Dimi Payet; the Epilogue

Comments

• Hahahaha Durham is such a wind up merchant. He has absolutely no facts to back up his story so he just makes it up.
  • Oh no, not Durham ;doh

Izzy will be pleased. ;biggrin
  • ;quaver what's that coming over the hill, is it a monster, no it's angry bear
  • Does it have a twitter account?
  • No but it has a scowl
  • Lukerz!

PREDICTIONS!
  • Lukerz, it's not like FF. You have up until KO to get them in ;ok
  • edited January 2017
    Friend from Marseilles with a season ticket has sent me a video of the snake warming up. ;puzzled

Luckily he actually feels the same as us about his behaviour so I don't have to put up with any nonsense!
  • Close thread
  • edited February 2017
    I have done it even though you clearly didn't think you needed to say please.
  • See Payet now claiming he was bored with the negative football we were playing which is why he wanted to leave. He reckons his career would have gone backwards (which is exactly what it was going when we signed him). He also said he discussed it with the club in the summer which I find bizarre because he seemed fine when he went to the euros.
  • ;nonono ;angry ;weep ;hug

;ac ;scarf ;biggrin
  • edited March 2017

See Payet now claiming he was bored with the negative football we were playing which is why he wanted to leave.

I saw a bit of an article covering this interview. it referred to him not enjoying playing defensive football. I took it to mean he didn't like tracking back..

Edit: a fuller article, with direct quotes.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/10/dimitri-payet-west-ham-bored-defensive

Nothing to do with his family, and he was tapped up. In his own words.
  • edited March 2017
    MrsGrey said:

See Payet now claiming he was bored with the negative football we were playing which is why he wanted to leave.

I saw a bit of an article covering this interview. it referred to him not enjoying playing defensive football. I took it to mean he didn't like tracking back putting in a shift..
    Fixed it ;biggrin

• Coincidentally, I was thinking about him last night and, concisely, came to the conclusion that I was still a bit in mourning for the first player since Di Canio who made me want to not miss a game. A player who you couldn't wait to hve the ball and to see what magical thing could happen! A player we took into our hearts quickly, we loved and who basically stuck two fingers up at us.

So this morning I am glad to read the comments because it turned me away from mourning and into a contempt area. This may be more than a little bit bitter (and I am not bothered whether it is or not), but I hope he sinks into obscurity and never again reaches the heights he first showed with us.

#backtogoodridance
  • Reopened, for discussion and reaction to his latest interview.
  • It just goes to show if we hadn't had such a poor window transfer wise in August and had brought in some more mercenaries on high wages, we could have been contending for Europe through the league or a cup win plus the "Frenchman" would have stayed. I blame the board. ;wink ;whistle
  • Shame.... coyi
  • I have had to think very carefully before posting my words:

When he first signed I admit I had heard very little about him. When I watched the very first clips of him playing against Southend, I was excited. That first game against Arsenal at the Emirates I was overjoyed and over the whole season I fell back in love with football again, not just West Ham.

Now after hearing about his latest interview, I absolutely detest him. Not because he left but because instead of just leaving to go back to Marseille for personal reasons, he has to sully his time here and rubbish our name to boot. What a total scumbag!
  • Loathsome little toad
  • I do of course recognise all the financial and team spirit arguments but if ever there was a situation that needed a stand made it was this.

Could have asked him to put in writing that he refuses to play and then refused to pay his wages through a continual fining strategy or let him train with and play in the development squad. The idea that a player under a five year contract with the ink still wet can use phrases like I told Bilic in the summer and I said I wont play for West Ham again just makes me angry that he dictated what he wanted to happen and it happened. He got to go where he wanted and probably was only 4-5m from choosing the price as well.

Being good at football is no substitute for integrity and unfortunately his footballing skills will wain as he ages but his personality will be with him for the rest of his life.
  • so is there any action we can take against OM for the tapping up?
  • Could never prove tapping up. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he approached them in the first instance.
  • Who cares?

;quaver
    We know what you are
    We know what you are
    Dimitri Payet
    We know what you are
    ;quaver
  • On the plus side, with this supposed 'step up' to Marseille he is not qualifying for the Champs League next year (and they weren't in CL or EL this year) - top 3 qualify, they are 18 points behind second place Nice and 17 behind 3rd place PSG, but PSG have a game in hand.

Even qualification for the Europa is in the balance: 4th place gets it automatically, Lyon in that spot currently 2 points ahead of Marseille and with 2 games in hand. 2 more Europa places for two cup winners - Marseille are out of both. Possible to sneak in at 5th or 6th if cup winners already qualify through the league. 5th is now basically guaranteed as the final of Coupe de la Ligue is between PSG and Monaco. However, both Bordeaux and St Etienne are on their heels in the league, 2 and 5 points behind OM respectively currently, but both have a game in hand.

Would be overchuffed if it all comes through and he's not in any European competition next season - like Marseille weren't this season. Just playing in a poorer league. Great step up Dimi you berk.
  • so is there any action we can take against OM for the tapping up?

Sully is probably the worst at it, so probably best we don't try to take any action ;hmm
  • Twist

I don't think that is true at all. ;hmm