How many more appearances does he have to make? Until we have to sign him

Too few!

;weep
  • sweepy23 said:

How many more appearances does he have to make? Until we have to sign him

He signed on a permanent deal back in September

;run
    ;sofa
  • I'm usually all for giving players (&a Managers) a decent amount of time to get things sorted

However.....

Zaza doesn't appear to be up to it at all. Could just be stubbornness by Bilic as he's admitted he wanted him for a while, or that he's desperate for Zaza to do well, but I can't for the life of me work out why Fletcher hasn't had more game time.

Unfortunately we probably need to send Zaza back soon
  • Slaven,

Not going to say this will happen but some managers have lost their jobs over such stubbornness.
  • He hasn't even looked like he might score.
  • Slaven,

Not going to say this will happen but some managers have lost their jobs over such stubbornness.

Well, Slaven might lose it too if he seriously thinks about playing Tore and Zaza and keeping Fletcher on the bench. The longer it is going on, the more ridiculous it looks.
  • Zaza's dad (and agent) tells Calciomercato.com that he doesn't know what's going to happen despite the headline

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/exclusive-zaza-could-leave-west-ham-in-january-agent-says-50627
  • That article seems to be quite certain that 14 is the number of games that triggers the 'buy clause'.
  • To be fair you have to feel sorry for him

The 'buy clause' must be a lot of pressure to deal with

I mean 14 games to impress or you don't get signed, no feeling period you have to hit the ground running and you can see the he's trying too much it's not coming naturally

It took Ozil 2 years to finally become one of the top players in the league, hazard also wasn't extremely potent in his first season

And the uncertainty can't be helpful

It's Juves fault, if they allowed us a season loan with option to buy the I'm sure he wouldn't be struggling as much as he is

Such a stupid deal to make and can't see him lasting past his 14 games
  • Don't feel sorry for him in the slightest. I'd give my right arm to play for West Ham.

If I turned up somewhere and over had a third of the league in games to prove myself I'd welcome that.

He wasn't introduced as second choice. He wasn't told he had to fight for his place. He walked into the team. He's been given every chance.

He stats weren't great before, so I'm not surprised. He only has a left foot. He's another Maiga.
  • Sweepy, I think that's unfair on Maiga, at least he scored ;ok
  • Apologies Expat. Well pointed out.
  • He walked into a rubbish team

That makes it much harder

It was a terrible deal, that's not Juventus fault they're in it to get the beat deal they can.

It was in part our failing to land (for numerous reasons)a name / marquee striker because our chairman opened his gob and was consequently left scrambling to get someone in to appease some fans that live off every word
  • Remember though he is a Juventus player. Why would he be 'desperate' and 'under pressure' to prove himself at West Ham? If he doesn't join us permanently, he's not without a club, he returns to Juve
  • its quite simple he doesn't cut it, and we would be mugs for paying the clause. The ideal but most unlikely situation is Zaza goes to Napoli and we get Gabbiadini someone who actually is a decent striker someone both Southampton and Everton were both in for at one point over the Summer.
  • But they didn't get him. Why?
  • Gabbiadini has started 6 games out of 13, been used as a sub 5 times, he's scored 2 goals and has missed the last two games due to a straight red.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Exactly. Mind, he would get 5 starts to prove himself. ;lol
  • Zaza either to be returned in Jan or both clubs agree to drop the 10/14/16 game clause as it helps no one him not getting some game time
  • Maybe we need to change the thread title from "Welcome" to "please do not let the door smack you on the backside as you leave"
  • bit harsh guy works hard he just isnt good.
  • As Sweepy says, he needs to be returned or they amend the deal.

He would've had to get off to a flyer for this stupid clause not to add more pressure. That's the Dave's for you, miss all your original targets and then get someone in on a hiding to nothing. Keep your mouth shut or just say we'll spend 30-40m on improving the squad and nothing else, you don't set the incorrect expectation but as usual they can't help trapping off.

All their own doing and as usual avoidable.
  • A member of Simone Zaza’s entourage told Italian radio that “something is in motion” for the West Ham striker’s move to Napoli.

It is well known that the Partenopei are seeking a new centre-forward in the January transfer window, as Arkadiusz Milik is recovering from a ruptured ACL and Manolo Gabbiadini has so far failed to impress in that role.

“Something is definitely there and something is in motion,” the unnamed member of Zaza’s entourage told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli reporters.
  • edited November 2016
    Is that a joke? I can't tell with you lot.
  • Outcast, only believe it when Rav changes his name to Zaza_is_forever ;ok
  • Zaza gab? Or....

;yercoat
  • edited November 2016
    MrsGrey said:

Zaza gab? Or....

;yercoat

Mrs G, Zaza Gab is most definitely Diamantes ;biggrin
  • I have no idea what's going on ;lol