Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/may/18-may/treatment-room

Well I know things can change but Sakho was due back early June according to this injury update. Carroll was supposed to have a "slight groin" problem.

Let's see who shows up this week.
  • edited July 2017
    Not jumping to conclusions. Carroll didn't play the remaining games of the season. Sakho missed the entire season and both were down documented as 'injured' when the season ended. Since then they've both had a month off. Not going to be in any better shape come pre-season. We've had no OS updates of either of their recoveries or any pics of them in the gym or with physios.

So we know how this goes as we've seen it before...

'Carroll is following his own fitness regime in a bid to be fit for the start of the season'.

'Andy Carroll is making good progress in his bid to return for the start of the season, but won't be risked in any of the pre-season friendlies'.

'Andy Carroll misses today's trip to Manchester United due to a lack of game time in pre-season, however continues to make good progress and aims to be fit as soon as possible'.
  • ;ok

Although Lukerz seems pretty sure AC and Sakho won't be ready for training...

Neither will start pre-season on time.

• Right now I would say that Luke is probably going to be right!!

I'd flog Sakho the first chance I had, keep AC though
  • Luke you say you're not jumping to conclusions but you say neither will be fit to start but then say you've heard nothing for a month or more.
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/may/18-may/treatment-room

Well I know things can change but Sakho was due back early June according to this injury update. Carroll was supposed to have a "slight groin" problem.

Let's see who shows up this week.

Looking at Carolls girlfriends Instagram, they have more holidays than Carroll has appearances for West Ham.
  • ;wave Posts discussing transfers has been moved to the transfer thread here http://www.whu606.com/discussion/10091/summer-2017-transfer-speculation
  • Sakho and Carroll didn't take part in training as they're still being treated for their injuries - exWhuemployee
  • So, Ex has written in his latest article that Carroll is likely to miss the start of the season through injury. Wonderful.
  • Has he ever had a slight injury that didnt take months to see him reappear for us ;hmm

I have always wanted him to have a decent run and always been pro AC. But I dont know how many more of these extended delays I can handle ;wahoo
  • Whenever I hear he will be out for 3 games I changes the word games to months....
  • ;doh So would people still rather we didn't get Andre Gray and hope Carroll gets a run of luck and stays fit......... the guy is a crock and completely unreliable.
  • I'd rather we get some one better than Andre Gray, so yes, I'd rather keep AC.

Crazy, I know, but it might just be that the rumour is not, in fact, true.
  • I'd say there's more chance of it being true than not.....

This is turning out to be some slight groin injury if true.....plus Sakho and his fitness or lack of it, bit concerning imo
  • He's done, he's just cannot be relied upon he is injured 50% of the time and is on huge wages

Problem is he will be difficult to move on because of his injury record and his wages

I'd keep him as he can be very useful off the bench still and always gets about 7-9 goals a season and can change games

If we have someone reliable like a Gray that can play week in week out then there will be less pressure to start Carroll and rush him back (which we always do) which hopefully means he should be injured slightly less
  • Slizzy

Well, we'll know if he takes part in any of the pre-season games.

• This is turning out to be some slight groin injury if true

If true, then while it might originally have been thought to be a slight groin injury it clearly is no longer a slight groin injury.
  • It's got to be something to do with the way his body heals itself, surely? His injuries often seem innocuous and then he's out for an extended period of time. I don't subscribe to the view that the club lie about it, because they aren't stupid they can see that the constant dripping disappointment is worse than the just learning about a significant injury once.
  • The club don't lie, they just don't tell you the full story, why? Because since day 1 after he signed the permanent deal, for that money and those wages they know it's a negative and they hate that!
  • Well, in the apparent case that AC was injured for months and the club announced a slight strain and would he out for a week, would that not be a lie?

It seems to me that your version of "not telling the full story" is the same as lying. Which, again, I don't subscribe to.
  • Alderzzz when it comes to AC they don't tell the full story, I haven't seen one update on his injury since the initial occurrence and official site (SB) saying it was a slight groin problem, which of course it may well of been back then, but surely they knew as it got to week 3/4 that it was more than that, hence not the full story ;ok
  • edited July 2017
    Izzy, you must have missed it.

9 May Injury Update on club site:
    Finally, Andy Carroll is continuing with his rehabilitation after suffering a significant adductor strain.
  • When has Carroll ever had a 'minor' injury?
  • When he cut his finger making a sandwich?
  • When his canary died of gas poisoning ;hmm

# ;yercoat
  • When he twisted his hair...
  • When he crashed his car into a Morris "minor"
  • When he was an U18 player.
  • When Cole fell on him.
  • When he got axed by the manager.