Eintracht Frankfurt (H) - Thursday 28th April, 8pm

Comments

• Looks like we should be pressing them higher up the pitch
  • Phew, great foot in by Cresswell, and then the shot finally goes wide; very nearly caught on the break.
  • We had a corner, we couldn’t be much higher. They attack with excellent speed
  • I’d find this quite entertaining if I was a neutral but as a Hammer it’s making me sweat.
  • We need to wake up big time here or this tie could be over tonight.

And as usual it’s not
  • This is a really good test. Very even sides who play similar but we are having to play how we don’t want to play first. Second leg will be interesting. Just need to stay in the tie.
  • Not too unhappy to be level at half time after conceding so early.
  • Loving this

Love this team, to conceded after 50 seconds could've knocked the stuffing out of us but we've battled back great
  • edited April 2022
    I think it’s a very high quality game, almost like a semi final
  • The two behind their striker are the main issues. Constantly getting in between the midfield & the defence. They are all over Rice & Soucek from a defensive POV.
  • Bowen is going to have a big half, he is looking really sharp!

Lots still to come in this match.
  • Lukerz said:

The two behind their striker are the main issues. Constantly getting in between the midfield & the defence. They are all over Rice & Soucek from a defensive POV.

Yep. Kamada especially.
  • Carlton getting his massives mixed up at half time.
  • They look like a pretty usefull team on the break
  • Anybody else quietly impressed with Carlton. I'm sure I saw him in his first few pundit jobs and he looked out of his depth but now - look, he's not amazing - he's quietly making well observed points. Maybe the bar was set low early on.
  • Need to track that run down the right

They almost got in again
  • edited April 2022
    Take a touch, Tomas. Good chance to take the lead.
  • Need to take some of these chances, but encouraged that we are creating so many
  • Man, that was poor defending
  • Great move but we had 7 across the back and they walked through us
  • Soucek far too passive
  • They are the best team we’ve faced in this comp
  • They had a lot of passes before that goal; we just let them go straight through us. Very disappointing, if a tad unfortunate that both the ball fell to their player from the good save by Areola, and that their player was marginally onside.
  • Benrahma to come on and score or assist 2 goals.
  • Benrahma to come on and score or assist 2 goals.

Yeah, our composure in the final third has been lacking.
  • Benrahma needs to come on

Frankfurt looking comfortable atm
  • edited April 2022
    It's been said before, but we play Lanzini and then need Benrahma from the bench. But if we start Benrahma, we call for Lanzini to come on.

Neither can seem to nail the position down.
  • They seem to have noted where our weaknesses are but we’ve not learned where their strengths are
  • Now he needs to do something or I fear he's way past last chance saloon.