Emirates FA Cup 4th Rd - Kidderminster Harriers v West Ham United, Sat 5th Feb 12.30, BBC TV.

Should be straightforward but it's the FA Cup. I think the team will be a mix of experience and youth.

COYI

Comments

• edited January 2022
    Psycho at Kettering Town tonight, Poppies are playing Kidderminster tonight in Vanarama North league. So we are scouting them 🙂
  • Should play our 3 new signings =)
  • First Kidderminster attack after 14 mins, good save but a tap in on the follow up. Kettering unlucky to be behind.
  • Poppies keeper off with an ankle injury. Centre half now in goal!!!
  • 0-1 HT Kidderminster forwards are quick, but not much skill on show. Even match so far.
  • Dodger58 said:

Poppies keeper off with an ankle injury. Centre half now in goal!!!

Love an outfielder in goal. Was only talking about this earlier with an Arsenal supporting friend, and referencing Henry Lansbury. He then surprised me by recalling Julian Dicks in goal.
  • How about Bobby Moore against Stoke early 70s i think .......yes i am old =)
  • Moore went in goal against Stoke in the 2nd repay of 1972 League Cup Semi at Old Trafford. Saved a penalty but couldn't keep out the rebound

Also Clyde Best in goal v Leeds 1973
  • Final score 0-1. Kettering had a goal disallowed on 90 mins, not a clue why. Kidderminster only had one shot in the second half which went 6 yards wide. They didn’t have any creativity, and their defence was ‘functional’ but basic.
    They moaned a lot, wasted time and a fair bit of simulation.
    Nothing much to excite Stuart Pearson, so be very disappointed if we don’t cruise through.

Famous last words😕
  • Got my ticket. 🥳
  • Right, we want a banner saying "Are you watching whu606?" Hahaha
  • Are any of our lot on international duty apart from Antonio?
  • Slacker said:

Are any of our lot on international duty apart from Antonio?

Darwin Nunez?
  • With Watford on Tuesday I expect we'll put out the B team, even Yarmolenko should be be to score against Kidderminster
  • alderz said:

Slacker said:

Darwin Nunez?
    Too soon, alderz. Too soon 😭
  • edited February 2022
    alderz said:

Slacker said:

Darwin Nunez?
    I was going to say Duvan Zapata but he wasn't called up by Colombia.
  • Kidderminster playing a League match tonight, so we can’t complain about lack of a break on Saturday - that’ll be 4 matches in 14 days for them.
  • So, I expect we'll see something like:

Areola
    Fredericks Dawson Alese Masuaku
    Kral Soucek
    Vlasic Lanzini Benrahma
    Yarmolenko

Randolph, Zouma, Johnson, Rice, Ekwah, Chesters, Nevers, Oko-Flex, Perkins

Moyes won't take anything for granted, but with a big league game on Tuesday I would think he'll rest some key players.

Obviously this should be a comfortable win, but it's a televised FA Cup game so we all know what could happen.
  • I never want to hear anything about lack of break or fatigue from Moyes for the rest of the season.
  • Preston, If I am honest I never want to hear anything from Moyes for the rest of the season. See I am being grown up about the transfer debacle.
  • Just don't want Yarmolenko anywhere near the team. Just irritates me.
  • So it's Yarmo and Palace. Could be worse Hammy, we could have signed Benteke on loan. 😉
  • Can you keep this thread for discussion of the game against Kidderminster, please. And general disgruntlement on its own thread. The 'move posts' option isn't available any more so anything that is posted on the wrong thread is quite an effort to move.
    So it would help not to have ' thread creep'. Thanks.
  • Noble was on the bench against Man U but still listed as having a knee injury. I would have thought if he's fit enough for the bench he'd be fit enough to start at Aggborough Stadium
  • Should Kral not get a start in this match he should just ask the club to rip up his loan deal and go home.
  • Should Kral not get a start in this match he should just ask the club to rip up his loan deal and go home.

Especially if Noble plays ahead of him.
  • It's difficult for Kral, even if he does play. If he comes in and plays well, people will say 'it's only Kidderminster', and he'll be dropped for the Watford game regardless.

If he doesn't play people will say 'how bad must he be to not even start against Kidderminster'.

I really feel for the lad. If he's genuinely not good enough, and Moyes will know better than any of us, then terminate the loan and let him play football in Moscow. If he's that bad, surely one of the U23 midfielders can take his place on the bench.
  • I want to see more of Kral but I'm not sure this is the game for him. This will be a messy and physical game. Noble would probably be better.

Anyway, wouldn't be surprised if Moyes played close to our best eleven.