New Kit 16/17 Speculation

Comments

• ;lol #agreed
  • I think with the union jack and the Elizabeth park print the owners are banking on the tourists buying a shirt rather than a token souvenir like a key ring or a scarf.
  • Wonder if they'll edit the crest if shirt sales plummet. ;hmm
  • Why will sales plummet? We're not even sure if these photos are the real deal. They will sell more shirts this coming season than ever before imo.
  • Didn't say they would.

Was just wondering if they did.
  • edited June 2016
    Luke, that crest is here to stay.

It was always going to be the new moving to the OS crest.

In one of the first SAB meetings I attended KB mentioned about removing the castle from the crest as was 'talked down'.

Much later when the SAB was shown a full pull at the heart strings video about the origin of the crest and all its iterations the members were a lot more receptive. With the exception of the inclusion of 'London'.

At the time I felt the video lead us to choosing this crest.

• Worst bit is the blue streak on the side....rest of it I could forgive

Worst bit is the badge. Straight off WordArt
  • Suze ;ok

Btw, am in no way putting any blame on anybody who may have been involved in the decision to go with that badge. ;ok

Just think it's an embarrassment that was proposed to the SAB, and nothing better. I have no doubt you would've been in a difficult position after the video and reasoning behind the new crest.
  • edited June 2016
    Got to remember the initial idea was to switch to this beauty

Which may have topped the current one.
  • ;ok Luke I didn't think you were putting blame on anyone but I do think that was always going to be the new badge regardless of what any of us thought or said, and it is here to stay.
  • ;ok

But badge 'tweaks' are fairly regular. Some clubs do it every couple of years, so

;pray
  • Away kit revealed tomorrow.
  • Romaine28 said:

I think with the union jack and the Elizabeth park print the owners are banking on the tourists buying a shirt rather than a token souvenir like a key ring or a scarf.

THIS!!!

• Oh yes, they are cashing in alright.
  • Never ever going to please all the people all the time, but such a shame really, if these are the kits, then last seasons kits would've been better.

They've branded the whole UK/Olympic Stadium bit and I have to be honest, I don't like that. As Rav says, they're appealing to the tourists.
  • You can only hope that the new away kit to be released tomorrow is a whole lot better than the mock ups floating around the interweb.
  • Doesn't look like it Suze...

FB_IMG_1465394767448
  • I do like a white away kit. Might purchase it. GB sleeves may be a deal-breaker.
  • Doesn't look like it Suze...

FB_IMG_1465394767448

;weep

Looks like I might have to get the sewing machine out and do some alternations.
  • edited June 2016
    I know it's a typo, but I really like the idea of 'alternations' ... combines alterations and alternate kit. ;hmm
  • ;lol

That neck line is going.
  • How about adding a pair of shoulder pads? And maybe a cape! ;)
  • I could do that ;biggrin
  • Who comes up with these designs and goes "yeah that's the best we can do"
  • An absolute idiot.
  • edited June 2016
    Surely the club could put a design out there and get some sort of opinion from the fans. I understand not everyone will agree but I don't think I have heard one positive comment regarding these kits (if true)
  • I miss Adidas