Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• When he choked on an olive pit.
  • When he got low-back-pain syndrome.
  • When he hurt his vocal chords due to constantly mimicking every sound he heard.
  • When he dropped Alicia Keys' 2001 album* on his foot.

*"Songs in A Minor"
  • edited July 2017
    When he hurt his fingers playing all the white notes on the piano.

(This can develop into C major injury.)

Yes, very much a musicians' joke.
  • To complete the circle:

When he was beaten up by a kid.
  • well...not so much of a joke ;biggrin
  • Sorry if it didn't strike the right chord with you, Herb.
  • I note your concerns.
  • ;lol

Somebody stop him!
  • Being a good listener and in tune with feelings of your fellow forum members is the key to creating harmony. So I'll tone down the musical puns, or at least scale them back, Or better still, beat it, and look for somewhere to sing Carroll's praises instead. Or if not hymn, our midfield maestro Lanzini.

Now, where did I leave the reid for my oboeiang?

Hmmm. Suite...
  • I'm sure I'll be hung, drawn and quartet for that last one.
  • Back to the topic: what were the injury records of Rigobert and Alex?
  • I'm sure they were on island records....
  • I'd like to thank Moore_than_a_nick for giving me the day off. Sunday will be a non pun/play on words day for me (as already mentioned on the TF thread)

Plus I had a dream that my Carroll 'minor injury' quip (canary being gassed as in 'miner injury') would get no 'make me laugh' clicks. I woke up and it was true!!! ;weep

So Sunday is a quiet day of reflection and maybe some Sky sports team tinkering activity. After all, I cant give everything up!
  • Baz v Nick

#PunOff

;wahoo
  • I think Michael Caine in Get Carter said it pretty well....

"You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself"
  • MrsGrey said:

Izzy, you must have missed it.

9 May Injury Update on club site:
    Finally, Andy Carroll is continuing with his rehabilitation after suffering a significant adductor strain.

Mrs G, honestly never saw that, thanks ;ok

• Interviewed after last night's 'training game' Slav says Kouyate 'done his knee'.

Video on the OS
  • edited July 2017
    Oh dear

That didn't last long
  • ;lol I saw your other post immediately after I'd typed that.

There was no further info (probably too early to tell exactly what's wrong/prognosis) but I expect we'll hear something later in the week.
  • The only one problem we’ve had is with Cheikhou, who injured his knee in a very strange and awkward way during training, but apart from that I’m happy with everything,” said Slaven.
  • We seem quite good at picking up strange and awkward injuries
  • The only one problem we’ve had is with Cheikhou, who injured his knee in a very strange and awkward way during training, but apart from that I’m happy with everything,” said Slaven.
    Of course he did... couldn't be a normal injury or no injury at all ;angry
    Of course he did... couldn't be a normal injury or no injury at all ;angry

Maybe it is a really straight forward injury and he will be fine in a couple of days. Because for us that would be very strange and awkward because our physio's have flat bookings for 6 months per injury.
  • Kouyate to miss first 3 games of the season according to Slav so make that somewhere between 6 and 10 unless our new fitness/medical team know what they're doing.
  • Rumours that Andy Carroll has been pictured in Ibiza partying.... ;doh
  • If he's been given the time off, what he does with it is of his concern. As long as he's doing all he has been asked for his rehab we cannot expect him to sit on his hands in his free time. Obviously if he's stage diving that's another matter but having a night out shouldn't worsen his injury on the presumption he's taking it carefully. Although all this is presuming that this rumoured picture is actually true anyway...
  • His missis has posted pictures 2 days ago on Instagram of her, her sister and AC in Majorca.