Emirates FA Cup 4th Rd - Kidderminster Harriers v West Ham United, Sat 5th Feb 12.30, BBC TV.

Comments

• edited February 2022
    The closer we get to this game the more flashbacks of previous encounters with lower league opposition enter my mind and with 70+ years of supporting it’s a long process. I’m at Sheffield Wed at the moment with Nottm Forest, Wigan, Wimbledon and WBA still to come. I want that to be the last one.
  • edited February 2022
    I like that but I don't think Antonio will play
  • Lukerz said:

I think this is a good game for Zouma. He gets more minutes under his belt after 2 weeks of a break/training & this shouldn’t be too intense of a game.

Areola
    Fredericks - Diop - Zouma - Johnson
    Kral - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio

Antonio won't start. Bench, maybe, as an emergency, but I'd imagine Yarmo will be up front.

And I take your point on Zouma, but if Dawson is injured as his absence from training could suggest, I think we need to keep one of our senior CBs safe for Tuesday.
  • edited February 2022
    A perfect game to play strong core but allow a proper look at Kral and also Oko Flex and Perkins (at some stage hopefully)

I think Antonio needs resting unfortunately as I think he will have only just returned from Jamaica. I will be hoping we can rely on a goal or two from Bowen, Fornals or Benrhama to put us in control and then introduce the u23's.

It's probably going to be intense for the first half hour but after that class should tell.
  • I suspect Moyes will give Antonio the day off and most of the regular starting XI will be on the bench

Areola
    Fredericks Diop Zouma Masuaku
    Noble Kral
    Vlasic Fornals Benrahma
    Yarmolenko
  • Didn't Moyes say Antonio only got back at 11 this morning?
  • Lukerz said:

I think this is a good game for Zouma. He gets more minutes under his belt after 2 weeks of a break/training & this shouldn’t be too intense of a game.

Areola
    Kral - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio

Antonio won't start. Bench, maybe, as an emergency, but I'd imagine Yarmo will be up front.

And I take your point on Zouma, but if Dawson is injured as his absence from training could suggest, I think we need to keep one of our senior CBs safe for Tuesday.
    Stand down, Big Daws is back at Rush Green

• Article on Kidderminster in the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/feb/04/kidderminster-v-west-ham-you-can-feel-the-buzz-throughout-the-town

Their budget for the season was £400k which apparently Zouma earns in a month
  • Let's hope they do well from the TV money and extra ticket sales. I have often read of situations in which the Premier team allow them their share of gate money and a few other things. I hope we do this as it's what gives the FA Cup its character.
  • I suspect Moyes will give Antonio the day off and most of the regular starting XI will be on the bench

Areola
    Fredericks Diop Zouma Masuaku
    Noble Kral
    Vlasic Fornals Benrahma
    Yarmolenko

Fair point, so Bowen to top & Vlasic on the right. Not sure Yarmo will be up for this.
  • edited February 2022
    keep Yarmolenko on the bench untill the 88th min ,then he can come on and score the goal to take it to exter time =)
  • MrsGrey said:

Didn't Moyes say Antonio only got back at 11 this morning?

Yes.
  • Lawro has us down for a win, so that's that then. We're out!
  • I would like to see Benrahma playing wide on the right so that he can go outside and put in an outswinging cross rather than always cutting back on the left for a diagonal cross or hopeful shot. I think Bowen could definitely play central striker with his pace and instincts in the box.
  • I will be a bit disappointed if we don't let some of the youth players don't feature as there is a good chance that they may have to be called up

Also....I just don't want to see Yarmolenko or Fredericks to play, they have no future here and frankly aren't good enough...so we should give the kids a try

Would like to see something like this

Arreola
    Ashby Zouma Baptiste(Or Alese) Johnson
    Kral Fornals
    Bowen Vlasic Oxo-Felx
    Perkins

Although ExWHU has said we've gone for a "very strong team" with a strong bench
  • Moyes will go more or less full strength

His record here so far indicates that in the FA Cup
  • edited February 2022
    Team

Areola
    Kral - Noble
    Yarmolenko - Vlasic - Benrahma
    Bowen

Randolph, Alese, Dawson, Coufal, Cresswell, Rice, Soucek, Fornals, Okoflex

No Fab, Masuaku, Lanzini or Antonio involved.
  • No excuse not win. Personally would have liked Rice or Soucek in the team and Yarma no where near it.
  • I would liked Rice for Yarmo. Other than that it’s pretty strong.
  • Not many attacking options on the bench, but surely we shouldn't need any !
  • Strong bench, how often do you say that about West Ham? 5 plus internationals! Think Bowen! Yarmolenko, and even possibly Benrahma can interchange.
  • Get 2or 3 goals ahead then give Okoflex some time
  • Bit concerned there’s 3/4 players in there I would consider a bit lightweight
  • Can't wait till Yarmolenko contract expires this summer

Why persist with this guy when he's gone in 6 months and is pretty much not part of the first team picture anyways

Let Oxo-Flex or Perkins get a chance, they could be the future

Same for Fredericks, Ashby could be better than him already so why not give him these opportunities
  • Wonder if we’ll see that ‘wand of a left foot’ today that the commentators always mention at least once a half
  • Lukerz said:

Wonder if we’ll see that ‘wand of a left foot’ today that the commentators always mention at least once a half

Or the Chelsea game he scored in
  • Or his Ukraine goals tally
  • Can't wait till Yarmolenko contract expires this summer

Why persist with this guy when he's gone in 6 months and is pretty much not part of the first team picture anyways

Let Oxo-Flex or Perkins get a chance, they could be the future

Same for Fredericks, Ashby could be better than him already so why not give him these opportunities

Maybe because Moyes thinks a Ukrainian international with 106 caps who has played in the Euros and a player who has 230 senior appearances in three different leagues are physically better suited to deal with a team from the sixth tier than a couple of U23s.
  • 10 commentator facts about Yarmo

Wand of a left foot
    Terrible injury
    Chelsea winner
    Ukraine
    Wand of a left foot
    Cuts in on his left
    Out of contract
    Nice touch
    Cost £17m
    Wand of a left foot