Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/march/22-march/treatment-room

Antonio out for 3 or 4 weeks.
    Reid out for 5 wks.

Obiang out for rest of season after an operation.

Sakho training with 1st team 'soon' but will not be available for PL selection until he's completed an equivalent of a 'pre-season'

Noble available for Hull.
  • Sakho

How many more pre-season is he going to have to do.....

Personally think he's a very lucky boy to still be at the club after refusing to train/tour
  • #Sakhotheboard
  • baz! baz!

Here you go... ;yercoat
  • Sakho

How many more pre-season is he going to have to do.....

Personally think he's a very lucky boy to still be at the club after refusing to train/tour

Especially when DG says he'll be ready Mid-March #porkies #surelynot
  • edited March 2017
    Sakho should be available towards the end of March. dg
    Twist not reporting quite accurately, but never mind it gives him a chance to slag off the owner for something he never did.

#surelynot

#honestmistake
  • edited March 2017
    MrsGrey said:

Sakho should be available towards the end of March. dg
    Twist not reporting quite accurately, but never mind it gives him a chance to slag off the owner for something he never did.

#surelynot

#honestmistake

'Gives him a chance to slag off the owner'

Nice ;ok a bit personal?

Just don't like being continually lied to/misled
  • The insert image button isn't working but I've got 2 tweets here:

15th Feb:
    Diafra Sakho is doing great, he's running freely and should return to the first team squad in the middle of March. dg

25th Feb:
    Diafra Sakho's rehabilitation is going well and he should rejoin the main squad in the next couple of weeks. dg
  • I said last year I didn't expect him to play for us again , headsgone in my opinion
    can't see him there next season either .

I will stick by my thoughts that a big clear out will happen in the summer and I see some big changes coming with some quality not quantity and no Europe to worry about this time round .
  • edited March 2017
    twist, the fist one I copied is from 5 Feb. Before the others you put up.

So from the 3 responses he made, there is a variation of a few weeks as to when he would 'return' or 'be available' (not sure why he uses different terms, or what he means by 'be available'. Which is in itself evidence that there is no fixed date attached to it.

The constant in all three tweets is the use of he word SHOULD. Not will.

Why can't you accept the possibility that Gold is doing his best, in good faith, to give information to the fans based on what is known and expected at that point. He's not a doctor or a physio. Rehab isn't an absolute science that you can set your watch by.

And you play football, so I'm sure you know that. So why act like you don't?

Instead, you read into his tweet something that wasn't said ( ie a certainty that Sakho would be back at a certain time), ignore the realty of the situation that rehab might take longer than expected, and then call Gold a liar based on it.

You might think my reference to you slagging off the owner is a bit personal - to me it just looks accurate, based on you accusing him of being a liar.
    I think you are being unfair - whether that is deliberate or not I couldn't say.
  • ;ok

'looks likely to be sidelines' and 'is unlikely to play again this season'

Reasonable inferences, for me. Possible (with 9 week left) that we may see him in the last game or 2. I suppose it would depend on a variety of factors.
  • The good news is we didn't give him that payrise he cried for.....

;thumbsup
  • To be fair, whatever the owner has said about prospective time frames for his recovery, Sahko could easily have had a setback (e.g. like Butland in his recovery a while back when he looked close to a return and then was out for many more months). So whether someone likes the owners or not, I don't think it particularly fair to quote tweets that could easily be posting in total good faith as opposed to trying to mislead. I don't actually see what the motive would be for deceiving regarding his recovery time ;hmm

Oh and that doesnt mean I am sticking up for anyone or knocking someone else, it's just a genuine opinion ( and everyone knows, my opinion is always correct ;run )
  • The club, imo, is on a lose lose with some people. Say nothing and you are accused of hiding the truth, attempt to give the fans some information and have that distorted to be a definite promise on a situation which is out of your hands.
  • Tbh, the thing with Sakho is that we were led to believe he would be available for a chunk of this season as some sort of justification for not signing a striker in January, after not having signed one in the summer.
  • Perhaps a while back his recovery time was expected to be a certain length and now its not. Plenty of players have setbacks in rehabilitation. Our backs are a very tricky area. Its not like it was a hamstring or calf problem.
  • I'll be very surprised if Sakho plays for us again regularly. He'll be fit (ish) by the end of the season, and may get a couple of games to put him in the shop window, to see who will come in for him.

Of course, he will fully recover next season and start banging them in for somebody else . West Ham Way init ?? ;weep
  • I'll be very surprised if Sakho plays for us again regularly. He'll be fit (ish) by the end of the season,

As a result of not paying close attention, I initially read this as 'he'll be fish at the end of the season' ;nonono ;puzzled

;doh
  • Surely that'll start the fish puns?

Ok I'll start it

'Sharkho fin-ished after shore jaws' I mean score draws ;run ;run (deserves at least 2 run aways)
  • not before ;fishslap it doesn't...
  • ;lol

I was getting visions of 'swimming with the fishes' scenario, which I thought was a bit of an extreme reaction to his injury. ;whome

• not before ;fishslap it doesn't...

True but I have to say stuff like that because every time I go on a thread thats political or religion based I regret it. I'm firmly in the camp of Religion and Politics not being the best idea on a football forum. I've successfully kept away from the Uk is out thread and the Trump one for ages but the London terror one drew me in and I am now keeping away from that one ;yercoat
  • baz ;ok

I've never liked the idea of telling users what they can and can't talk about.

It seems to me stuff like that is going to come up from time to time, and having a dedicated thread that people can use or ignore seems to me the best way of dealing with it.
  • Trouble is Grey you get the 'wet paint' or 'keep off the grass scenario'. No matter how much people want to ignore those threads they get the urge to dab their finger or dip their toes in.
  • thron

Can't be held responsible for people lacking restraint, now can we? ;wink
  • Guilty as charged m'lud ;hug
  • Whilst its my opinion (and desire to avoid them), I agree that having a dedicated thread is about the best solution. I wasnt suggesting getting rid of the political or religious threads despite them inevitably leading down paths where people disagree to a point where someone gets upset or offended. I've resisted actually commenting on them despite having my own viewpoint on any given topic that arises as I know its hard to step away when someone else types something that offends or provokes you to justify, clarify etc

Anyway injuries... I see after Smalling nobbled Jones to get his place back in the Man Utd team, he then injures himself! ;doh ;lol
  • Baz: "our backs are a very tricky area." Agree - especially the Right Back. ;adkins