Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• Assuming you can take what he said as a reflection of his views. ;wink
  • Pinning hopes on Sakho XD all you need to know really.
  • Oh...hold on I get it. Sakho has been scripted with a fantastic positive set of statements. He'll be our striker next season so no need to flash the cash in the summer. Got it ;wink Makes sense ;hmm
  • Sorry Yeold but as you have us relegated already why not try Sakho?
  • Following from Antonio's injury i don't think I've ever seen a team where so many players have had lengthy layoffs

I mean apart from the keepers and maybe Noble don't think anyone has stayed injury free

Cresswell, byram, Masuaka all ruled out early ish in the season for 3/4 months

Ayew out for weeks after the first game

Feghouli (star of preseason) out for weeks before the 1st game of the season

Carroll and Sakho both out for most of the season

Collins and Arbeloa have a couple niggling injuries

Obiang, Antonio and Reid all out injured atm

Even Lanzini (and Payet..) was injured for the opening games of the season and missed the first couple weeks without getting a proper preseason

This has been an awful season.....but it's not hard to see why given the constant injuries to key, and squad, players
  • Reece Burke managed 90 minutes for the U23s last night, coming back from injury.
  • edited April 2017
    WHU

We say that every year to be fair.
  • So its not Chadwell Heath as we've moved to Rush Green.
    It's not Bilic as it happened under bfs
    So it must be that it's just the way it goes sometimes in football
  • Has the medical team changed?

If training methods have changed, and training base has changed, could it be physio practices? There are obviously always going to be injuries and misfortune, but we do seem to get an awful lot of injuries.
  • It may be about training but also about how injuries are managed. I must say I was a bit ;hmm when Slaven said that Andy Carroll felt his groin go in the first half of the Arsenal game at half-time, and Slav told him to go out and play for 15 more minutes. That may have partly been because they thought Sakho could only play 30 mins. But it seems risky from my partially-informed standpoint.
  • Reports that Byram left training on crutches today....
  • Well, since there were reports (that Izzy mentioned) that he left the match on Saturday on crutches, I'm just amazed he made it in to training at all. ;nonono ;wink
  • edited April 2017
    Moore-than ... I hadn't heard the version that he was 'told' to go out and play. ;hmm

The story I read (no idea how accurate it is compared to other versions) was that he felt a 'twinge' (rather than his groin 'went') and he played on a bit after that. (And there was no indication it was against medical advice, as far as I'm aware.)

;ok
  • re Sam Byram, I've done a bit of digging.

Suggestion is, the 'injury' could be a reaction to rolling his ankle early in the game, but he played the rest of the game no problem.

Precautionary crutches, or serious injury? Conflicting reports, some saying he's a doubt for Sunderland while others say he's expected to be fine.

http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/players/sam-byram-could-doubt-sunderland-12878503

image Picture is from yesterday (Sunday).

An club injury update is apparently due out tomorrow (Wednesday).

• He looks about 2 years older than the rest of the kids ;biggrin
  • vorse ;ok

The same pic I posted (apparently that one is from Sunday).
  • He looks about 2 years older than the rest of the kids ;biggrin

The tall lad in the middle? Got a big future in front of him I reckon ;wahoo ;lol
  • Mrs grey I can't see he picture you posted ;hmm maybe a small snaffu with the site...
  • edited April 2017
    So that could be another player missing for Saturday.
  • Precautionary apparently.

Not sure where I saw that though ;hmm
  • Mrs grey I can't see he picture you posted ;hmm maybe a small snaffu with the site...

;hmm
  • Vorse

In this post? http://www.whu606.com/discussion/comment/855856/#Comment_855856

I can see it on the PC and Android phone. ;hmm
  • Hi (Call Center) Grey... ;hug

I can see the picture now on my laptop running windows and I have just checked on my Android phone and can also see it.

But when using my IPAD I can't.... It jut shows the word "image"... ;hmm
  • How very odd.

On the iPad, can you see either of pictures a or b below?

Picture a

H5QTCHJAULTS

Picture b
    picb
  • I will check tonight and let you know my IPad is at home. ;ok

I will now try to find the 10 differences between the two pictures, I've already spotted four.... ;puzzled
  • Not sure of relevance but I can see both on my I-pad
  • I can't but I don't have an IPad, so that might explain why.
  • edited April 2017
    Thanks, chicago and Suze.

Preston - there's always room on the naughty step, you know. ;wink