Eintracht Frankfurt (H) - Thursday 28th April, 8pm

Comments

• Eintracht play 3-4-3, with CB Evan Ndicka banned the most likely replacement is Makoto Hasabe
  • The OS in their article on Johnson say we may only be 120 minutes away from our first European final in 46 years. That’s confidence believing we could have this settled before half time in the second leg.
  • We did in Lyon!
  • All I can think about is this game - I've got an ein-track mind =)
  • All I can think about is this game - I've got an ein-track mind =)

And should we get to the final, a Juan-track mind
  • Frankfurt fans seem to be extremely optimistic of reaching the final, simply because we're only West Ham. 🙄

They are also not happy about being told they can't buy any tickets for the stadium unless they are in the visitors' block. I have seen calls for us to be kicked out of the competition because of this. Or because they claim we never paid the agreed sum for Haller.
  • Frankfurt fans seem to be extremely optimistic of reaching the final, simply because we're only West Ham. 🙄

They are also not happy about being told they can't buy any tickets for the stadium unless they are in the visitors' block. I have seen calls for us to be kicked out of the competition because of this. Or because they claim we never paid the agreed sum for Haller.

FRANKFURT: West Ham should be kicked out of the competition!
    UEFA: Why?
    FRANKFURT: They won't sell tickets to away fans!
    UEFA: Yes, they have though?
    FRANKFURT: But only in the away end!
    UEFA: ...
    FRANKFURT: Hello...?
  • C&H says he's been told by a "key Hammers source" that Zouma might be fit enough for Thursday although more likely it will be next week

https://www.claretandhugh.info/zouma-its-top-news/
  • May I refer you to an earlier post -
    IronHerb said:
  • What a boost that would be! Zouma and Daws locking the door in defence.

I am not sure why Frankfurt feel so confident as they are not a top German side, should Liepzig get through and meet them I don't think Liepzig will be too worried. Currently 9th of 18 with a minus 2 goal difference, we are not exactly talking Dortmund here.
  • Couldn’t care if they’re over confident. Pride comes before a fall. Let them underestimate us. =)
  • You just know Zouma will play tomorrow
  • I'd be very happily surprised if he does, but next week would do just fine.
  • edited April 2022
    Leipzig and Frankfurt have drawn their last four meetings

Moyes on the squad this afternoon
    We've got most people available at the weekend available again, and we've got some people making good recoveries, but we don't know if they'll be ready yet
    Angelo Ogbonna's back, he only came back this week. When I say 'back' I mean back in the building, so I would be amazed if he played before the end of the season.

Kurt Zouma's back doing some light work - he's ahead of schedule which is really good - and Issa Diop is actually doing quite well as well. He just feels a little better than we first hoped, so there's a bit of positivity around those players, and because of that, it's given us a bit of positivity it won't be quite as long as we thought it would be.

I never rush players back. It's always better to make sure they're right, so we would only put players out if we thought they were trained and we thought fit and ready to play."
  • 'Leipzig and Frankfurt have drawn their last four meetings'

What has that to do with West Ham v Rangers? 🥳
  • Match day, COYI!
  • Don't think i have been on edge for a game since 2012 play off final ! Was awake early now got to get through the day which will no doubt drag before off to ground early
  • So glad that I’ll be sitting in a theatre listening to Tuffers and Agnew telling their cricket stories, much better than watching my beloved West Ham in the biggest game for 40 odd years.So far this morning I’ve checked that I’ve set the telly to record the game properly five times.
    In other news my son is flying back from NYC (work) today but not in time to get to the game so he’ll be watching it at Heathrow airport.He’s not happy.

• I actually will finish work in time to watch. I dont know if thats a good thing or not as working in previous games has taken some of the nervous tension away (when I've periodically checked the BBC for updates... Every 20 seconds)
  • Hammers News manages to tease some secret information out of Nobes:
    “Going into every game we go in with no details overlooked. The way the manager approaches every game is the same. We’ve looked at Frankfurt since we played Chelsea and we’ll look again in the morning and get ready for the game. I’m pretty sure, with the atmosphere tomorrow night, and the tea we’ve got, we’ll be in the game when we got to Frankfurt. I’ll be very surprised if we don’t.”
  • Wink wink, lasagne gate mark 2, the old tea lady showing up in the Frankfurt changing room with a little East End hospitality.

Joking aside we really need be more than in the game by the time we reach Frankfurt, we will hopefully be in control of it.
  • Would like at least a 2-0 lead to take to Frankfurt.
  • 2-0 would be great ,But would take a one goal lead

It sounds weird, but I wouldn’t want more than 2 tbh, I think the mentality for a second leg is difficult if it’s too comfortable.

It sounds weird, but I wouldn’t want more than 2 tbh, I think the mentality for a second leg is difficult if it’s too comfortable.
    But the mentality if you're 3 or 4 down wouldn't be too comfortable either?

#justhoping
  • I was hoping to get some sleep before the 3a.m. kick off. Not possible, I'm so wired up 😁
  • edited April 2022
    Can’t wait
  • Have we scored yet =)
  • IronHerb said:

Would like at least a 2-0 lead to take to Frankfurt.

But the mentality if you're 3 or 4 down wouldn't be too comfortable either?

#justhoping
    Well, true. I think it’ll be 1-1 anyway.
  • Thursdays are fast becoming a “behind the sofa” night for me! 🛋
    Just think how we’ll feel for the 2nd leg next week…….
    COYI ⚒