  • Got a thread for other games, Steve
  • edited May 2022
    Whoops Just following Lukez and OCS =)
  • edited May 2022
    We need to get ourselves up for it. The disappointment from the weekend and the opportunity that is there for us has to fuel these last three games, starting tomorrow.
  • Please dont put me on the naughty list with all the other bad people Mrs Grey =)
  • edited May 2022

We need to get ourselves up for it. The disappointment from the weekend and the opportunity that is there for us has to fuel these last three games, starting tomorrow.

It's become a must win game really. City and Brighton don't usually yield a lot of points for us, so we have to be absolutely on it from the off tomorrow.

I can understand that a European semi-final in Frankfurt is slightly more rousing than a Sunday afternoon by the Norfolk Broads, but the players have to be switched on.
  • If they had didn't like the taste of European football I'd be very surprised.
  • steve said:

Please dont put me on the naughty list with all the other bad people Mrs Grey =)

Ok. :-)

I was trying to move posts that were not specifically about the Norwich game but more about all the end of season ramifications. But I can't keep up with all the posts:-(
  • I was as annoyed as anyone over Creswell's mistake and feel it ended our chance. However I think we need show class. It's a shame it's an away match but nevertheless I think the hammers fans should cheer his name as loud as they can when it is announced and give him a song.

He made a mistake in defending, he didn't punch anyone and get sent off. He will be as gutted as anyone if not more but he has been West ham for a good number of years and served well. let him know we support him at this time and he will remember it all his life, and probably stop him feeling as he probably does now for the rest of his time here.

Europa is done now.
  • I agree it was not just creswell sending off that knocked us out , the fact we were chasing the tie after 50 secs in the first game was probably the main reason we never really were in controll for much of the two legs we had spells but we never lead once against a counter attacking team. Let’s smash Norwich and get European football again and do it all next year aswell
  • Match day ........And yet another must win game
  • edited May 2022
    The side today

Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Fornals - Rice - Lanzini
    Bowen - Antonio - Benrahma
  • Soucek dropped/rested the correct call imo
  • Lanzini and Benny together should be interesting
  • What is point of putty Kral on the bench week after week when he isn't going to get any minutes on the pitch? Surely, far better to give some youngsters as an experience of first team.
  • Only change for Norwich is Sorensen in for Norman

Same front four for five matches in a row

Krul
    Aarons Hanley Byram Williams
    Gilmour Sorensen
    Dowell Lees-Melou Rashica
    Pukki.
  • Pengeman said:

What is point of putty Kral on the bench week after week

Moyes hoping to mould him into the sort of player he wants? =)

• Penge now is not the time to blood youngsters. Lose today and Europe is probably gone
  • Our biggest league game of the season so far for me. Must win if we want a chance of 6th or even 7th.
  • Very hard to just switch form back on and find rhythm. This will be a grind today. Moyes decided to rotate after our good form in March/April and we've lost our way over the last seven games.
  • I do like Lanzini & Fornals playing centrally close to Rice. Benrahma stays wide left & we should be able to dominate the middle.
  • No idea why Benrahma is not shooting there
  • Our fans are in good voice today
  • Wish I had a stream