Eintracht Frankfurt (H) - Thursday 28th April, 8pm

Biggest game in a long, long time.

Well, since the quarter-final two weeks ago.

Comments

• Same side v Chelsea for me
  • Oh ok so Jordan has decided we’re drawing 0-0
  • alderz said:

Oh ok so Jordan has decided we’re drawing 0-0

Not when I change my profile pic to the Champions League logo right before kick-off. Then we're smashing them 4-0.
  • I only realised the other day that I’m going to see Tufnell & Agnew’s Test Match show on Thursday night.
    No phone, no radio and watch it “ live” when I get home.😳
  • Also, this is the Sebastian Haller derby.
  • Areola
    Johnson - Dawson - Cresswell
    Coufal - Soucek - Rice - Fornals
    Bowen - Lanzini
    Antonio

Huge game. Must make sure we are still in it going to Germany. A win would be nice but, like Lyon, going there level is not the end of the world.
  • I would really hope we can take at least a goal lead to Germany, they are depleted at the back in this first leg due to yellow cards and I think we need capitalise on that and our home advantage. We really benefit from teams coming onto us and a first goal in this first leg could decide the tie as they would need approach the home leg on the front foot.

They will fancy themselves as much as we do, if you can beat Barca at the Nou Camp you shouldn't fear anyone left in this cup.
  • Hopefully the rest is all Antonio needed….
    COYI ⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • Barca was there cup final ,So they cant have another one
  • I can’t see anything other than Luke’s team tbh
  • Hamstew said:

Same side v Chelsea for me

This will still be the best comment on this thread after the game
  • Slacker said:

I only realised the other day that I’m going to see Tufnell & Agnew’s Test Match show on Thursday night.
    No phone, no radio and watch it “ live” when I get home.😳

Instant memory jog of The Likely Lads episode when they try to avoid finding out the England score before highlights that evening
  • I remember it well mate.
    It’ll be so hard not to fast forward the recording on the night!
  • Hopefuly Coufal can stop Kostic getting crosses in cos they are quite an old school team who like to chuck it the mixer.
  • Not seen you here before Rex! Welcome!
    Excited for Thursday, focusing at work and not watching/reading everything I possibly can is going to be a challenge!
  • I work for a German bank based in Frankfurt so had a few co-workers in Germany asking if i can get them tickets which i had to decline . Looking forward to match hoping for another cracking atmosphere
  • Tickets and travel booked for Frankfurt. COYI
  • I'll be watching from in front of the telly,hoping the kids will let me. 😉
  • I'll be watching from in front of the telly,hoping the kids will let me. 😉
  • Hopefuly Coufal can stop Kostic getting crosses in cos they are quite an old school team who like to chuck it the mixer.

Welcome aboard, Your Majesty, pray allow me a small musical interlude. ;)

• No Alese for the U23s tonight.

Being saved for Thursday?

Or injured. Because, y'know, West Ham.
  • No Alese for the U23s tonight.

Being saved for Thursday?

Or injured. Because, y'know, West Ham.

He has to be the backup, surely. If anything happens to Dawson we will absolutely need him
  • I’m sure the atmosphere is going to be very special on Thursday. We as fans should make all the difference!
  • I feel sick constantly.
  • It’s ok Ham, Palace v Leeds has finished.
  • I see their manager on the UEFA comments is already saying on to the finals, lets make him eat those words
  • I am sure Lyon and Sevilla felt that also, and they had arguably more reason for confidence than he does.
  • I see their manager on the UEFA comments is already saying on to the finals, lets make him eat those words

I don’t get why they would say stuff like this. Literally Rice said after Lyon that we’d seen everything they said and it gave us extra motivation