Welcome Simone Zaza - official

Comments

• Maybe the 20 million is what THEY pay us ;puzzled
  • Nice to see a player being honest:
    "It was a very difficult time for me," Zaza said. "When I left Juventus, I was very optimistic. I wanted to have an experience in England because I thought that would best suit my qualities.

"But everything started badly. I think the biggest at fault was me because I was very negative and I never saw the positive side to my situation. It was a different culture and atmosphere to mine.

"Now that I'm here, I feel bad not proving in England what I'm capable of."
    http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/new-valencia-signing-simone-zaza-blame-me-for-west-ham-flop-i-was-very-negative-a3442146.html
  • Biscuits again ;wahoo
  • That makes me respect him a lot more to be honest ;ok

Thanks for sharing that Grey.
  • That's actually quite refreshing. Fair play to him. I still feel those 'after X games' you must buy them deals make it hard for the player to succeed. Literally have to hit the ground running or else it's wasted time for all. I wish him success (but not so much we end up feeling we lost out that we should have kept him!) in Valencia.

On a side note the pic of him in that article, he looks real happy to be there...
  • I wish him good luck, he will probably score on his debut..
    I really think the appearance issue played a big part in his poor performances as well..
    But I've no bad feeling about him, it just didn't work out here..
  • jay ;ok good luck to him but I don't see him scoring many
  • Good lad, honest words, hopefully he'll go on and do well with Valencia (Of course he will, we all know that!)

And lets not forget, he saved us 20 large

;thumbsup
  • If we play them in pre-season he will at least double his scoring record at the OS.... ;ok
  • Good luck to him. Its never easy hitting the ground running in the EPL.
    I feel our pre-season planning was quite poor with so many new additions, and the Payet situation didnt help either.
  • To think the only goal he got in any of our games he was involved in

Was AGAINST us....

;doh
  • Good luck to him. Its never easy hitting the ground running in the EPL.
    I feel our pre-season planning was quite poor with so many new additions, and the Payet situation didnt help either.

Not sure Payet is anything to do with it personally.
  • Imo the Payet situation hasnt helped settle the new players.
    Payet has not been intrested all season in doing his job (service the attackers).
    This has led to low morale and a disgruntled team. Imo
  • If Zaza is saying to blame him and nobody else for his poor form, then I say maybe we should blame him and nobody else for his poor form?
  • #headsgone
  • Hear hoofbeats, think horses. ;thumbsup

;ac
  • alderz said:

If Zaza is saying to blame him and nobody else for his poor form, then I say maybe we should blame him and nobody else for his poor form?

Logic. Reason. Common sense.

Nah, it'll never catch on.
  • edited February 2017
    ZAZA ON WEST HAM EXIT

Simone Zaza had a torrid time on loan at West Ham from Juventus in the opening months of the season, eventually joining Valencia on loan in January, and has commented on why the move to London did not pan out.

Read more:
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/10754126/simone-zaza-says-he-failed-to-adapt-to-life-at-west-ham

• Rav, I've edited your above post to just keep the 1st para and then give a link for the rest. Can you do that in future, rather than copy and paste articles in full from other sites? Ta. ;hug
  • edited February 2017
    ;ok no probs

was just a copy and paste from the ssn transfer thread

that website name looks a bit dodge ;wink
  • edited February 2017
    I'l re-do the link.

I just googled and that's where it came up. They've probably just copied and pasted the whole thing too. ;lol

I shall tell them off. ;biggrin ;wink

Edit: link now reposted to show SSN's coverage of the issue. ;phew
  • Have you seen the goal Zaza scored against Real Madrid yesterday. A volley on the turn into the top corner!
    If I had the technical skill I would post a link, but the highlights are currently on the Sky Sports app!
  • upos

To post a link to a page on the Interwebby, just copy the link in the address bar (the top bit of your browser which shows www.somesite.com) and paste it in your post.

Here you are:

Quite good, wasn't it?
  • He's actually got 2 in two games now. His other goal was a tidy finish as well. If only we had someone of his quality...
  • Confidence player
  • Luke ;ok

If one had bounced off his backside on his West Ham debut I think he'd have gone on to be a handy acquisition. The longer he went without a goal the less likely he was of ever getting one.