New Kit 16/17 Speculation

Comments

• ;lol I did not see that
  • edited May 2016
    Is that Pete Brady modelling these kits? ;biggrin
    For those younger members, ask your Mum/Dad who Pete Brady is. ;wink
  • Some good kits about

The one on the left was essentially the home strip when I started watching them in 1978.

The thin V stripes made for a nifty set of dart flights
  • edited May 2016
    Nobody has commented on the shift (colour-wise) from the sky blue of old to a "je ne sais quoi" blend of sky blue/aquamarine/torquoise/cyan that is on our current shirt.
    I blame it on all this computer colour mixing ;hmm
  • Sully JR of the David variety says away kit released 1st July
  • Is that genuine ? hard to see what its like no flappy collar though ;biggrin
  • It was on Twitter.

I think its a very clever mock-up.

According to DSJnr its the away shirt that will be on sale first and not until July 1st.
  • edited May 2016
    I don't like the QE Olympic Park line under the badge or the union jack effort on the sleeve.
  • I think (hope) that the person who did the mock-up simply replaced the Boleyn Ground logo with that one.

Can't see it being on the official kit, to be honest.
  • edited May 2016
    They are doing a very thorough job of pin pointing us on the map.. We are West Ham from London in the United Kingdom. I’d be very surprised if there isn’t an image of earth along with the post code somewhere on the shirt just to be sure.
  • Google earth QR code just above the badge....

• I reckon it's legit

however the QE Olympic Park line will just be there for the juve game

just my guess
  • Dude, I ain't getting no one game shirt...
  • No I meant that one line will be on for the Juve but will be off for the rest of the season
  • ;hmm so its removable
  • Nah. If that is the shirt, and I think it is, then the 2016-2017 reference will be there for the season.
  • ;hmm so its removable

As in that is the shirt the players will wear for the Juve game

It won't be on the replica shirt sold to the fans

Imo
  • edited May 2016
    2 things I never understand about the new kits/kit launch.

1. Why the fans don't get more of a say in what they look like (especially as it's the fans that is them).

2. Why they are never available to buy before fathers day (I would get one every year if that was the case).

Both imo would generate more money for the club.
  • edited May 2016
    No point asking for fan input, imo.

You'll get a gazillion different views. And whatever you choose in the end, some will love it and some will hate it.

Not worth the effort or the aggro, for me.

Now asking the players, since it is their work uniform....

;hmm
  • edited May 2016
    Well the players don't have to pay for it so ;hmm

I do appreciate the fans input thing as all have their own onions, but i do think it would benefit. For example imo I think the majority of fans would be against a Union Jack on the kit (assuming this was a genuine kit)
  • They asked for fan input for the last shirt at the Boleyn.

Paid us no heed.
  • Did they? Must have missed that.
  • Lol

Had to get the Union Jack involved?

Surely it says 'team pursuit' on the back, too?
  • Be fair, couple of washes and that 'Queen Elizabeth' stuff will peel off anyway.
  • And I can't believe that the best thing they could come up with is that cartoon badge. Worst crest in the league, when we had one of the sharpest.
  • ;hmm That was decided after fan input wasn't it?

#justsayin'

;wink