I won't stand for this - The thread all about standing at the OS.

Comments

• Everton make a tannoy announcement at the beginning go each half telling people to sit but the Stewards never follow this up unless people stand in the gangways, or on the seat.
  • Actually it very much looks like I agreed with you.

So why I typed I don't think that was the reason I don't know ;hmm
  • Wanna fight? ;biggrin
  • Possibly Suze, I'm not saying that their intentions weren't right but they've dropped the ball on this as you say.

They have also bare faced lied to some people who bought their ST at the reservation Center by using the CGI. Obviously don't know how big or bad the problem was but people out there do feel a little bit miffed.

Back to the seating piece, there was a poll run, over 4,000 people responded and 86% said they believed they should be allowed to stand, it's a significant issue IMO
  • edited August 2016
    4/11 Suze
    25/1 Ironherb
    16/1 the draw

;biggrin
  • £5 on Suze please ;whistle
  • ;ok Slizzy

;lol Expat IHerb

• Back to the seating piece, there was a poll run, over 4,000 people responded and 86% said they believed they should be allowed to stand, it's a significant issue IMO

Ah, the vocal minority are at it again. ;biggrin
  • I've just been speaking to my Citeh mate. They didn't have a family stand when they moved home but introduced one a season or so after because of persistent standing.

They had the same trouble we are having now.
  • ;ok

It could just be pains related to moving but they had enough examples out there.
  • Standing at football matches isn't illegal.

Under the Football Supporters Act 1989 every person attending a Premier League or Championship match must be allocated a seat but it doesn't say they have to sit in it, something the Dept for Culture, Media and Sport confirmed in a letter to the Football Supporters Federation in 2008.

However the stadium's owners/operators set terms and condtions which anyone purchasing a ticket has to abide by, as this has been raised then we can assume that Venci have prohibited standing. If you are judged to be "persistantly" standing and refuse requests to sit down the stewards are well within their rigths to chuck you out for breaching the terms and condtions under which you bought your ticket.
  • Not sure but i would guess the Safety Certificate would cover this and I suspect it would state no standing
  • ;ok

It could just be pains related to moving but they had enough examples out there.

Well the guy in charge did come from Arsenal, my guess is he didn't know about standing and singing and the like ;biggrin

• There are a lot of very thick people out there with short memories.

I can't be sure who that comment was aimed at, but I'm hoping I know what you meant, in general

If you could clarify?
    Slav's
    Purely 'aimed' at the knuckle draggers with the .... you attitudes, who forget why the rules were brought in, and think that it is their 'right' to stand. There are no such rights. The successful German standing areas are purpose built, does anyone seriously think that we will be altering seating anytime soon ?
  • BBB - ah okay buddy, did think that ;biggrin

yes unfortunately there are enough of those around that think they've got a god given right because they "paid they're hard earned" and they certainly won't be helping the current situation.

I think the club will have to look at some kind of ticket swap/trader thing, if people are that keen to stand (behind the goals)
  • But you can't advertise a ticket swap to enable spectators to stand.
  • It seems to me that they have a choice, sit down or watch the game standing in front of their armchairs.
  • You wouldn't advertise it like that would you!!

You'd advertise it along the lines of being back in the same/similar stand you were in at the Boleyn.

• There are a lot of very thick people out there with short memories.

I can't be sure who that comment was aimed at, but I'm hoping I know what you meant, in general

If you could clarify?
    If it helps, I'm sure I'm very thick, and I have a short memory. Don't know what this is in reference to, though. Which kind of proves my point :-)
  • The standing rule in the stadium is the same as the dangerous driving law -open to interpretation. My uncle was done for dangerous driving because he had a smellytree hanging from his rear view mirror -otherwise, it would have meant the police car driving into his side was at fault. Likewise, I think that in a season or two, when the newly settled fans find their like, and flock together, the club will announce a standing section, and the stewards will allow people to stand, only using the standing rule to eject people they see fit, such as those chanting racial abuse, or people wearing leggings.
  • The club can not announce a standing section until the rules about standing change.

• Would that be a 'standing rule?' ;biggrin
  • edited August 2016
    IH, maybe they could come to an underSTANDING ;hmm
  • edited August 2016
    I just think they overstand...
  • Ironherb could be right, Newham council might have inserted a clause in the safety certificate that there no standing and while its highly unlikely that Newham would shut the OS down for breaching our certificate maybe the club could be fined if they fail to comply.

Is there a sports stadium certification expert in the house?
  • The STANDard of this debate is falling.
  • I've read a few forums and it sounds like this could tumble on for a while, many many reasons why people are in places that are now trying to stand and there have already been confrontations between our own supporters.

This could take a while to work out, let's hope the people standing in areas where the majority rightly sit, show a bit of respect and the club somehow find away to allow people to move around